Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh yes, Alfred looks very smart, and his new neck attire is very fitting

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ebay IS the pits at the moment, please don't think it's your work, it's not, I can't give mine away right now, take a look and see!!    bear_laugh

I guess people are strapped for cash in the recession, together with maybe saving for Christmas etc....

I also find with ebay it's better if you're there 'all the time' - but their prices are Sooooooooo high now it's hard to do that.   

:hug:  :hug:

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

He's awesome!!!
Hugs,
Janice

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I think he is fairly priced. I wonder if the economy is really impacting peoples bear business. I can't help but think a lot has to do with it and people not spending right now. Don't loose heart. I bet it will pick up soon.  :hug:

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I really think Alfred looks great.  Love the aging, the new horizontally stitched nose, and his new neckwear.

Joanne

Sherroy Sarchie
Tasmania

he is beautiful, the butterfly has emerged. well done!

lisaastrup Astrup Bears
Slangerup- Copenhagen

Hi all.

Thanks for all your kind comments and advice given. I have joined Bearpile now and then I'll just wait and see what happens.
Coming back to bears on the worst time I can see, but then it can only get better, right   bear_thumb

nealabear Teddy's Treasure Chest
Toronto

Hi Everyone:
I use to sell on ebay when I first moved to Ontario.  When I first started I couldn't keep up with the sales and the orders that came out of the sales.  I was working in real fur and people were sending me coats from as far away as California to make up into bears for them.  My bears were going all over the world and my waiting list was months long.  In the years (since 911) the sales on ebay have been steadily going downhill and I've finally given up even listing on ebay.  I think it is just a sign of the economic times and we are paying the price because people just aren't buying what they consider luxury items like they use to.  The fact that we see dozens of watchers on listings actually sort of prooves what I'm saying.  People are watching what they would have bid on in better times but they are now just sitting back to see if the item will sell because they are holding onto their money.  Sad but True.  I've found the same trend happening here in Canada with the Teddy Bear Shows.  I've cut back to one a year and that one comes up in 4 weeks.  When I first started making bears and going in both craft and specialty shows I would usually sell out or come very close.  Now it is a fight to get those sales at all and most of my bears go home with me.  Most people in the shows are saying the same thing.  It's no reflection on the quality of the work just a refeltion on the times we are living through and hopefully over the next few years as the ecomony improves we will again see improvement in sales of our babies.

Neala

Board footer