Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Everyone,
                     A bit disappointed this week as I only lost a pound. However, I suppose its a pound off instead of one on so to speak. I will need to try really hard this week and see if I can get a better loss next week.  Hope everyone has a good week.   Hugs Rita xxx

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hang in there Rita. I lost 5 stone and have managed to keep it off for 7 years. I can't remember what I lost in one week in January all them years ago, the point being its the long term goal, not your weekly weight loss. Still does your head in, I know, but keep going! :hug:  A pound less to hug!

Ayrshire, Scotland.

That was without Chocolate and no biscuits .I have lots of fruit and vegatables,I also bought some Lemon and Ginger Tea which is very nice and you do not need to have a biscuit with it either.  Maybe next week EH, hopefully.  Hugs Rita xx

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Don't get discouraged ladies.

The hubs didn't do well....probably because he ate the candy out of the heart box that I got for my teddy bear

Hes not getting sympathy from me!  And then he complained that it wasn't very good! hA!  SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL WAX......

you can do it!!!

Rita hows the Yoga going?

I am starting to get my balance back>  bear_original

hugs

dilu

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

How can you not like Cadbury??  bear_wub  Ha! Dilu, tell him if he didn't like it, he shouldn't have snarfed the lot  bear_grin

Rita I know exactly what you mean.  The first week, I was oh so good about my eating, and I was exercising atop that...hopped on the scales and I hadn't lost anything!  Well, it did say 1% body fat...but talk about gutted.  At least you've lost the pound. 

Keep your chin up!   :hug: Its not a footrace, and I'm sure we'll all be much healthier if we just keep it up  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Way to go,   :clap:

Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Dilu,
              This is my second week of doing Yoga ,but its taking me ages to get fit, some of the excercises are quite difficult for an old chick like me, its a beginners DVD ,but I am so unfit, hopefully it will pay off eventually.  Give Hubs a Smacked handie and Good Luck to everyone .Thats 3 lbs in 2 weeks, I feel a wee bit disappointed.  Hugs Rita xx

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Good for you, Rita!!  Remember a pound a week translates into four pounds a month!!!  When you look at it that way it really does make a difference.  Also, if you think of the pounds as something tangible.....say like large potatoes.....it seems more real than a mark on the scale.  You can say, "I've lost a large potato this week!!"  I know that sounds kind of cornball, but really, a large potato is pretty big.  I think all you girls are doing magnificently!!  :clap:

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I started eating like the Body for Life on Jan 1st,
and working out with weights 4 times a week and I have lost
5 pounds.  Drinking a ton of water, and that really helps to
pull weight off, so dont' forget tons of water!! Its a great program
if anyone has not tried it.

www.bodyforlife.com

The before and after pics are amazing! Thats what I'm wanting
to do is lose the fat and gain muscle.

I quit smoking 5 yrs ago and I had put on 20 pounds so
I'm still trying to get about the last 10 off. And you know how it is , once
you hit your 40's it does not come off as easy. So I'm going
to stick with it.

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Hey, don't worry about losing a pound, I did that last week and was devastated, but I lost 2 pounds this week so keep your chin up bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Way to go, Tami. I've heard good things about that diet.

I lost 2 pounds last week.  :dance:
Exercised ZERO!  :doh:

Maybe this week will be better? Except I plan to do a lot of sewing this week... not much exercise in that! Sigh.....

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I lost 800grams which is about 1.7pounds.  I have to keep thinking to myself I did not get this big in 1 week I will not get thin in a week.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Well done Rita :dance:  :dance:
Remember anything that has a good foundation starts in little chunks
so little chunks of weight loss towards your goal MUST be good!!
I think you are doing Great!! bear_thumb
Keep up the good work :hug:  :hug:
Anne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Rita . . . you're right . . . it's a pound OFF, not ON.  I lost 2 pounds, but didn't do very well with my exercising.  I really need to work on that.  You're on a roll . . . just keep losing and if it's only 1 pound a week, just think - next year at this time, you'll be 52 pounds lighter!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I am still sticking with it. Two pounds a week for two weeks. I am excercising regular however not strenously. Want to get in shape, not kill myself. though I can still feel it.  :dance:
To all of you  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:
Good job and Keep up the good work. If you think one pound isn't much, go get some lard and look how much one pound of fat is really. Keep on working. bear_original
HUgs,
Kathy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Rita, what is the most important is that you LOST this pound. If your weight keeps decreasing isn't it a bit of a victory? As long as your wieght is not going bacp up, that is still a victory!
So keep going! You are on the right way! And maybe if you don't loose too much weight a week, maybe your body will accept better the changes!!!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

beary hugs,
Sophie.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Good onya girls, slow going with me too. My weight has hardly moved. But I keep trying.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, I didn't even weigh myself this week. I know I've been eating better and that's an achievement.  Great job, everyone!

And I'm doing good with the cigarettes. Or should I say without the cigarettes! I'm cheating and using the nicotine patches. It's a step-down system. Anyway, wearing these patches are making me have some really weird dreams. I read in the little booklet that came with the patches that you may have vivid dreams. I must say, I'm gonna miss my dreams when I stop using the patches!

Board footer