Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

JennyNelson Posts: 1

Hi All,

Im new to the site, and have found it very interesting.... Im hoping you can help, im looking for "larger" teddy bear patterns, about 46cm in length, does anyone know where I can find them? also im looking at weighting it, what works well to weight and is safe for children, ...... would you advise to weight just in the tummy area?
Thanks so much Jenny

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome to the forum, Jenny!  bear_flower
Where to find patterns depends somewhat on which part of the world you live in. That's because of postage costs. (I'm assuming you're NOT in the US since you didn't say 17 or 18 inches  bear_laugh )
As far as weighting, I'd suggest using the search function on this site to find older discussions on the topic (probably limit your search to the Tips and Techniques section.) People use a variety of materials, and many weight the paws as well as the tummy--depending on the size of the bear and the characteristics of the weighting material.
Becky

Logibears Posts: 12

Hi

Not sure where you are based but in the UK to make bears to sell for children is very difficult as the have to conform to very rigorous safety standards. I looked into last year as I was asked to make a bear for a child but I have been told that even if you buy safety eyes, they are no longer guaranteed as safety eyes once you fit them as you could damage them or not fit them correctly which would mean that they are no longer "safe"! It seems like such a minefield that I decided to stick with my normal artist bears. Sorry not much help to you!

Maryanne, x

Board footer