Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Karon Posts: 751

Yes, isn't it great.

The UK government has banned the use of wild animals in circuses from 2015 with more closer supervision till that time.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Us Bears Pennsylvania

If we allow the government to make more laws, maybe they'll be able to solve all the world's problems some day!

Lyn Parker Bears

That's Great!! Hopefully other Nations will follow although I have to admit most here don't have them any more. I have had my own protest going for years, my children were never allowed to go to a Circus that kept wild animals. It was explained to them why and now they will not take their kids to them my hope was that if people didn't attend because of the animals it would be encourage them not to keep them.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Why would you want to go and see animals being abused in the name of  human "entertainment" anyway?  Especially when we have such wonderful acts as Circus Oz and Cirque du Soleil for our entertainment. the talent displayed by these people is amazing, there is absolutely no need for the inclusion of animals (in particular wild ones)

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Now that's more like the way I think it should be.  If you don't like something, don't spend money on things that promote it.

For instance, if you don't like alcohol, don't buy any and don't patronize places that sell it.
If you don't like the way circuses treat animals, don't go to them and don't spend money at places like that.  I support this 100%

What bugs me is that governments think that they should legislate morality and regulate people's behavior.

Do you know that the city of Los Angeles passed an ordinance making it illegal for street vendors to put bacon on a hot dog?
Okay, frankly, it sounds gross to me.  I would never order a hot dog with bacon but, what the heck?  Some people obviously like it.

It really crumbles my cookies to think that the city of Los Angeles , the state of California and the federal government can't pay their bills, they can't get their own affairs in order, much less get out of their own way yet they still see fit to tell people that they can't eat bacon.  The population doesn't even bat an eyelash!

I'm generally with you guys.  I find the way some circuses treat animals to be distasteful at best and truly upsetting at worst.  However, it's just as upsetting to hear that our governments are wasting their time making silly laws about circuses when they have more important work to do.

Shouldn't we be holding our legislators' feet to the fire a little bit more?

Board footer