Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Us Bears Pennsylvania
peterbear wrote:

Am I too bold in assuming that this might be the start of brand new hug (maybe a little more modest in size)?

I think I am going to stay with three, for now.
Isn't three a good number for Bears?  ;)

I think the "Pudge" Bears might like to pose for some pictures but that will have to wait until I get settled and have time to unpack the darkroom.

I'll make sure I post pictures.  bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Us Bears wrote:

I think I am going to stay with three, for now.

I'm glad you added "for now". bear_whistle

Us Bears wrote:

Isn't three a good number for Bears?  ;)

Three is a very good number, but so is 55, 127, 566 or 1000 for that matter. bear_laugh

Us Bears wrote:

I think the "Pudge" Bears might like to pose for some pictures but that will have to wait until I get settled and have time to unpack the darkroom.

How do you unpack a room? bear_laugh

Us Bears wrote:

I'll make sure I post pictures.  :)

I will be looking forward to it!  :teddybear:

I hope you won't mind that I share one of my favourite pictures of Pudge here on TT bear_wub :

1387983363_pudge.jpg

Us Bears Pennsylvania

That's Big Pudge at the New River Gorge welcome center.
We just returned from our journey to the bottom of the gorge.  He decided he needed a rest.
I'm glad you like the picture.  Thanks!  :)

How do you pack a whole room?
It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.

Everything I own has been packed into 18 inch cubic boxes.  As of today, most of it is still in boxes.  I have only unpacked the things I need to live.  Everything else is still packed up.  Whenever I open a box and unpack what's inside, it suddenly gets bigger.

What once filled a whole room, now fills a couple of boxes.  When those boxes are unpacked, the things inside seem to take up more space than they did when I put them in the box!

It sounds strange but, yes, it does seem like I can unpack a room!  bear_happy

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

There is life after divorce with or without the things that you have learned to depend on. The good thing about divorce is that you are free and clear to start again. Having been divorced 26 years ago and lived alone for 11 of them I know how hard it is to learn to live again and sometimes it's best to clear away some of the encumbrances and the things that were part of the problem. Even if they are teddies. I am glad that they have been allowed to stay but even if they are eventually split up it's way more important that you stay whole yourself....and fill that part of your life with positivity and the determination to build a new life.
Good luck to you...with or without the teddies....I think you have the resources to get through it...

nettie scotland
Website

I think you need to think more about yourself.Sell the bears and use the money to make your new home lovely.I am a bear artist and collector of vintage bears but much as I love them they are not alive and are replaceable.You need to focus on rebuilding your life and finding happiness again.Its easy to get hung up on the details.It would be a lot worse if you were trying to split up living pets.All the best.

Us Bears Pennsylvania
nettie wrote:

I think you need to think more about yourself.

Do you know how many people have been saying that to me?  ;)

Therapists, lawyers, clergy, friends, family and coworkers!
Just about everybody.

Do you know how long it has taken those words to sink in, through my thick skull?  ;)

Months!  Years, even!  It is only just starting to sink in and, I bet it hasn't completely soaked into my brain, yet.  ;)

Your encouragement is much appreciated.  :)
I'll do my best.

Board footer