Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, I'm so glad you're feelin better about it and that he's making it up to you!  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

See he's not so bad! And he came up with something lovely too!! bear_wub  :hug:
Good For you!!!!!
Kathy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic, Estelle, I'm proud of him!  Have a great time!

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi, It must be a man thing. We are still married after 48years,and he still forgets. But he has lots of patience with me ,so I would not worry too about about it.  Happy Anniversary Rita xxxx

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwwwwhhhhhh!!!  What a sweetie to make up for it!   bear_rolleyes  Have fun on your weekend!!!  :bday:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Rats !...My husband use to forget all the time ..birthdays, anniversarys etc...so I got a huge calender and mark everything on there.... then highlight the events in yellow...so when ever he goes to the calender to see whats going on for the  month he cannot miss these special days...
OK..do you think that works ? NO...He knows the event but fails to do anything about it...now, thats really unacceptable to me...but some men just don't feel the same way about these events the way we may...with a heart.

IT does really bother me..It hurts....I think a partner should celebrate their spouses being brought into the world as a blessing to them...go figure. Some people are just plain unthankful...spoiled..self centered...don't care to care ? I have found that if they were raised that way then they usually stay that way...holidays are just not celebrated with any enthusiasm...The female runs around doing everything so the tradition will stay in the family.

Do you remember when you were first dating ? Did he remember then ? Probably...as it was in the forefront of his head to please you...lots of men need  emotional brain surgery , but not all. LOL 
I think you have to tell them ahead of time how much it means to you...and if it doesn't mean enough to him to care to  remember ...then perhaps he doesn't care about how it hurts you. I don't agree with letting anyone off of such important dates to remember...its not that hard to do it ..especially if its marked on the calender!
So what can you do to make up...for yourself ?  If I get  anything for OUR anniversary its out to eat..because thats what he wants to do...oddly if he did do anything for my birthday,..its out to eat. Give me a break ! Where are the gifts of love ? What did he do this year...a kiss and he said Happy Birthday.
Next time...before the day comes I will go figure out how I want to celebrate and make a point to get myself something and....go out to eat or to a movie !!!! 
Sorry. but glad this subject came up....I guess what we need to really do is to sit down and talk with our partners and tell them how much being forgotten hurts us and get an answer from them on what they plan to do about it...
Anyway..Happy 44th Anniversary..if I were you Id go kick him in the butt.....Winney

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Estelle did he remember by the end of the day? :pray:  :pray: I am so glad he did ..... I hadn't seen your post to say he had until after I had posted this  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: .............

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

I had to come back Estelle and see what the outcome was.  He did GOOD !!!
I know you are probably at the lake and not able to read these posts right now...but I am so glad you are having a wonderful time.  :hug:

nanc.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Happy Anniversary Estelle - Congratulations for  44 years of marriage!  bear_flower

So glad that your husband remembered and have a fabulous weekend away.

Hugs
Carolyn

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

That's great! I am so releived he remembered. I hope you will have a great time together!  bear_wub  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I-love-the-bath.JPGEstelle -
I am so happy for you. 44 years that is an accomplishment! BIG CONGRATS! :cake:  :bday:  :cake:
I try so hard to not forget days like these as they are important.
My best friend's little girl will be a year old next month. I have it marked down on my calander so I won't forget. That reminds me I need to get her a birthday card. I'd like to buy her something special, but this child lacks for nothing. She is the first grandbaby on either side. I think I might buy her a savings bond, that way when she is 31 she'll think of me. I don't know. She is my "other" niece. And she is a cutie too. She takes after her dad's side of the family.

One year mum completely forgot my birthday. but only once. If you asked her about it now she would deny it.
Then there was the year that I thought I was 23, but in reality I was 24, I felt cheated out of a whole year.

Anyway, my dad never remembers anything or at least he pretends he doesn't remember.

I am so glad that he has planned a weekend get away for you. I am sure that you will have a great time.
Eat some cake for me.

BIG CONGRATS! :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :bday:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:  :cake:

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

Oh what a beuatiful baby  that photo  is a lovely .
Thanks everyone tou all came up trumps (as I knew you wuold ) just when I needed a boost. All well that ends well  :dance: thanks it felt like I had a group  group hug  :hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Winney,

The trouble is, we wish men would think like women...and they don't...they think like men. It doesn't matter how many times we explain to them what stuff we love...it's hard for them to change their own thinking and understanding.

I LOVE aftershave, and if I smell a nice aftershave when walking down the street, I turn my head and check him out!  bear_wub My husband KNOWS how much I love a good smellin' man...but do you think he remembers to wear the aftershave I buy him.....nup! And then I get in trouble when my nose causes me to 'look' . bear_grin  bear_ermm

I have our anniversary engraved on my hubbies wedding ring too, so he hasn't forgotten....yet.
I'ts worth talking to him Winney, especially as it's something that hurts you...make him understand! Have you ever read the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"? Fantastic book, and sooo true!!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I am so glad he remembered Estelle. Garnet spent days in the dog house. I threw him a bone and a blanket from time to time, but like I say...if he forgets my 50th birthday this year he is dog meat!

Many Hugs Louise

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Estelle I'm so pleased that your husband remembered even if a little late.
I was married for ten days when my husband forgot my birthday. He suddenly remembered when he was having a shower just before bed and came running down the stairs with just a towel draped around his wet body. He shouted 'Jane it's your birthday! Then he went to put his arms around me and the towel dropped to the floor. I couldn't stop laughing....we celebrated my birthday the next day!

Jane  bear_thumb

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

My anniversary is this Tuesday. We were talking about it last week. We got married in Vegas exactly ten years to the day and hour that we met. I was saying it had gone quick, those 8 years married and 18 together, Mark reminded me it was 19! I'm 38 this year and its nice to celebrate these things, we are going away for a couple of days, but its the bits inbetween that count.
Have a lovely time in The Lakes, I'll be in Bath, it sounds like we both could get a bit wet!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

Have a great time I love Bath it si just so beuatiful (splish splash) I just hope it doesent rain  :dance:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I'm glad that your hubby got his brain into gear and remembered Estelle - i hope you have a lovely smoochy weekend away  :dance:

JARED - you sound absolutely perfect!  bear_wub  Actually NOT wanting to forget a birthday so much that you write it on a calender - i don't know any other man who does that, they usually ask their wives/girlfriends to remember it for them!
You deserve a medal for being so considerate but i'm sending you big hugs instead  :hug:

My partner knows that to forget a special occasion is to invite a sudden, quite possibly violent demise

bear_tongue

Penny x

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hayley,
    I have that  Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus book and you are right - it's totally accurate.  The author dubs men "Mr. Fixit" and women as "the home improvement committee" and I laughed when I read that - it's so true.  Definitely worth a read, cuz one you realize just how differently our thinking patterns are, it's a wonder we survive with them at all!

Hugs,

Brenda

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Men do process information differently then women do.
We all see the same things but understand them differently.
Me, I am just plain weird. LOL  bear_grin

Board footer