Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

ThReAdTeDs - Traditional, crochet, fiber, patterns, supplies by Berta Hesen-Minten
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Churton M Posts: 43

Hi to you all.
I am new to TT and thought I'd just introduce myself :)
I have always been into crafty things and last October decided to randomly book myself onto a bear making course just to try something different as knitting; crochet, felting and jewellery making was getting a bore and I was running out of projects. I did a 2 day course with a fabulous lady and her husband and was immediately hooked :-)
So I'm now on a mission to get supplies to make more. Does anyone have any advice on sewing machines as that is going to be my first purchase.
Karen

Figartteddy Posts: 14

Hi Karen and welcome to TT! I joined not so long ago myself and have to say I have been welcomed warmly. A good basic sewing machine is all you need as its flat stitching on seams. I am not an experienced bear artist by any means but my background is tailoring so if I can help you with anything please do ask me. I am mostly a self taught bear maker but there is another lady on this forum that I am in regular contact with to exchange tips and ideas. I have no doubt you will become as addicted to bearmaking as I have!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Welcome to Teddy Talk, Karen!  bear_flower

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Karen and welcome to TT!  :rose:

I am glad to hear that you have gotten the teddy bear virus too and look forward to seeing your first creations.  bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Flower Mound, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big welcome to Teddy Talk, Karen . . . so pleased you have joined us.  Once you make that first bear, you will become addicts like the rest of us.  Good luck with your new venture.

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Hi Karen, welcome to TT. I am from Lincolnshire also!

I tend to hand sew all my bears, but i did buy a sewing machine a couple of years ago, it is a Janome 423S It is a nice machine, although i have only used it a couple of times it seemed to be the best for my budget at the time and deals with fur well.

Will look forward to seeing some of your bears, good luck!

Churton M Posts: 43

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes bear_original
I've been looking in the library and looking at other members creations.....WOW your all so talented!
I have nearly finished my bear (work annoyingly keeps taking up my time!) and as soon as he is finished I shall take some pics and upload them.

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Hello Karen and welcome to TT bear_flower I'm glad you have found out how wonderful bear crafting is. I find it can incorporates so many other crafts and is impossible to become bored of. I recently up graded my sewing machine to basic computerized Jerome and I love it. Just remember that it may need a clean more often with fluff build up and to use the right needles depending on what fur fabric you are using. Look forward to seeing your first bear  bear_thumb
michelle

Board footer