Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

It's been a while since I've been around.  Hopefully everyone is doing well.  Finally got a moment to stop by and say hello to everyone.  I've had my hands full for the last year.  Last October we brought home a rescue, a 5 week old border collie X that we named Abbey.  Abbey is 75% border, the rest is lab and Sheppard.  We lovingly say she is 75% brillance 25% stupid enough to try everything she figures out.  She is a minick.  She's learned how to open and close doors.  Turn on the bathroom cold water tap if her water bowl is empty.  Yes she knows the difference between hot and cold taps. She has even learned how to stand on her head from watching a little kid around the building do it.  All of this plus more she had learned by the age of 6 months.  Then she starting try to play with our holland lop bunny.  They would both be out together and she'd bring him her toys, then she would try to herd him and next thing you know...bunny is kicking Abbey in the face.  My husband and I figured it was only a matter of time till that went really wrong.  Either Abbey was going to have a broken jaw or there would be no more bunny. So we did want any non sane border collie owner would do and brought home another border. Abbey had just turned 8 months old and we thought bringing 7 week old Gwynnevere into the home was a wonderful idea.  I know a lot of multi border homes, while, I should say we've gotten to know a bunch, and most of those owners think we are nuts.  We've been told it's one thing to have an older dog, but 2 puppies of different ages in the home together, when they are that smart.  It's been fun.  Gywnnevere is now 7 months old and I feel like I'm just starting to gain some sense of order in my life again.  I've patched up all the walls, Gwynn had a bad teething moment and decided that chewing through the wall was a great idea and not a corner either she just shoved her little face against the wall and chewed her heart out.  Left a hole about 7 inches wide and 5 inches deep. And trying to find time to make bears just wasn't going to happen.
Everytime I'd start something would go crash. Even now after 30mins of quite I'm waiting to hear the bang that will bring things back into normal for the night.  My poor neighbours downstairs.  It's a good thing they are dog people.

So anyway looks like I'll be able to stop by more often again.  I have pictures of the girls but haven't taken them off my camera yet.  When I do I will post them.

So what has everyone been up to?

Amber

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my . . . I knew border collies were smart, but your Abbey takes the cake!  I can see why you haven't had time to do anything else but tend to the pups!  Welcome back and I look forward to seeing pics of your babies.

Board footer