Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

KTstargazer St. Louis

Hi, my name is Katie. I am currently a stay at home mom of 3 kids (and a husband bear_tongue ). I have always been a bear lover. I have quite the collection in my house, although for the most part my bears are all sentimental, and not of any real significance or importance to anyone but me. My family, knowing what a bear lover I am, recently passed down an early 1900s bear, originally owned by my great great "Uncle Duck". Unfortunately most of the story of this bear has been lost. As a result I have put myself on a little quest to find out more about my new friend. It has been very interesting to learn that there are whole bear loving communities like this one bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Katie, and welcome to Teddy Talk.  Some of our members are very knowledgeable about vintage bears and could possibly give you some information if you put up a photo.  Good luck with your quest.

KTstargazer St. Louis

I've had issues posting my pics. Apparently they are too big and I don't know how to make them smaller :/
I'm working on trying to figure it out lol

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Katie! bear_flower I'm eager to hear what Ken Yenke can tell you about your bear. He gave me some very interesting info about my dad's 1930s teddy and a couple of other older bears in my collection (http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=49624).

Many of the members here are bear artists, and others just like to collect. Either way, it's great fun to talk about teddy bears (when you're not looking after three children) bear_happy .

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
KTstargazer wrote:

I have quite the collection in my house, although for the most part my bears are all sentimental, and not of any real significance or importance to anyone but me.

The fact that the bears are significant and important to you gives makes them automatically VALUABLE! bear_smile

KTstargazer wrote:

My family, knowing what a bear lover I am, recently passed down an early 1900s bear, originally owned by my great great "Uncle Duck". Unfortunately most of the story of this bear has been lost. As a result I have put myself on a little quest to find out more about my new friend.

Good luck with your quest; it will be very exciting to find out more about the bear, especially such an old one.  I would love to see a picture of him.

As far as your question about posting pictures is concerned: if you have any photo editing program, you can easily reduce the size of the image.  E.g. in photoshop you click on "Image" -> "Image Size" and then you can reduce the size of your picture. 

Oh and by the way: Welcome to TT!   bear_flower  bear_flower

fluffpuff Posts: 20

Welcome Katie, hope you enjoy it here

Board footer