Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Karon Posts: 751

Yep thats right - I will be a grandmother!

My daughter Emma is expecting.  I just hope and pray everything will go well for the baby as she has genetic issues- she has Treacher Collins Syndrome which means there is a 50/50 chance of the baby being affected.

Emma has the condition in its milder form but unfortunately it is not a very kind gene and the baby could have it mild, severely OR not at all.

Fingers crossed (as well as everything else!!!!).

Karon

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Congratulations to you both, Karon! bear_flower Hoping for lots of health and happiness.

Becky

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congrats to you and your family, Karon . . . that's wonderful!!

Dreli-Bears Dreli-Bears
Salzburg
Website

Oh Karon what wonderful news - you lucky granny soon - fingers crossed for all of you and well first of all for your little princess or prince - whatever God will send to you!!!!
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

Oh!! Congrads!!! Hope the best of the best is the outcome!!! :hug:

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Huge Cpngratulations, Karon !   :dance:  :dance:

We will be hoping and praying with you that the baby will be fine.  :pray:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Congrats on becoming a grandmother, its a fun thing because when they cry and carry on you give them back.  LOL.  Lets pray for a good outcome with that gene business.  Again, I wish you and your daughter and family the best of luck with that new baby.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Conni Germany

All best wishes to  your family!!!

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Congrats! Thats fantastic news!! I will keep fingers and toes crossed that everything goes perfectly!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Congrats granny!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Fantastic news Karon  bear_wub  Wishing all the best to Emma and the baby  bear_flower

cab123 Posts: 18

Congrats No feeling like seeing your first Grandchild  bear_wub

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

How exciting Karon, and how good that you're back in touch with Emma for this important time of life.  You didn't say when the baby's expected, but I hope everything goes well all the way through.

Happy Birthday for today (which will obviously be belated by the time you read this, but I hope you had a good day whether it was a work or play day)  Hope it's the start of a good year.

Have you started a baby quilt yet?

All Best Wishes

Margaret   :hug:

Karon Posts: 751

Hi All,

Thanks for the congratulations.

Yes Margaret I INTEND to do a quilt - but I wont say anything - that way I am not embarressed if I don't manage to do it. :crackup:

Emma is 14 weeks along at the moment.

It been a GOOD year this, this year!  Feeling well, got back in contact with Emma, gone through an image re-vamp (MUCH NEEDED), reduced my hours, appreciated at work  and now of course the baby - if I was a cat I guess I would be purring!

"Made friends" properly with my modern Bernina - discovered it is nothing to be scared of!

Going on a needle-felting course on 20/21st of October by a lady called Gilda Baron - look her up, her work is GORGEOUS!!!!  Not bear related, she does the most fabulous landscape.  I am also doing a soft doll course in November bear_original .

In February my work is moving to my home town of Wycombe and when it does I want to buy a young pug x (my rough collie Rupert died 18 months ago - he was 14). I am SO looking forward to that!!!!!  I have been day dreaming pugs ...  bear_whistle .  I want something SMALL and PORTABLE with a BIG dog attitude :crackup: .

Karon

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

congrats to you and your family

Board footer