Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

H R Puff'nstuff anyone? Or is it just me who remembers that?

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Was the Vogart painted craze thing big in the UK/US.  It was like paint in metal tubes that you painted onto tshirts.  My aunt made me a blue one with a soda glass on it - that very 70s image with the glass, straw, bubbles and strawberries.  I thought it was so American and so cool

YeaH, I painted the guy from Mad Magazine ( remember that) on one of my dad's shirts. My granmother had tons of that stuff.

couldn't get the quote to work right!

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Penny,
Yeppers I remember HR Puff N Stuff! I think that the guy who created that show was puffin' stuff! If ya know what I mean  bear_whistle  tee hee

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

You know what, I feel really old because I can't relate to most of this stuff....I got married for the first time in 1974 and so I guess I had moved on!! My daughter was born in 1978 and she was into Bros and Five Star....

I am more of the 'Woodentops' and 'Andy Pandy' era...in 1970 I was sneaking into pubs trying to buy Babycham or Cherry 'B'....unsuccessfully most of the time!!!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I was a girl in the 50s I was twenty something in the 70s all long hair platforms and Biba cloths false eyelashes top and bottom with more painted on for good luck. 
Hung out roand Sloan Square and the Kings Road in the Orange Julios and Granny takes a Trip. I didnt know you had the goodies in Aus did you do the funky gibbon?  bear_grin

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Hee hee...that was so fun to read, Daphne! I'm a younger 70's child, but still a 70's kid nonetheless.

I didn't beg Santa for a Simon; I really wanted the Easy-Bake oven and the Barbie McDonald's set.

I had a blue banana seat bike, although I felt a little dorky with it because by the time I got that one, everyone else was getting 10-speeds.

I loved Strawberry Shortcake and they've made a comeback so now my little girl loves her too! It's so cool. I think I buy her this stuff more for my nostalgic reasons! So I guess those marketing guys knew what they were doing. Strawberry, along with the Care Bears too. My mom kept all my Barbies from my childhood. She dug them out of the attic recently and also found a handful of Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I was so giddy to see them again!

I loved watching the Muppets and the Smurfs. Does anyone remember Fraggle Rock? I love that one too.

And we still make a big deal out of the Wizard of Oz's yearly TV appearance!

Todmorden West Yorkshire

Oh I watched fraggle rock wasnt ther one called travelling mac?

warwickshire uk
Website

Estelle I was a Biba addict too...in fact we bought the book with all the fashions in it and I have great memories of the huge store in Kensington.

Stupidly, a few years ago when we were moving I said to my daughter,'Do you want all these...?' there must have been 10 different dresses and bits and pieces all from the Biba store ...even a make-up set with a rainbow of eyeshadows in a paintbox looking thing ...she looked and said...'Nah, it's too old fashioned...' so it all went to the charity shop...I kick myself every time I think of it...

You live and learn....

Todmorden West Yorkshire

Biba dresses fetch a fortune at auctions now I didnt keep any of mine  :doh:

warwickshire uk
Website

I know....I know....it's just so annoying to think I just gave it all away...oh well...c'est la vie!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

<sigh>  I wish I were British.  I know BIBA from fashion history books.  You people are too cool.  And I like how you talk!

bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRARIE!!!! I watch that  show EVERY DAY...every single day . well, monday through friday.  It is on Fox at 1:00 pm CST then on the Hallmark channel at 2:00PM and 3:00 PM every weekday!  I have seen every episode umpteen times but I find it to be so full of good life lessons.  DON"T LAUGH!  It's true!  I grew up with Laura Ingalls.  We are the same age.

I still have a crush on Almonzo.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Daphne, I loved Air Supply and saw them in concert.  It was awesome.  My hubby was into Asia and has some records still.  I'll have to get them out and play them.   

Judi- I was a Little House fanatic too, but I was in love with Michael Landon.  He was such a warm , loving person on the show at least.  Always made me cry.   Almonzo was pretty cute too ! 

Oh, I remember HR PUFF N STUFF too.  Roxanne is right the writer must have been smoking something, that was a weird show.

Todmorden West Yorkshire

poor Jack Wild who strarred in it cant speek now after having throat caner. I saw him on the stage in London in Olliver he was so tallented

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Daphine, I still have an airsupply album somewhere.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Has anyone mentioned the BeeGees?  My girls looooved them.  Stayin' Alive - Stayin' Alive  uh uh uh uh  Stayin' Aliiiiiiiiivveee . . . . . . . . . .

Odessa, Tx

Oh Hey! I just remembered something..... BODY SUITS!   bear_rolleyes  member?!? They snapped together in the crotch.... We wore them with the hip hugger pants that had the elephant bells! Wow, I haven't said that word in long time!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yeah . . . I was still young enough then to wear those things myself!

