Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

After inserting eyes or needle sculpting the muzzle I struggle to hide the ends of threads without causing a 'dimple' in the fabric where I've knotted the thread bear_sad .I wonder can you successfully insert eyes and needle sculpt while the head is open before the head joint is inserted and so lose the thread ends in the stuffing of the head cavity?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hide the ends in the neck area...then you won't see them. I finish with a tailors knot. I separate each thread...rethread the needle... Make a knot in the thread an inch or do from the head ...then go back in exactly where the thread comes out and pop the knot inside through the fabric. You can't see anything on the outside.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I don't put a knot in the ends when starting off...if you take a length of thread and fold it in two and put the ends through the needle...then draw the needle through the head leaving a loop ...going back through the head coming out through the loop will anchor the thread without the need for knots....start off in neck area and you won't see a dent...you can then sculpt the head.

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

bear_thumb many thanks Jenny for your expert advice.
I really appreciate it. bear_original

Board footer