Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bunny--baskets-5.JPGAndrea-1.JPGPoor-Peter-1.JPGJust noticed this post on my way to bed - I'm exhausted.  I've posted a few bunnies from last year and if I don't get some time, I won't have any time to make them this year.   I love looking at everyones bunbuns - they're all wonderful!

Hugs,

Brenda

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

What wonderful bunnies!  bear_wub  bear_wub I love bunnies and want to make one for Easter. I'm working on a pattern but there are so many things eating into my time lately that it may be Halloween before I get it done! bear_laugh   bear_rolleyes

Thanks Bonnie, for the kind words - I think I need them right now! LOL  Night night.

Brenda

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Jacquie-2.jpgDaisy-10-mink-2.jpegDaisy-2.jpgBlossom-1-2.jpegI love bunnies! Here are some that I have made. Blossom is 3 1/2", Daisy is about 15" Flora is 12" and Jacquie is about 25" tall. I made Jacquie about 7 or 8 years ago from a pattern that I found in a book, but she is still one of my favorites.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

More great bunnies Terrie! The're adorable. bear_wub

Brenda wrote:

Thanks Bonnie, for the kind words - I think I need them right now!

Brenda,
:hug:  I know you must be worn out from packing and getting your house ready to list! Packing and moving is such a huge chore, it makes me tired just thinking about it. I you get some rest and don't forget to take a little 'me' time now and then! :hug:

beary big hugs,
Bonnie

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

basket.jpgdoubles.jpgHere're my felt fribbles from awhile back  Have to get going on some for this Easter!

Amelia

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Bunnies4.JPGWell, I guess I've made these bunnies.................

Do they count?? LOL

They're not soft, they are actually just polymer clay.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_thumb This is exactly the inspiration I needed to get going! bear_original

Wonderful wonderful bunnies, everyone! bear_wub

Eiileen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

They certainly do count Heather. Wowza Wowza Wowza Magnificent!!!!!!!
I dont have any pics of my bunnies. And now they are scattered. Thank goodness. There is no way I would put them up against such magnificent creations.  and no I'm not putting myself down. It's just that it has been years since I did a rabbit.
Maybe next year. We'll see.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: to all you talented people!!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Amelia, your bunny basket is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wow, what a fantastic assortment of bunnies!  All of them...so unique and gorgeous.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh my, so many bunnies! I've never made a bunny, but I just might have to try one soon after seeing all of these wonderful creations!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_tongue If I ever manage to make a bun as cute as Leo, there's no way I'm parting with it!!!!  bear_wub

bear_wub Keep 'em coming gals....I just love the Awwwwwhhhhh factor on these bunnies!  bear_wub

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

evahatt.JPGThis was my Bunny that got nominated in 1999 British Bear awards. She is called Hattie, and is 23" Tall.     Hugs Rita xxx

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Beautiful bunnies everyone!!!  It looks to be a very hop, hop, hoppy spring!! bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bunnies-to-2006.jpgI've only made two bunnies; LILAC and SNUGGLE BUNNY.  They were surprisingly popular, but getting their proportions right really befuddles me.  I guess I should practice more!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

How fabulous to see all these rabbits!  So many different styles and interpretations!  I love them all!   bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Heather - those polymer bunnies are sooo cute!  You are so multi talented - needlefelting, polymer sculpting and sewn bears.  I can neither needlefelt or sculpt so hats off to you!!  I like your little lying down one!

Brenda, I always associate you with bunnies!!  The very first bear magazine I ever bought had an article about you in it - and there was the cutest little bunny pull toy, and a duck too.  I think I'd made one bear then and I was so in awe of someone who could created such tiny detailed animals (still am!!).

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Ah I just finished a bunny! I am gonna list him
on ebay Sunday night but here he is  bear_grin

106973844_97a76f89f2.jpg?v=0

106973847_70da496fc3.jpg?v=0

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, just too, too cute!  I love his "dirty" little paws and feet!  Very nice!

It's so cool to see everyone's interpretations of a bunny - they are all wonderful.  I so love bunnies - there is something magical about them.  Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny were favourites of mine as a child.   

Melissa, that article was such a loooong time ago - I'm amazed you remember - I still make the toys occasionally.  I don't keep many of my things but I did save a larger toy hopping bunny and I have a tiny Wee Scone seated on his back.  I love Dianes bears and together with my bunny, it's one of my favourite pieces.  Unfortunately, it's packed and I can't take a picture to post.

Shelli, your bunnies look snuggle-ishous and soft  - very sweet.  Kim, I could add your little "waif-like" bunny to my collection with no difficulty at all!  He's really cute and I like him "naked" LOL!

Well done, everyone!

Hugs,

Brenda

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Such beautiful bunnies , i am also working on a bunny right now hopefully he or she will be about 2.5"

Hugs
Vicki

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

LilyTobyWeb.jpgbear_original Me too, Aleta--these piccies are not to be resisted. Thanks for starting this thread, Judi!

So far I've managed to sketch a head design, huzza!

My two bunnies, Lily and Toby, are getting a bit tired of being poked and prodded. They're hiding. The eyes in the pic are evil-looking, but I can't seem to fix them!

Eileen

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I smiled, giggled and 'awwww'ed my way through this entire thread. So many gorgeous buns here!  So...I'm just going to have to make a bun.  bear_wub  Now, something I'm wondering all you bunny pros.....is a bunny head basically made just the same as a bear but with long ears?? Hmmm.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

r_rabb2.jpgbear_original Hayley,

Speaking as a pro bunny-owner, not a pro bunny maker, the answer is no.

A rabbit has no 'dip' between head and muzzle. It's a smooth convex curve.

Rabbit eyes are set so that they can see sideways and above--to spot predators! Their forward vision is not good at all . . . my bunnies are always running to greet me and crashing into my ankes!

Their hind legs are very, very powerful, compared to their forelegs, which are quite delicate.Although they spend most of their time with legs tucked up and bent, looking chubby and cuddly, when they really need to run even fat little bunnies can really stretch out into long, lean speed machines.

How to make one, I don't know yet. I'm at the early stages!

Eileen

Board footer