Odessa, Tx

Oh I loved the BEE GEES. Especially brother Andy Gibb. It was so sad when he died  bear_cry

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I can still see the Air Supply Album cover with the blue sky and colorful hot air balloons.................

Yup... I took tap/ballet/baton and had loads of body suits.

Sue Ann, I hate to say this but my parents listened to the BeeGees and us kids used to make so much fun of their music!  :redface:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

ok...here's a random sample of my family's essential tv  viewing in the 70s (and 80s) in new zealand.  we got tv from everywhere and half the time we were years behind so here goes....

US:  charlies angels, bj and the bear, eight is enough, the waltons, little house on the prairie, simon and simon (My big sister LOOOOOOVED the blonde Simon....I was about 6 and just did not understand the concept of having a crush!) Magnum PI, Flipper, the Muppets, CHIPS, Dukes of Hazard, Nightrider (eeeew The Hoff) The Greatest American Hero, and Family Ties (I had a crush on Alex...isn't that geekier than Gopher!!!!)

Uk: The Goodies, Metal Micky, Grange Hill, Minder, Allo Allo, Fawlty Towers, The Good Life, To the Manor born, Rainbow

and from Australia: THe Young Doctors (I thought Nurse Tanya was the most beautiful thing alive!!), Skippy, The Lost Islands, Secret Valley.

Now I have a question and I bet Penny can answer this one.  I remember this kid's show from the UK that would have dated to the mid to late 70s.  All I can remember was that the opening credits had the kid's playing hopscotch at one point.  There was an older sister, and a brother and then another sister.  I think something had happened to their parents but I don't know what.  All I can remember is that the kids were at home alone and they had to keep people from finding out.  What on earth is this program?

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Dr Who, PartridgeFamily, Aunty Jack Show, Goodies, Huff'n Puff, Young Talent Time, (and the theme song at the end is what pops into my head at times. annoying I can't remember the lyrics hahahah)
And ABBA were real big in Adelaide, we idolised them hahahahah.

dragster bikes, Tupperware skippy commerative breakfast set collection. (got it for my 10th birthday) That cartoon with the dog named shaggy  are yes Josie and the pussycats. Lioness cut and the page Boy hair cuts, and everyone over here wanted their hair cut like Farrah Fawcet.hahahahahahahahah      Matilda hahahahahah :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
melissa wrote:

ok...here's a random sample of my family's essential tv  viewing in the 70s (and 80s) in new zealand.  we got tv from everywhere and half the time we were years behind so here goes....

US:  charlies angels, bj and the bear, eight is enough, the waltons, little house on the prairie, simon and simon (My big sister LOOOOOOVED the blonde Simon....I was about 6 and just did not understand the concept of having a crush!) Magnum PI, Flipper, the Muppets, CHIPS, Dukes of Hazard, Nightrider (eeeew The Hoff) The Greatest American Hero, and Family Ties (I had a crush on Alex...isn't that geekier than Gopher!!!!)

I remember all of those shows very well. My mom had a thing for Magnum... Tom Selleck. And personally, I think Alex is better than Gopher! I loved Eight is Enough! Maybe because I was on only child? I want a car like Nightrider!!!! I could be making bears while flying down the highway and I think it would be so cool to drive into the back of an 18 wheeler trailer at 80 miles an hour for a tune up!

What about Captain Kangaroo and Zoom you guys? I still remember the mailing address to Zoom cause they sang it all the time. "Box 350, Boston, Mass 02134.... Send it to Zoom!" I think Zoom is still on. "Come on and Zoom-a-zoom-a-zoom............" OK, I'm done!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
kathytaylor wrote:

Was the Vogart painted craze thing big in the UK/US.  It was like paint in metal tubes that you painted onto tshirts.  My aunt made me a blue one with a soda glass on it - that very 70s image with the glass, straw, bubbles and strawberries.  I thought it was so American and so cool

YeaH, I painted the guy from Mad Magazine ( remember that) on one of my dad's shirts. My granmother had tons of that stuff.

couldn't get the quote to work right!

We had this stuff in Aust we called it   'Hobby Tex'  My mother and myself went crazy with that stuff. I loved it.

Matilda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

One more... Davey & Goliath.... claymation at it's best!!!! "God wouldn't like that, Davey!" says Goliath
davey_goliath_bkgd_church_small.jpg
I just looked it up on the internet and the new improved version is still on! I can't believe I didn't know! I'm going to start watching it again! Such awesome messages of friendship and faith and 'doing the right thing' in that show! Ahh... the good ol' days!
Snowboard-Index.jpg

Board footer