Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

tommie1857 Posts: 29

My name is Thomas. I have always loved stuffed animals. I have many at home. They are all new cheap ones made in China. I want to collect some bears that are special. I have a bear that is special to me. I got him at the Barbra Streisand Concert. Very cute. I will post a picture so you can all see him.  I found a bear at an Antique mall in New Buffalo, IL. last weekend.  I posted a picture in the collectible section. Take a look. Becky was nice enough to tell me it was a homemade bear. He's really cute. He also makes a cute sound. I look forward to meeting other Bear folks on this great website.  bear_laugh

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

Nice to meet you Thomas!

Thanks. It's nice to meet you as well. bear_thumb

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Hi Thomas!  Glad you found us here on TT!  Are you strictly a collector or do you plan to someday create bears of your own?

Just a Collector. I'm new at getting into the really nice bears. Like I said I have some bears but they are not high quality. bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Thomas . . . we're very glad to have you as a member!  We have several collectors who don't make bears themselves so make yourself at home.  We value the opinions of 'just' collectors, so let us know what you think.

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

welcome bear_original

Kelly1976 kellys bears
newcastle upon tyne

Hi Thomas  bear_original  I'm also a collector of bears and have quite a few from all walks of life bear_grin I love your new bargain bear he is ultra cute x Kelly x

Betty betty-ours
moulineaux normandie
Website

bear_flower Also from me a cordial welcome bear_flower
bearly hugs
Betty

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Thomas! It's already been fun to see your one-of-a-kind find, so I look forward to seeing any of your collection that you feel like sharing. Whether it's new or old, high quality or mass-produced, if you think it's cute, that's all that matters!

Becky

Teddybear Posts: 97

Hey Thomas, welcome bear_original Good to see you here. Im pretty new here myself but found out already this is an awesome place with very friendly and helpful people. It's also good to see a few more male teddy lovers show up bear_original And wether your bears are expensive or cheap doesnt matter one bit. Looking forward to see your bears later on if you wanna share. I still need to make some pics of a few I have. Again, welcome bear_original

John

Teddybear Posts: 97
dangerbears wrote:

Whether it's new or old, high quality or mass-produced, if you think it's cute, that's all that matters!

Becky

I like that sentence a lot. Couldnt be more true ! bear_original

1372207902_barbra_bear.jpg1372207953_rabbits.jpg
This is my Barbra Bear. I got her when I went to the Concert Barbra Streisand gave here in Chicago. I love her Tee Shirt. The 2 bunnies I bought myself at Easter. My Mom used to give me a Bunny every year until she passed away 2 years ago. Now on Easter I buy one for myself. In memory of her, and to keep up the tradition.   :love:
Is this the right place to be showing these pictures? Is there another place in the index I'm suppose to post these?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Wow - Lucky you hearing Streisand perform! And I love that the bunny tradition lives on. (My own collection started in 2005 with a bunny that I bought for myself...)

Posting pics here is fine, or you can start a new thread in the Collector's Corner, too.

Becky

Thanks Becky.  bear_flower

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Wow - nice Barbra Bear!  I love the bunnies and especially the sentiment behind them.  Good for you!!!!!

Thanks Thelma,

I'm glad I have those Bunnies around to remember Mom by.  :rose:
Tommie

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Thomas and welcome to TT!  :rose:

I think it was a wonderful thought of your mom to give you a bunny every year and I am glad you are continuing the tradition in honour of your mom.  bear_thumb
It's great to have teddy bears to remind you of special occasions (like the Barbara Streisand concert).  Whenever I travel (not as much as I used to) I always bring back a bear from the place I visited.  This is my "Shakesbear" from a visit to Stratford-upon-Avon.

1372331024_shakesbear_tt02.jpg

It's nice to hear from another (male) teddy bear lover.  bear_thumb

What a Nice Bear he is. You must feel lucky to have him in your family.  :thumbsup:
Tommie

Board footer