Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

And where is this fairy now? Does it's owner know the source of those wings??
What a riot! I wouldn't have been able to get that close to the bee - knocked out or not.
Glad to know about nail polish remover though. Course, I'd just dump the whole bottle on whatever creep crawly was giving me the heebeegeebees! Then I'd have a lovely spot on my floor!!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT :o

There i was just browsing through the TeddyTalk postings when all of a sudden SPIDERS and PULLING WINGS OFF BEES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know girls, i go away for a few weeks and just look what happens - you all revert to telling creepy bug stories bear_tongue

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - NO MORE SPIDER STORIES !

Pennypoodles bear_tongue

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Penny...honey, you have to stay with the program here.  This is getting very involved.

Yes, Shelli, I put the real 'thang on my itty bitty fairy AND Daphne, I WAS the owner.  This was back in '96 and there was no craft shop where I was living at the time.   
I was experimenting and being the crafty gal that I am...well, you know, you have to get supplys where ever you can. :lol::lol:
  And how handy that it just   F- L -E -W right into my space!!

Ok...you want to really gross out here...how about super gluing a tiny paper plane made of tissue paper to the legs of a fly and watch your 'plane' fly around on it's own.
NO ! I am not the inventor of that and did not do it myself...I was a den mother and the boys were talking about how COOL that was.  Boys can think of anything! :rolleyes:

nanc.......

I beginning to feel sick now Nance,
flies - spiders - torturing bees, who make all that nice hunny for your bread and pollinate the flowers and make that nice buzzybuzzybuzz sound on a hot summers day,
Help!
AND to cap it all you a.c.t.u.a.l.l.y USED the wings Nance - i'm beginning not to believe this now. Where's the proof girl? I wanna see photo's of this.
Could you not just move to a place where there's a craft shop Nance? Pleeeeze?

Pennypoodles - feeling rather queasy bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You're right, Penny, it definitely sounds like a case for some kind of animal protection agency, or animal rights activist group.

How about BEE-TA?

:|:D:lol:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh I love this forum.....laughing is good for the immune system-NancI laughed until my tumtum hurt and then some.....I think the corralling the bee while you pondered the ethics was the best! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jane!  Honestly girl it WAS your subject.- 

Shari Earwigs are horrible- no where is safe.  You have to shake out your clothing and your shoes, you have to check the bed, you have to check everything!  ugh! :mad:

By-the-way.....very cleaver using real bee wings....how did it come out?

Come on Shelli- waste not want not.....aren't we always using things meant for something else on our bears and dolls?  Very cleaver thinking, I think

Dilu- very tired but laughed out

Yeah Shelli - bees need protecting from avid rabid bear artists and i think we should set up a special investigation into Nance's wing pulling.

Nancy had a little bee
but it was not a pet
she pulled its wings off
just like that
she'll never be a vet!

Naughty naughty Nance :P

Pennypoodles

And Dilu - No No No - don't start getting ideas here. I will NEVER buy a gollywollykins off of you again if i start seeing gorgeous wings sprouting from their backs or little antenni or ANYTHING buglike - behave you naughty inquisitive girl you

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey, I was kidding.  PE-TA... BEE-TA.  Get it?  I mean, you of all people Dilu, with that PETA princess thang in your life and all...

Quit laughing so hard and pay attention to the tongue-in-cheek, subtle stuff, too, woman! ;)

I shall now set the record straight.

Nancy, you are a bee-utiful person, and are clearly in possession of a swarm of ingenuity.  The global hive in which we all reside is all abuzz about what a creative queen bee you clearly and truly are.   I am stung by the sheer, heretofore unknown, originality of your take on "environmental recycling" and from here on out, consider myself a mere worker or drone, buzzing about in life only insofar as it allows me to somehow protect and feed the wiggly offspring of your oh-so-fertile-and-productive mind.  May there never be an anti-venom for what now ails me.

bear_grin:lol::lol:

There once was a bee who'd been bad

When asked why he'd done what he had

"My father," said he, "is a son of a B"

"and I guess I take after my dad."

Oh you're a clever dicky tonight Wonks!
What time is it there? I have the excuse of it being 12.15 am and i've bin up since 5 this morning

great poem though

Penpenpen:P

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aaaaaah . . . you clever, clever girls!!  This topic has evolved into a comedy routine! bear_grin Maybe someone from "Comedy Corner" is lurking and all of you will be getting into a second career as stand-up comics!  Or writing for Saturday Night Live (is that still on?).  Bee sure to keep on pollinating!!

