Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Lynn-Rogers-promo-2003-003s2.jpgAs some of you know, my full-time job is in educational publishing. I write textbooks and other materials for people all over the world who are learning English.

Anyway, my latest is an academic skills book, and the students will be comparing and contrasting two black-bear studies in the USA: One in NJ (old-fashioned trap-and-sedate research) and one in MN (you probably guessed which one :whistle:).

I've already sent Dr. Rogers the page I wrote, and he liked it, but it took some time for anyone to get back to me. My biggest concern was that we wouldn't be able to get a high-resolution photo at this busy time of year. But Dr. Rogers got back to our production person today, and we have our choice of several photos. :dance: Long story short - A few million more people will be learning about the Wildlife Research Institute and the true nature of black bears (at a low-intermediate language level ;)) .

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

That is so wonderful, and I know just what he is after, education.  What a sweet picture too.

Joanne

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

LOVE that picture of Dr. Rogers.  He is a wonder.  I am so nervous with hunting season starting.  I wish Hope would accept her color but she hates it.

HeidiBears florida

Beautiful bears!! and great work Becky!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Yayyyyy!  bear_original  That's great news, Becky.  bear_original

-- Thomas Adam

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

FANTASTIC, Becky . . . it's great that you can help Doc Rogers educate even MORE people about black bears!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks, everybody!  :hug: And Sue Ann - That was exactly my thought. I can only donate small amounts of money to the cause, but being in the field that I am, I had the chance to disseminate some information and help out in that way.

It's just been fun as well. After all, Dr. Rogers is the super-star of the bear world. bear_original

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Whoohoo, well done Becky!  I am sure it will raise awareness among the students and if even a small fraction of all these students take an interest in the bears, that would be a great result.  bear_thumb

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter, Vincent & Arthur

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

What a great way to 'spread the word'  bear_original

Board footer