Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hello all,

I'm curious to know how many of you have "travel teddy bears" -- teddy bears which you take with you when you're out and about.  Or perhaps you've designed teddy bears for this purpose, I don't know -- but if so, I'd love to know!  :)

Peter Bull was famous for carrying around Zissi (I belive the bear's name was), a tiny tiny teddy he took everywhere with him.

For myself (as I have presumably mentioned before), I too have a teddy bear (http://xteddy.org/~n6tadam/xteddy1.png) -- xteddy -- which I take everywhere with me.  In fact, he was found hiding in Hawaii, and when I got him, I didn't care for the tag in him (he's a Gund teddy bear) so I ripped it out, and cuddled him tightly.  :) :)

And to this day, I still do that.  He goes everywhere with me, when I go to work, when I am out and about shopping, when I go home, etc., and he provides no end of cuddles throughout the day when I need it -- even at night.  :)

Has anyone here considered making such a teddy bear?  I appreciate I could go to something such as "Build-a-bear" -- but these days, they do less and less teddy bears and more other plushies.  Even a teddy bear key-ring would be cool, although he's have to be durable to withstand a lot of wear-and-tear!

Poor teddy bears.  Sometimes they are just born into a tough life.  :)  Dear xteddy knows all about that.  And he's been such a good bear to me, even soggy when I've needed to cry.  :)  when I get to work, I fluffy him and place him on my desk alongside my other teddies already on my desk.  :)  Then he's set for the day, and goes back in my bag when I go home.    And throughout the day I sneak a cuddle here and there.  :)

So does anyone else do this?  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Us Bears Pennsylvania

My wife has a small Steiff Bear who rides in her purse.  His name is "Carry."
Get it?  Carry the Bear?  bear_happy

There is another small Steiff named Totin.
(Totin the Bear...)

And, there's a third named Packin.
(You must get it by now!  bear_happy )

If we go on a trip one of the Bears always gets to come with us.  It's a different Bear each time.
We have a travel journal that the Bears get to write in while they are on their trip.  They write where they went and what they saw.  Almost all of our trips are recorded in the Bears' travel journal.

Sometimes the Bears go shopping with us when we are picking out a gift.  The Bear(s) consult with us on what we should buy.  Every once in a while, one or more of the Bears will decide they want to go out for ice cream or something.  Then we all get in the car and head out for a snack.  The humans drive but the Bears ride in the front seat.  (Properly belted in, of course!)  I drive and the Bears will navigate and pick the station on the car radio.

When I get out of the car and go into the store I tell the Bears to sit tight and I'll be right back.  Sometimes they try to beep the car horn.  That usually causes people to stare when there are no people in the car but the horn keeps blowing.   bear_whistle

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I almost always carry a teddy bear with me.....First there is Earl, my Moon Bear Purse. He has traveled everywhere with me this past year since his birth....13,000 miles on the motorcycle plus the countless miles in the car, and then on my back for trips into the grocery store and restaurants. I am currently making some animal purses to have available for adoption on my website and at craft shows......

Then there is always a bear that sneaks into my luggage when I do go visiting places.....they cuddle with me when hubby doesn't go on the trip with me..............

Ellen

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh we've always taken a selection of teddies on holiday as a family, my mum, dad and I each get to choose some to take, so it's quite a hug that travels.  It changes each time though, so no-one gets jealous that they're missing out  bear_grin   I don't have a bear on my keyring, but I do have the most appropriate Ches, of HM Bears, keyring with a picture of the fluffiest bear ever, saying 'I just wash and go'.  My hair looks just like that bear  :crackup:

Us Bears Pennsylvania
rowarrior wrote:

It changes each time though, so no-one gets jealous that they're missing out  :lol:

Yes!  This is very important!  We make sure that everybody who wants to travel gets a turn as well.

Some Bears don't like to travel.  They prefer to stay and keep the home fires burning.  Other Bears would go everywhere with us if we let them.  Sometimes we have to stand there scratching our heads for a while thinking, "Hmmm...  Who hasn't had a vacation in a while?..."

bear_laugh

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Us Bears wrote:
rowarrior wrote:

It changes each time though, so no-one gets jealous that they're missing out  :lol:

Yes!  This is very important!  We make sure that everybody who wants to travel gets a turn as well.

Some Bears don't like to travel.  They prefer to stay and keep the home fires burning.  Other Bears would go everywhere with us if we let them.  Sometimes we have to stand there scratching our heads for a while thinking, "Hmmm...  Who hasn't had a vacation in a while?..."

:D

Hehe -- how ever do you make such decisions lightly?  Do you have an example from your bears' travel journal?   :) :)

That's so sweet...

-- Thomas Adam

yuklin Shanghai

i will take my bear with while i am traveling,especially i am alone.

i like take the picture for her bear_happy

and if you like,you can sent your bear to me and i will take him travel around Shanghai bear_tongue

yuklin Shanghai
pandamac wrote:

I almost always carry a teddy bear with me.....First there is Earl, my Moon Bear Purse. He has traveled everywhere with me this past year since his birth....13,000 miles on the motorcycle plus the countless miles in the car, and then on my back for trips into the grocery store and restaurants. I am currently making some animal purses to have available for adoption on my website and at craft shows......

Then there is always a bear that sneaks into my luggage when I do go visiting places.....they cuddle with me when hubby doesn't go on the trip with me..............

Ellen

bear_laugh

i like it

Board footer