Where do I start?  hmmmmm.  In defense of my ultimate decision to 'de-wing the thing'.....I have to tell you that there are many artist today that are now using real wings ( I was a little ahead of the game)...but with that said, had I known, I would have gone into the business.

There is this man who sells bug wings to fairy artists and a good set of cicada wings will cost you an arm and a leg...opps, no pun intended!!!!:lol::lol:

I wish I still had the fairy so I could show you, but with all the moving we have done, I am afraid she must have flown off somewhere. :/

Shelli...that you sweetie for all the wonderful things you said...but, I had to read it over a couple of times.  'Me thinks' you should be a great author some day.  What a command of the English launguage.
Opps gotta go

ok back...my sweet son-in-law came by to help me figure out something.

What I meant to say was...' Shelli, thank you (not...that you).  Oh boy, I think I am going buggy here!! :lol:

Dilu, when you said using the bee wings was clever, how did it come out?...you didn't mean that literally, did you. bear_happy  and by the way...great poems, now I know what will inspire you. hahahaha :lol::lol:

What a great bunch of gals you all are...luv each one!

Nanc.

Of course I meant it literally.  I just didn't spell it right-I am sure it has something to do with my ice tea.  But I did think you were clever

I was thinking about an artist my father once knew who made pictures using butterfly wings, really elaborate unbelievable pictures-fancy ball gowns on fashionplate ladies.....indian ladies.....

But maybe we don't want to have Pen wake up in the middle of her night log on and see this....so I will stop......

Yep...Shelli....you are most def. a leg up on me and my poor rambelings.
Your last post was truly poetic prose.

Dily

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli - You've missed your calling!!!!
For a moment I was back in American Lit. class!!!

Penny my dear, you work outside, in gardens where surely there are all kinds of creepy crawlys so this topic shouldn't bother you in the least!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Jazz.jpgWinney,
Thought you may like to see my rat..seeing as though rats have played a negative role in your life so far. As you can see, Jazzy is one perfectly satisfied gal!;)

Daph - i work outside but if i come across a spider i just go off and do something else till the little blighter has moved on!

ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! A RAT A RAT A RAT - No more please girls, me nerves are shot to pieces

Pennypoodles bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hayley,
Jazzy is adorable! :)
I had a hooded rat (black & white) named Molly. She used to sit on the kitchen table with me in the morning and eat her Cheerios out of her own little rat sized bowl very dainty like. VERY cute!!
Daphne

Jazzy looks like she had some of my schnaps and tea...how cute she is!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Loooove Jazzy!  My 5 cats would "adore" her, too, I'm sure!! bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Shelli-

I just heard that high heat index combined  with high humidity can cause migraine symptoms-and its not sinus as most people-me-commonly think. Hmmmmm

I am afraid my posts the past to days might be a little wonkygoof
because of the migraine/headache symptoms....so forgive me----

Of course if I only logged on when I'm headache free I would NEVER logon....that sounds soooooo boring...:D

love you guys
even when my eyes are crossed and my spelling atrocious

bear_tongue Dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

We love you, too, Dilu; there's nothing to forgive.

Hayley, your rat is adorable.  I like rats a lot; they're terribly smart.  I've just not had a lot of personal success with them, as the last one we had just would NOT stop biting.

Daphne, I have a wonderful vision in my head of your rat eating Cheerios on the table while you read the paper and have a coffee.  Hysterical!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh Haley he is so cute. What an adorable creature he is...My neice use to have 2 "ratties" , she would take them everywhere with her in a large straw purse. 

Those rats I was talking about are HUGE, almost as big as a cat ! They are wild and can be pretty vicious too. They are what is called muskrats...water rats....Winney

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh what a pretty rat!!!  They are the most adorable pets!

Danni

Here's a song for our intrepid friend PenPen who has a great love for all things with 8 legs  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am only sharing-I didn't create  :D

I knew an old lady
who swallowed a fly

I don't know why
she swallowed the fly

perhaps she'll die

I knew an old lady
who swallowed a spider
it wiggled  and jiggled and tickled inside her

She swallowed the spider
to catch the fly
but I don't know why