Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Right, Jane.  When you find the head it may have a whole new twist on 'distressed', eh?

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

LOL Laura...kitty distressed fur ball....doggie distressed slobber ball...Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I took some photos of my studio today for the "Workstation" thread, and happened to be working on a bear at the time... so I thought I'd add a picture of my bear-head "stand" as we discussed it a few days ago; it's a canning jar!

Please excuse the desktop clutter; I was mid-paint-job when I stopped to shoot a few snaps.

shelli_head_on_jar.jpg

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

What a clever idea!  But gee, put some ears on the bear!!  They never look right until they have their ears!  Looks like it's going to be a stunning bear Shelli!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

My mom says they look like seals before their ears get attached.  I can kinda see that...

Thanks for the compliments on my newest bruin.  This bear will be Willy Wonka, for my TBAI piece based on the children's book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory  The piece in its entirety is a donation, with all proceeds going to endangered species.  Check the finished piece out -- or, better yet, adopt it and take it home -- at the TBAI show in Binghamton, New York, later this fall!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shelli, your desk doesn't look cluttered, my dear.  I suppose you've looked at my work table??  Now THAT'S clutter!!  Your piece for the TBAI looks like it will be very special!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wonderful Shelli! I love this bear you are working on. Also may I add that your office looks so wonderfully organized. Our work area (the master Bath) for the Potty Bears is actually not that bad except because of the limited space we have to move containers galor before getting into what we need.

1g.jpg

Hugs Louise and Garnet

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Louise, you have yellow walls, just like me!  Unlike me, tho, you have a helper with "hands;"  all my "helpers" have paws (and four of them, at that!) instead. 

Lucky you...! ;)

PS  Stop calling them POTTY BEARS!  They are too cute for that misnomer!

Tofield Alberta Canada

Thank you Hon! You always know how to makeme feel better. Thank you Shelli!

Hugs Louise

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I showed my husband (Bob) the pic of Garnet sewing, and told him that was a very GOOD husband sewing... :D
I hope he got the hint!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

OOOOOOOOOOOH! Louise can I borrow Garnet I have some lovely curtain fabric to make up? He's an absolute star helping you with the sewing. Well done Garnet, it's a shame more guys can't be like you. I couldn't even get my husband to thread a needle and even if I threaded it for him he would just sit there and not know what to do with it.

Jane

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Shelli wrote:

PS  Stop calling them POTTY BEARS!  They are too cute for that misnomer!

Yes!! I agree!!!  But I think after your recent post about some bears that are going to new homes... you won't be calling them that anymore bear_laugh

Tofield Alberta Canada

Thank you guys. It's OK. I really did think it was a hoot!

Darcy tells me he is looking to buy a home so I might be getting my Bear room back.

Its our second bedroom and if I make em look a little [INVALID] I can call them bedroom bears. Or bears with bedroom eyes!!

I do have lots of clothing for sale for bears, however seldom dress the mohair bears. I have a cute and [INVALID] negligee for an 11"  bear in hot pink with black lace trim and slippers too cute!!!! Seriously! I do!

Hugs Louise

Board footer