Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

beartoes Hannabears
Texas

I'm working on my first bunny right now, took me forever to get the pattern done.  For ideas, I pulled up lots of live rabbit photos on the internet which helped a lot with the head, ears and body, but the way they usually sit isn't very interesting for a stuffed bunny - ha.  So the challenge was to figure out how to make it sit my way, and I think I have it - Would love to join the challenge -

Karen Cwayna ~ Hannabears

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OK Hayley!!! count me in. But it will have to be a small one, hahahahah
I'm dying to make another rabbit. It's been years. I just love their ears and wiskers.
Looks like I will have to put the swap card thingy on hold. hahaha Sorry Dilu. :redface:
I wonna maka bunny bear_wacko
I have two platypussys on the table but cant do any more to them until I see their faces. So a bunny will suit me to a tee. But then there are 'Bilby's",'kangaroo rats'.....etc

OK i'm off the make a bunny!! bye, see you all when its finished. spotyas

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Awww, Vicki. Ickle is a sweetie! bear_wub

Penny's back!! :hug:

Count me in. I've got a pattern drafted already, and I'm scrounging for fur. I'm going to name my bunny 'Penny'.

Stay tuned, Penny!

Eileen

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

Can I provisionally sign up? My "real" job (the one that pays for the mohair  bear_original ) has instituted mandatory overtime for all of March so my bearmaking time has dropped down to doodling patterns on the edges of paperwork. Sigh. I'm going to go stark raving mad if all I do is work (and sleep, eating is optional) for the whole month though, and this challange sounds like way more fun than having myself committed.

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I cut out my first bunny..ever!
Can't wait to start!  :dance:

I have 7 commissioned bears i have to make.... bear_wacko  but then I'll make my bunny..  bear_smile

Julia

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

I'm in..unless it's too late!  I'll make a bunny and subject y'all to it anyways via photos!!  = )

Amelia

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Amelia,
You are not late at all !  bear_laugh
I think due date is Easter "16th April". if i'm worng, some one please correct me.  :teddybear:

Oh Julia,
you are so busy !!  bear_wacko
7 commissioned bear !? How do you do that? You must be busy at work and at home too with your 2 lovely childrens.   :rose:
Also, I wanted to tell you that
I love your new avatar!
The Bear is gorgeous !!  :clap:

I can't wait to see more bunnys !!   

Hugs/Marie

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Now that is a great bunny and i dont like bunnys much .

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I cant figure out what I'm doing at the moment. I made  an ATC but maybe it would be better if I finished some of my other projects first. Having said that I will more than likly begin a bunny tonight, hahahahahahahh bear_wacko  bear_wacko seriously I have no idea if I'm coming or going. I suppose it would help if I stopped walking backwards. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap: This sounds like fun--- Count me in girls!!  I have never made a bunny, so this would be a great challenge for me.  Always ready for one of those bear_grin ..........

:hug:
Tracy

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Marie, my friend, thank you! I do have 2 children: my little daughter and big hubby  bear_grin
I still can't manage my time with this new job...that's why I'm keeping orders undone.. bear_whistle  bear_shocked

Right now, the worse part i'm ALONE! cause hubby in Japan.. bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_angry  i asked him to meet you again cause i had some presents for you and Takeko to send..but unfortunatelly he doesn't have time this week.. bear_cry  bear_cry  Hope he will in July..  :hug:

Julia :hug:  bear_wub

i love your avatar too!  :hug: 
how is your show going?  bear_wub

nanmathews Posts: 5

I just submitted one of my first bunnies. I love to make Bunnies!! I'm most excited because I sold this one!! Not always an easy thing to do!!! It was hard to part with him, but I appreciate that someone else loves hand made bears and bunnies.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hayley I have yet to make a bunny. I'm in!

I just hope with all the projects I am working on I can get it done in time. I will do my best.

Looking forward to seeing all the bunnies!

Hugs
Kassie

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Wow! all the Easter bunnies, lambs etc look fantastic.  It would be hard for me to name a favourite as they are all outstanding.

The challenge has been great for me as I started the needle felted rabbit I have just added this time last year so it was great motivation to get it out and finally finish it.

Well done everybody.

Mel

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Just posting my easter challenge - didn't think I would get one done.

Hugs,

Brenda

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

chicks.jpg

I thought this little Easter challenge was going to be easy!  Sometimes, the simplest of designs, can be maddening!  I think I'm finally on my way to a finished Easter chick but I wanted to show the pattern progression.  This also goes to show you that just because you've been in the business for awhile it doesn't necessarily mean designs come easy.....especially when your brain is stuck on "bear".

The first chick looks more like an ugly duckling.  The head is much too skinny......I'm used to putting in gussets.  The body is off, yet, at this point I can't quite figure out what about it is off.  The wings are too big and they look just...well, they just look weird!  I think they're upside down. 

The second chick is looking a little more chick like.  Now the head is too big and so is the beak.  A little overzealous, wasn't I?  The wings look more chick like but they're still too big.  Oh, and I figured out that the body is too compact.

Now I'm finally on the right track with the third chick.  The beak is just a wee bit too small but everything else if finally coming together.  Whew.  Other than the fact that it's a little fuzzy green chick I'm almost there!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Oh Aleta

They are adorable - and I love the way you have positioned them one after the other its is like they are chasing after their mum...like real chicks.

Mel

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aleta, those chickies are ALL adorable!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you kindly, Sue Ann and Melanie!  I just wanted to show the gals and guys just starting to make their own patterns that it sometimes takes a few attempts (or more than a few) until you're satisfied with a design.  So jump in there and start creating newbies!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Ooooops... I missed this thread and I do not know how  :redface:  :redface:. I want to play too :). No idea what I will make but I will ;).
Aleta, I love all 3 chicks !  bear_wub

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

I haven't done a challenge yet, my husband wants me to get my tax stuff together EWWWWWWWWWWWW bear_wacko  so this will be a nice way to avoid an unpleasant task.
Sounds like so much fun!!!!! Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_thumb
Hugs
Jodi

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Wow,   Gone for two weeks and I have missed so much!    I have been having TT withdrawls! 

I just finished a bunny for my Mom last week!     Since I just finished it and it was my own design, can I join in the fun?   

I am going to tackle another bunny this time, only in the mini version!  Two large bears in a row and I am feeling lost for my mini's!     I just adore eveyones Bunnies so far - they are just amazing!

I can't wait to see what creations are made by Easter!

Duff

Stellajella Wien

Vicky, it is sooo cute!
I haven´t made a bunny yet but I´m going to try within the next few days.

Aleta, so sweet wee chicks!

You ladies are all so artistic and skilful, just great!

Gaby   bear_flower

zemeski Posts: 434

Cadberry10.jpg

Here is my first bunny for the year. I haven't made one in a long time. I got bunny fever this weekend and whipped one out. Everyone has done such a great job on the rabbits!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - this bunny is gorgeous!!  What is that fur?

Board footer