Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Hey all,

When I cuddle my teddy bears, where do all the hugs go?  :)

-- Thomas Adam

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

Hi Thomas

I truly believe that they store them all up, to hugs us back when we need it.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

I'm with Dawn, they're all stored up inside for return favours

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub where do the hugs go when you hug a human?  Its a symbol of warmth and loving so when you think of that person you will feel that great feeling, as with teddy bears, they hold on till you hug them again and it comes back to you.
Hugs pat bear_flower

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

You took the words right out of my mouth Dawn  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Aww, so sweet.  bear_original

A friend of mine once told me that teddies share hugs between them, and that a hug from a tinyest teddy is just as important as a hug from a larger teddy.  I wonder if that's true.  bear_original bear_original

I used to worry that not cuddling my favourite teddy would result in that teddy feeling left out, and would spend ages cuddling all my teddies at one point to make it even.

But it's OK, the men in white coats have yet to catch-up with me.  bear_original

--  Thomas Adam

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website
ThomasAdam wrote:

Aww, so sweet.  bear_original

A friend of mine once told me that teddies share hugs between them, and that a hug from a tinyest teddy is just as important as a hug from a larger teddy.  I wonder if that's true.  bear_original bear_original

I used to worry that not cuddling my favourite teddy would result in that teddy feeling left out, and would spend ages cuddling all my teddies at one point to make it even.

But it's OK, the men in white coats have yet to catch-up with me.  bear_original

--  Thomas Adam

Why on earth would the men in white coats want to see you - they are too busy chasing those who have been damaged by not having a teddy bear!!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Oh and by the way a little bit of me still believes what my dad used to tell me when I was little, that my teddy bears come alive at night.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Dawn J wrote:

Why on earth would the men in white coats want to see you - they are too busy chasing those who have been damaged by not having a teddy bear!!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I hope that's true.  :)

Dawn J wrote:

Oh and by the way a little bit of me still believes what my dad used to tell me when I was little, that my teddy bears come alive at night.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

My ex-girlfriend used to speak often (perhaps often in fear, it was never clear to me) that she feared teddies looking cute was all to deceive us, and that at night when it's dark, they would revolt against us, and swap positions with one another, etc.  I didn't see the logic of this -- teddies are too cute.  Or maybe I've been taken in and fooled by their cuddly facade?   Needless to say, I don't have to worry -- I said *ex*, after all.    :P

-- Thomas Adam

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Every Bear who comes to our den gets "hugged in."

When the Bear comes home from the store or comes out of his package he gets an immediate hug...  A "Welcome to the Hug hug," if you will.  ;)

Any time a human needs a hug, virtually any time, day or night, Bears are always willing to return the hug.

BTW:  I know, for fact, that Bears do not plot against humans but they certainly wouldn't hesitate to subject any human who tries to do them any harm to the "Gulliver treatment!"

Coraleen DallyMay Teddies
Secunda, South Africa

Maybe the men in white coats should come after me.  I am 56 years old (and a grandmother of three)  bear_wacko and believe it or not, one of my teddies sleeps with me every night.  This teddy was a present from my beloved sister who lives in West Yorkshire (I live in South Africa).  I have a LOT of teddies that I have collected and regularly give them hugs - I do love my teddies. bear_wacko

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Err, well I'm 32 and have about that many teddies in my bed lol  1 is quite normal I'm sure  bear_grin

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
ThomasAdam wrote:

When I cuddle my teddy bears, where do all the hugs go?

What a great question, Thomas!
I think Dawn has the right idea : "I truly believe that they store them all up, to hug us back when we need it"  bear_original

Personally, I only know that when I want a hug from one of my teddies, I know he will always be there for me; he/she won't say :"not now, I've got a headache" or "Be careful, I just washed my fur", ...  bear_laugh

And Katy, I'm 47 and I've got ... (no not 47) several in teddies in my bed as well. And if they have to take all the teddy bear lovers to the funny farm, then that's the place where I want to be!  bear_tongue

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

I'm past my half century, and I take bears to bed - why not.

My mum, who turned 83 last Thursday regularly takes 4 bears to bed.

cheers,
G

Coraleen DallyMay Teddies
Secunda, South Africa

bear_original I'm so glad other people take teddies to bed as well.  I think I must add a few more the I'll be more (teddybear) normal. bear_wub

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

I have to bring back this thread.  I'm reading the archives because forums are a hobby of mine, and this post made my life.  I believe that teddies store all the hugs inside them and it's what keeps them alive.  Just like we need food to live, teddies need hugs.  They absorb them inside their hearts and then they have a lot of love to give to their humans *hugs two bears*.

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

What a great post bear_original I collect a lot of Michelle Nunnery's bears which are all quite small but I believe their hugs are just as big as big bear's hugs bear_original This is a lovely post thanks for bringing it back to the front Jessie bear_original

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Oh absolutely.  I mostly prefer bigger bears, not huge, but about 12 or 13 inches tall, but that's mainly because if I get a bunch of little bears and then drop one I'll never see that ted again, but I have a few little bitty bears and I hug them and kiss them.  It's a little bit awkward, especially with my bear Vicky who is about two or three inches tall because I can't give her a full hug with my body like I normally do.  I have to put her in my hand and squuz her that way, but she has as much love inside her as the bigger guys.  Also, she's very special because she goes everywhere with me.

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

I give all my teddies a hug on a weekely basis they hug me back, and then we all sit down for tea and cake I discuss with them my work week,the smiles ive had plus the tears i shed,then i ask them what they need ,a new ribbon,a new hat,even a new dress,oh boy I hope the man in the white coat doesnt read this as I wont be on TT much longer
Have a great HUGS DAY everyone
Just my North of England sence of humour

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Weekly basis?  I go crazy if I have to spend even an hour without a bear in my arms or beside me.  Yep, go ahead and commit me, just as long as I can have Arcto.

Gabriele~GJOYfulBears GJOYful Bears

You don't need committing lol. Not at all! Bears are great friends and there's a big difference between a psycho and a bear-lover.

I have quite a lot of bears now ~ not so I can look at them and think of them in numbers, but because there's so many cute ones I keep adopting as well as making them bear_original Having a lot of bears though means they do get less hugs. I usually have one with me while I'm creating a new bear and the same bear stays with me for the whole process. They do all get attention though! We have movie and popcorn & pizza night all together and have fun.

My aunt recently told me after hearing about some people on here from myself and how I thought you were all such great bear-lovers ~ "Oh It's so great to hear there are others out there as mad as you" ROFL I took that as a compliment as I know that was how it was meant bear_original I'm a very young bear artist and I get a lot of raised eye-brows when I tell others my age that I make and collect bears and love them to bits. I can live with that though ~ definitely bear_original

Board footer