Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hi everyone, I am new to this board, some of you may know me from other groups or Edinburgh, its nice to see some familar gals here. I have been making bears for about 3 years, and always learning.  I have missed the networking whilst the other board has been down, Look forward to chatting with you all. ;)

Cheers

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well, Howdydo Karen.....we are glad to have you.  I am told some of us talk  more than others but all of us are fun and you can learn some great stuff here.

Glad to meet you-  look forward to seeing your creations

Dilu

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Karen. Always room for one more! Great ladies here and they will provide you with all the info, giggles, and love you need.

Hugs Louise

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

Hi Karen!! Welcome to this board too! Some members here from Edinburgh too! bear_laugh

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Karen, Welcome on board the Good Ship Teddy Talk.  You will just love it here ,have you got a web-site ???.  Hugs Rita xxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A big welcome, Karen . . . so glad you decided to join us!  Hope you like it - we are a crazy, but very caring group so keep posting and show us some of your bears!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya karen, welcome to teddy Talk. It will be good to get to know you and see some of your bears. Enjoy joining in with us all and becoming one of our ever increasing cyber family, you'll love it!

Jane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heya Karen!  Karen's bears are darling and she's yet another bearmaker from Down Under.  Welcome, miss!  Glad to have you here.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hello Karen. Lovely to hear from you. Keep on posting!

Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Shelli, Where can we view Karens lovely bears. Hugs Rita xxx

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Welcome Karen,I'm fairly new here also but these gals are terrific.They welcome everyone into their close family and make you feel at home. bear_grin ;)

Rita ,I looked at Karen's bears by clicking on website in the space where the avatar is,her work is just adorable. :)
Welcome!!You will love it here,Shari.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Rita, here's a link to one of her Gallery pages.  I've seen her avatar on other boards of a particularly cute cinnamon bear.  She's relatively new to bearmaking and has come a long way in a short time!

http://www.rufnutteddys.com/

By the way Karen- is there a story behind your 'rufnut' name?

Dilu

wow!  now I am getting pithy! bear_grin:lol::lol:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Welcome Karen :D

I have visited your website and saw wonderful bears
and needle felting bear too ! how cool :cool:
I'm glad you joined here :)

Bear Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Karen!!!

It's wonderful to have you here!!!  You make adorable teddies - I don't think I've ever told you that!!

It's wonderful to have you here!@

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Karen -
Can't get too far away from many of us!! bear_grin Glad you've come on over to join us here!!
Hugs,
Daphne

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thank you all for the very warm welcomes, glad to be here, its great to be amongst a group of very nice people with the same interests. bear_happy I am normally an active poster time permitting of course.

Glad you found my new website, I am still working on it when I can.   I am not sure it will ever be finished but I'll get there eventually. I had to start somewhere, and I'll get an Avatar up an going shortly.

Thanks for the wonderful comments on my bears, its always great to get some feedback, sometimes we are our own worst critics and too hard on ourselves. :rolleyes:

Dilu, thanks for asking me about "Rufnut", now this is something I should put on my website, so thanks for the idea, and I also have not been asked this question very often. 

I took a liking to this name when my hubby told me what his nickname was when he was young. A family friend called him a rufnut because was always active, getting into mischief, and had a bad hairdo (hair was always messy).  So I jumped on the name Rufnut, and just added Teddys on the end, seemed to have a good ring to it, so that was how rufnut teddys came about.    Sounds like a theme here somewhere to establish a style to suit the name, yes I have been thinking about it.  So must go creating and playing to achieve it. :D

Thank you all, look forward to chatting with you.

Neat story-thanks for sharing it......hmmmmmmm......now let's see of these rufnut teddies!

Diluy

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi Karen!! Glad you joined up...we need more players on the Aussie side!
I had the pleasure of meeting Karen at a teddy bear show earlier this year..lovely gal! I had a look at your site Karen..you're doing great with your bears...really sweet faces on all of them. It was really nice to see your page on the Tsunami bears too...I should really put one on my site as well. Faith and Hope were just so pretty!

Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Karen, Wow, your Bears are all great ,but I love all your needlefelting ones.  Power to your Elbow . Keep on with your lovely bears.  Hugs Rita xxx

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Ooh, Hayley... shades of Yahoo groups past and deja vu both just hit me in the head.

Were you the Aussie who helmed the Tsunami bear effort by bearmakersAustralia?  Remind me, please.

FYI for the rest of you who have no idea what I"m talking about...

I used to belong to two wonderful Yahoo groups but found it hard to keep up with my bearmaking as the pull to chitchat was so great (shocking, I know... :P) so I ended up quitting them for no good reason other than my complete lack of self control. 

But right at the time I left there was an effort to create and collect bears to distribute to Tsunami survivors.  I somehow remember Hayley, all of a sudden, maybe being at the helm of that effort.  But I didn't have a face to go with the name back then (like I do now) and was overwhelmed with all the new names and businesses in those groups,  so I can't be sure it was her.  Sounds right somehow, though, all of a sudden...

Waiting to hear.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awsome new avatar Danni!

Jane

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ah thanks Jane bear_laugh

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thanks everyone for the nice comments much appreciated bear_happy

Shelli you have the right Hayley she did a great effort to arrange that, it was for the Tsnuami tragedy, it was for a great cause.

Hayley I was so touched by the cause, I thought it was worthy of a mention on my site, you should put it on your site and be proud of the grand effort.   bear_original  The effort also got a write up in the Bears and Buds site.

Thanks Rita, I do love needlefelting, its amazing some of the facial expressions that can be achieved, its also a nice change from sewing, cannot wait to combine mohair and felting together, just need some time to experiment. bear_happy

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Thanks Shelli, and Karen.;) The Tsunami bear drive was the most rewarding thing I have participated in for a long time. It was one of those situations where you just don't feel you are doing enough by giving money.
The ladies in the Bearmakers group grabbed hold of the opportunity with great gusto and the bears came rolling in from all over the place...one even came from the U.K. I was only the catalyst, it was all those generous, giving, ladies who made so many bears, who made it work. The bears are being distributed as we speak. Originally the bears were destined for orphanages, but Bree (who is delivering the bears personally) has said that orphanges are a rare sight, as most of the children orphaned have been adopted into families who lost their children. She gave ten of the bears to ten children from the one family.....who lost their daddy in the Tsunami and now struggle to survive with no income.

Board footer