Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance: Gorgeous pics!!!  :dance:   Thanks so much for sharing with us  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful, beautiful . . . I want to see it all in person!!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Lisa, unfortunately I didn't get to the opening ceremony, it was something that I wasn't particularly interested in going to until I saw it on TV.  Now I regret it, the organisers did a fantastic job. 

Yes the images speak for themselves.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Great pictures!  I really want to go to Australia.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

normal_P3290549.jpg

nsw_wagga.gif

A picture of our beach!! and my location Wagga Wagga.

I love living in the country, I used to live in Sydney but moved here 5 years ago.  Country people are just the nicest, laid back people I have ever met.  I am on 5 acres which gives my kids plenty of room to run around.  As for the snakes, they seem to be prevalent around here, but I have only run into about three in all that time.  As for the sharks, well the only thing in our river are fish and eels.

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Where I live (just west of Brisbane) we are top of a dead volcaneo. It gets really cold in the winter (for Australia). To get to Brisbane and all the south east towns, we have to travel down a really steep cliff called "The Range". It is really dangerous because of all the big trucks cause they go very slow as it's the only way up and down. We have no bear shops.  bear_cry

staticbear76 Posts: 222

in australia how is the tv and radio reception a friend online told me it was super staticy and ghosting tv static and im going ooooo cool and she told me about her watching dot and the kangaroo and skippy adventures in bushtown she told me the sound was staticy but the picture was fine and i saw some internet pics of skippy bushtown and i fell in love i hope they get it on dvd here and my mums dvd player plays both ntsc and pal formats and im so happy that it does i hope you dont think im weird for liking the sound of static but it really relaxes me and makes some of the tv shows so much more enjoyable like cartoon shows and stuff but i do like clear stuff too im an all around person but just love that staticy sound when it is clear and staticy or ghsting a little bit.

im sorry if i do sound weird but some of the happiest times in my life involves static like when i got my arguile koala the guy was playing some real staticy big band music on his radio so i associate that staticy music with that bear and with another bear i got he has some shiny leather on his feet like ty the tasmanian tiger a honey bear that some people made years ago my friend gave him to me and im so happy and the bunny i once had as a toddeler i told daphne i used to ahve she had leather feet very wrinkly i hugged her and held her everyday and sat in front of the radio with her often it was pretty staticy i didn't mind it one bit i had my bear and bunny and other stuffed friends around me i enjoyed it a lot so now when i do hear something staticy i remember that cute bunny she was bigger than me for a while but i got big around 5 years or 6 years old when we moved i was so sad i lost her i think she was stolen so that is why i like static and yes im a guy im 31 and i do love bears and cant wait to start making m own one day and this is the truth.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I've been watching a couple of 'visit Australia' commercials on tv lately that are really cute. They show different scenes in Australia and then say "Where the hell are you".
sigh...maybe someday.

Marion

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What a great topic! I've never been to Australia but would love to visit some time...Tasmania and New Zealand, too.

The water really goes down the drain in the reverse of ours?

I love the look of your beaches and ocean water being so clear. I would have a hard time in the heat, but it's probably similar to our desert...your 40 C is equal to our 104 F and our hottest temp since we've lived in the desert was 130 F, but I would love living south where it's colder.

We are a town settled by Californians, so much of our street names and buildings are the same/similar as there. it was a hoot driving in california and seeing street names the same as ours! 
We get incredibly hot summers here, often in the mid 40c, because we are essentially a town surrounded by dessert. But i love the heat!

Very interesting about Californians settling your town and the similar street names.

I've often thought that it would be wonderful if we could hear everyone's voice in their postings...what a wide range of accents and phrases.

This is great reading...keep posting and sharing pictures, please.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Here is a link to the Blue Mountains this is the area that we live in. http://www.bluemts.com.au/   http://www.infobluemountains.net.au/

Dilu Posts: 8,574

awww you guys....my dearest friend in the world lives in NZ.....Id go in a heart beat if I could.  i love the attitude and openenss and independence that the folks from that part of the world....I actually think they are more independaNT than Americans...
Welcome Staticbear.  Happy to have you join.

Be sure you take a gander at  the rules.....and always remember we live for [pictures.

dilu

teeeej Brisbane
Marlys wrote:

The water really goes down the drain in the reverse of ours?

Yep. Sure does!!!

Well I was born in northern New South Wales in Moree - surrounded by farms, farms and yes more farms. Having cattle trucks going down the main street was normal when I was growing up. Moree is a BIG cotton growing district as well. I lived in Sydney for 12 months when I started University - I loved Sydney. And have been living in Brisbane, QLD for the last 10 years. Brisbane is hot and humid in summer - I hate the humidity!!!! Now I have to put up with the QLD-NSW rivalry. GO THE BLUES!!!

you all are the sweetest people in the world im so honored to hear from such wonderful people ssuch as you one day me and my family will be down there it would be such an honor thank you all so much you are the greatest.

im doing some pictures now i just have to wait the snow out and get them developed when we go into town and i hope everyone likes them my sis might help me find the stuff i need to start on my first bear i hope thank you all so much.

hi teeeej the golden bear on the front he looks so familiar by any chance he has shiny leather on the soles of his feet he reminds me of a bear i saw at a shop about18 years ago but he was black with curly fuzzy fur brown muzzle about his size and had black shiny super wrinkly soles of his bear feets i drew a sketch of him that ill scan tomorrow and show all of you thank you so much for everything i love that bear.

Board footer