Winney, thanks for the links !  bear_smile

Kim wrote:

I have them written down

I'll do that too !  bear_laugh  Can't memorise everything..... he he

Hugs/Marie

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Oh, that's very nice both of you, my friends...  bear_laugh  :hug:  :dance:

I' enjoy those master-classes and going to make some wings too as soon as I get Liquid Fimo or TLC.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, we read your posts, Julia; don't you worry about that. 

Thank you for reposting so we can access your links again.

:hug:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Pluskin....I think I repeated some of yours.....and mine twice..oh well... thank you plushkin...at least we have it covered...LOL....

Oh Shelli...what is the link for thqat one doll site you gave a few pages ago? Or have we got that covered too?.... Winney

Vladivostok, RUSSIA
Shelli wrote:

Oh, we read your posts, Julia; don't you worry about that. 

Thank you for reposting so we can access your links again.

:hug:

:hug:   :dance:

Shelli, Winney, I'm just being silly here...  bear_whistle I saved all your links, Winney, And going to check them ALL>!!!!!! bear_grin  :hug:
THANK YOU!!!

White City, Oregon

I am still lookimg around for that tutorial on the tattered wings....man I dont give up easy, he, he....You know I think I copied it out and it is stashed in my Barbie./Gene makeover stuff ...oh no, GROAN.....gotta go look for it ???  Tomorrow.you know it is 1:36 in the morn....I never know when to stop when I am onto something.....Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Mel, your wings are great!  How do you adhere the feathers, glue?  I made feather wings once.  Total pain in the butt!

Winney... that was www.oneandonlydolls.com.

Enjoy!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

WingFaeriePhoto.jpgHere is the another master -class.
Wings are made of organzahttp://www.globalfantasydolls.com/TutTw … eWings.htm

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

Julia I have just found this post , I have often thougt of making a fairy beary but didnt know where to start I have bookmarked all the sites you listed (so impressed) thanks for te insperation  bear_thumb

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Estelle, you welcome..I have to find some time for me too to make those beautiful wings!! bear_laugh

White City, Oregon

Thanks Shelli for the link.......those are pretty feather wings Melane , thanks for sharing with us how you do this....
and thank you Plushkin for your link ....Winney

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Rynia-small.JPGMan, I have seen so many awesome wings in here!!  I have saved I think a dozen sites in my favorites in the last 15 minutes!! 

Here are my wings, I made them myself...   I used (of all things, suprise!) wire for armature, elmer's glue, wax paper, and glitter.....  Then I sealed it when I was all done.

Oh, sorry for the nakeys.... I do my faeries 'au naturale'..... lol

Kimberly W.

White City, Oregon

That is a neat site...I found some fairy patterns I really like..with wings.
Form all my searching I have found organdy to be the choice or wide  Wrights ribbions  ( cut in shapes)for wings...the organdy ones are wired..you will find all the info. for making these on the links I gave ...This was an exhaustive but fun search.... Winney

White City, Oregon

KIMBERLY...what a fabulous fairy..the wings are awsome !!!!...did you use organdy ?
I read in one tutorial you can use organdy, organza, silk. Sometimes the fabric can be stiffened with white fabric glue and water...to stiffen it as needed.

Your sculpting is beautifully done..she is exquisite....Winney

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you Winney!  No, I didn't use organdy... It's actually wax paper and elmer's glue, glitter, sealant, a few beads to accent the wings....  I am so unconventional! lol  I'm always trying to scheme up my own ways to do stuff! 

Check out my mermaid that is made wet looking with Sassy Bear's nose gloss!!!! lol

Again, sorry for the nakeys!

Kimberly W.

125295983.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AAHHH ! This is the one I saw on Ebay when I went to your ebay link - she is gorgeous!! WOW!!!  bear_wub

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kimberly, your dolls are beautiful!!!  :hug:  bear_thumb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oooh....Lisa thanks for the links...way cool idea!!!   And I get to recycle too bear_original  Do you think that the post office would find it strange if I asked for their priority envelopes and then never used them for priority mail... bear_original 

Kim...where have you been hiding those incredible creations of yours.  I must get out and off TT more often.  They are outstanding. 

Shantell

White City, Oregon

Kim...she sure looks wet...the Sassy nose varnish works wonderfully..we are going to have to watch your Ebay for those georgous dolls!

Wax paper, wire armature , elmers glue and glitter..thats an amazing combination for wings.especially the wax paper......Isnt it great , many of these materials tips can be use for creating unusual bears too... THen what did you seal it with ?..I am so enthralled with all these wings...love the feathers ones too... they look so soft for bears...Winney

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you, everyone! 

I don't do the sculptures nearly as much as Teddy Bears; I just don't have the time or energy to sit at the table and sculpt, what with two kids, working very early in the morning, etc.  But every once in a while, I get this itch to sculpt and I've just gotta do it! lol.  I also sculpt a line of Bernese Mountain Dog sculptures called 'Berner Bliss', but haven't had time to do those in a while, either. 

I just seal it with (either glossy or satin, your pick) clear spray paint/sealer.  It's easy to spray and dries super fast.  I have tried a few other methods for wings, but did not like the outcome at all.   But it's so fun to see what you can do with stuff laying around the house!  I think I'm going to try wings out of polymer clay rolled out super thin (kind of like the tail on my mermaid).  If I get them done any time soon, I'll post them on here, too!

What fun!

Kimberly W.

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kimberly, I looked through the links you gave...WOW

But I don't get what is Tyvek? Where else can I find it?

Julia

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Tyvek is what some heavy duty envelops are made of... they are white and kind of fiber-y for lack of a better term... its hard to explain.. some of the houses in the united states also are wrapped in tyvek just over the framing and under the siding... bear_original

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kim, do you have a picture of it?  bear_whistle

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

tyvekhere is a pic I found online...

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kim, thanks... bear_laugh

Board footer