Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
karenaus Melbourne
Website
Us Bears wrote:

I understand the sentiment.  While everybody has the right to their own beliefs, it's not what I believe.  Let's leave it at that.

If we want to talk about the ethics of using fur, we can do that in another message thread.  Let's let this one be about how somebody got stinky, rotten fur from somebody on eBay.

Um well..... wow... I was not criticising you nor lecturing you on ethics, least of all trying to divert the conversation any more than you did. I was just saying that while it sounded like a good idea, a lot of artists and collectors would have a problem with it.
     Nowhere did I offer my own personal opinion, Nor criticise yours. Now as you wish back to the scheduled conversation bear_noexpression

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Oh um quick back to the original subject lol.  Uhmmmm ummm......... I am still waiting on a refund.... bear_whistle

Funny point the seller would never tell me a shipping total & just kept saying it was over $100 even when I asked very nicely form the total in shipping so I could know if I could afford return shipping (before e-bay paid for it)
After packing the box up and weighing it, I checked on shipping just to see.  It would have been $48 with the shipping method they used or $67 with UPS. So how is that over $100? Lol so more lies bear_sad

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Karen,

No worries here.  No harm, no foul.  bear_happy

karenaus Melbourne
Website
enchantmentsart wrote:

Oh um quick back to the original subject lol.  Uhmmmm ummm......... I am still waiting on a refund.... bear_whistle

Funny point the seller would never tell me a shipping total & just kept saying it was over $100 even when I asked very nicely form the total in shipping so I could know if I could afford return shipping (before e-bay paid for it)
After packing the box up and weighing it, I checked on shipping just to see.  It would have been $48 with the shipping method they used or $67 with UPS. So how is that over $100? Lol so more lies :(

Ugh, what a shady seller... So you already paid for return shipping in a way... I found their comment about how much money you could make off their lot highly amusing too, I wonder if they realise the cost of the mohair, or the time that goes into it. I'd say not.
    I hope you're thinking up a good feedback to leave them! bear_happy

karenaus Melbourne
Website
Us Bears wrote:

Karen,

No worries here.  No harm, no foul.  ;)

Serves me right for being here when I have a show to get ready for. I'll certainly be a lot more careful what I reply to in future.  bear_ermm

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX
karenaus wrote:
enchantmentsart wrote:

After packing the box up and weighing it, I checked on shipping just to see.  It would have been $48 with the shipping method they used or $67 with UPS. So how is that over $100? Lol so more lies :(

Ugh, what a shady seller... So you already paid for return shipping in a way... I found their comment about how much money you could make off their lot highly amusing too, I wonder if they realise the cost of the mohair, or the time that goes into it. I'd say not.
    I hope you're thinking up a good feedback to leave them! ;)

Yeah I think they saw that some of it was mohair & thought oh that stuffs pricey so this must be worth a lot. In reality there was maybe (if it was clean, not smelly and bug free) about $20 to $40 of mohair in the lot. Most of it was scraps or in such bad shape it would have been unusable. There was a hand written price tag on one piece for $245.45. Which is an odd amount anyway and for less than  a quarter yard of mohair, that can't be right lol

Pages:

Board footer