Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my!  So green is the color of the devil, huh??  Wow . . . think of how "bad" the trees and grass are - and the adorable little box turtles that come to eat at my back door - and the wonderful frog/toad that lives under the sidewalk and eats mosquitos - and the "devilish" green eyes of my good friend Katy!!  Humph!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My eyes are green too! AHHHH!!!!!  I thought it was a bit nuts but who am I to judge, people can believe whatever they want to... no matter how silly!  I LOVE the books and the movies!  Maybe some parts are a little scary for little ones but I dont think that it is "the work of the devil" LOL

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Got a silly grin on my face here ...GREEN! What the heck is up with these people! And whats the bet they haven't read a word of any of the books. bear_rolleyes It's a fantasy story!!!! Yep and I've got green eyes too!

Jane bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Make that three green-eyed girls here.  Sounds like green is the color of TEDDY BEAR MAKERS instead.  Criminies.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

We make the teddies that come to life and attack people - like a chuckie doll! LMAO!  I can see a movie being made of it!  "Attack of the Green Eyed Teddies - made by the Green Eyed Teddie Makers" LOL bear_grin:lol:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I am a Christian too...and I LOVE the Harry Potter books! I think some people get carried away no matter what the subject...there are extremists in every walk of life and in every part of the community. My Nanna, who is 90, frowns a bit on my letting my kids get into the Harry Potter stuff...but I just switch off when she lectures me.:rolleyes: They are just  fantasy...and people love anything magical...anything that helps us escape the boredom of true life!:D
There are a lot of weirdos out there who do and say some pretty strange stuff, and it gives Christianity a bad name. But everyone is an individual, and every man/woman to himself.

As to green being the colour of the devil...that's news to me!

From another greeneyed gal

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So, in the news today readers seem to be very disappointed, depressed even, over the ending.....
As I have all I can do to get bears made these days it'll be winter before I have the chance to read again....
But is what I'm hearing true? Is the ending awful? Who was killed? OK, I know, you shouldn't tell and ruin it!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

DON'T TELL!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, I don't reeeeeally want to know WHO... just your overall review.... pretend I'm a columnist or news reporter.. you can not disclose such important facts as WHO or WHAT but give me a generalized review... good, bad, etc.:) Pweeeeze?

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

To save you all the trouble of reading the book (i've finished it now) -

Hermione dies - Dumbledore turns out to be gay - Ron Weasley goes over to the dark lord and Harry Potter finds out he's not the 'chosen one'

Sorry to spoil the plot girls :P

Pennypoodles

P.S. Dilu, i am NOT showing my age when it comes to knowing who Lon Cheyney is - i am just EXTREMELY knowledgable when it comes to the cinema bear_happy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh PenPen

love your ending-JK should have checked with you! :D:D

It is sad-  Ask those who complain about the book based on religious reasons what kind of books CS Lewis wrote.  Were they not fantasy quite similar? Hmmmm?  And yet CS Lewis is beloved.

Remember, my little chickadees (quick Pen what movie and who were the 2 primary actors?)  Truth comes in many forms- and there is more than one way back to God

Dilu

O Blimey Wonks!
You've got me thinking now - was it the one with 2 little kids and W.C.Fields (obviously) or was it Dickens' David Copperfield - the book adapted into the film not Dickens as a director?
Oh Poooo i aint got me head on proper

Penpenpen:P

How come you're asking me this sort of question this late at night huh? You know i'm gonna toss and turn all night, mumble to myself and generally have a crap night's kip not knowing the answer. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze let me know BEFORE i go to bed Wonkywoo

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hiya, Penny . . . how's everything with you??  So have you finished your gardening adventure?  Thanks for checking in with us . . . we miss you!

Helloo Sue Ann - how great to hear from you too!

Nah, still have'nt finished the garden yet, not long though, possibly the end of next week.

Most of the hard graft is done now and i'm proud or maybe just stoopid to say that i did it all myself! The electrician still has'nt turned up for the lighting and pond pump to be installed and the bricklayer has'nt built the steps up to where the platform is going to be for the hot tub, but that's OK cos the carpenter has'nt arrived to build the platform for the hot tub yet - but that is'nt my problem as the client decided to source her own tradesmen to do the work, she's on her own now!
The garden is looking great though - i'm going to take photo's this week, weather permitting, do you know it's been hotter here in the UK than in Honolulu lately (can't swear to this personally, it was just something i heard on the radio-although it WAS the BBC-so maybe they were telling the truth) i sooo totally enjoyed digging holes in that heat!

Miss you all too Sue Ann

Penny bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

You surely are working hard . . . like a busy bee!!!! bear_grin

Penultimate Penny

Remember the one with Mae West and WC?  I believe its that one
I think the one where she is on the train and says those famous words  "Is that a gun in your pocket or are happy to see me..."  How that got by the sensors is anyones guess.

I love WC  Remember what he said about children when they turn 12?

Dilu

NO Sue Ann!

NO MORE BEE THINGY PLEEZE!

Maybe i should watch out for Nance - she might creep up behind me and knock me out with a cotton ball doused with Elizabeth Arden nail polish remover. Please check up on me if you don't all hear from me again soon!

Penny bear_tongue

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
You ask me about a film then you can't remember what it's called yourself Wonks?????

Dear Lord help me - Wonks has set me off thinking about things that i should'nt be thinking of this time of the night: sorry, morning now is'nt it?

Wonks - i'm throwing in the towel. W.C. will have to wait until tomorrow/today/whatever.

Sleepytime Penpen bear_tongue

He said that kids should be put in a barrel and sealed up and over they go in the Niagra Falls.

When my son was 12 I thought about this long and hard.

He's still with us so I guess everything is ok

I'm sorry PenPen-it was late afternoon for me....and I had been sipping crystal light peach tea mixed with peach schnaps-

Oh Stop it all of you!!!   If you haven't tried it I don't think you should be making fun of it~  besides- I am not a heavy weight with drinking...Although I used to love Long Island Ice Tea-  can't handle it anymore.....oh welll

hhic hic

Bye....exercise is calling, I guess I should do some ambeling out to the spa.....oh this is so hard....

bear_laugh

Board footer