Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rabiddragons Posts: 2

I figured I'd post a hello to the forums before I went diving into the threads. I started making teddys in high school and now it's been about 14 years now. (holy cow, I just did the math and it really has been that long!) My sister and I were 90s children, we grew up with Beanie Babies and there came a day when I wanted to see if I could make one. From there, I went to find books on stuffed toy making and bear creation. I started with patterns from the book I found at the library. A year into it, I wanted to start making my own patterns. Now it's gone from a hobby obsession to me wanting to give making and selling stuff on Etsy and the local harvest festival a try. My Fiance is thankfully supportive of me trying my hand at starting a tiny new business bear_wub

I am currently working on my second dragon pattern. I enjoy making my teddy bears but man, when I first cranked out my first dragon, I think I fell in love. Hopefully I remember to take pictures in between so I can show the newest creation.

Anyway, I'll stop the book here and just end it with a Hi and I already am enamored with this forum. Hard to find other people who understand the joy of making a bear!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hello, Rabid . . . welcome to Teddy Talk!  Yes, we love all things bear (including bear friends) here and wish you well in starting your new business.  If you haven't already discovered it, we have a great library full of information on the many different aspects of making and selling bears.  The link is at the top of the page, second button on the green toolbar.  Enjoy!

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Ohhh Dragons, i am a big fan of Dragons.

Welcome! I can't wait to see some pics of your creations  bear_wub

Newfangled_Artist Middlesbrough

Dragons! I love them, that's funny since I'm thinking of making some just out of clean rags for now...young artist with a currently low budgets, but I love to sew and keep in practice bear_original Welcome, I'm new too. Will love to see your creations

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Hello rabid and welcome to TT  bear_original There is so much information in the library its easy to loose yourself in there for an hour or two! Dragons could be a great way to go as there are less on the market and we all seem to love them. Looking forward to seeing your next one....
michelle

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hello Rabid and a warm welcome to TT!  :rose:
I am looking forward to seeing some of your creations.  :teddybear:
There is lots of information available in the library about starting your own business and selling your bears (or dragons, or other critters).

Board footer