Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i have just been laughing myself sick at all these posts! i needed a laugh today,,im sory penny for the waton murder of your garden..i too love daphnes idea of the statue,,humour is the way i deal with mine too..they just dont listen!  when they say "im not thinking about anything..i'm just sitting here.." they mean it!! without women theyd spiral out of the good chain entirely!!!  hang in there!  hugs deb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Here we are on Friday morning............

All is calm, all is quiet - and the reason for all this peace and tranquility? NO BUILDERS!!!!!!!   bear_angry

They have apparently gone to a wedding today, how nice for them.

Meanwhile i have no drains connected until Monday and the toilet is still blocked. I no longer wave bye-bye to last nights meal i just say "see you later".........................what have i done to deserve this i wonder?

I now have a gap in the wall so i can access the little sunken area but the wall still just stops short of meeting the house wall which looks extremely stupid and is a tripping hazard (i have already grazed my ankle on it - should i claim damages?).

All of the paving stone is being delivered on Monday morning.....................yeah right! I just don't believe anything anymore. I have lost the faith!

You lot have been so funny and supportive - i wish i could reply to each of your posts but i am just so busy with mother-in-law still that i don't have time to. I just have enough time to pop in here and post pics and then i have to get off again. I'm hoping to have more free time next week (why do i not really believe that) to get back to you all.

Keep your posts coming my dear old chums...............they crack me up  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

More pics.............

friday001.JPG

friday004.JPG

friday008.JPG

Look Look Renae, everyone.................things have appeared! The bags of cement were'nt here this morning and a new drain cover has been spirited here as if by magic and there's a pile of sand too..............but no sign of builders.

What is going on?  bear_wacko

I'm gonna go spy on the invisible workman.

DSCF2537.JPG

DSCF2538.JPG

Well well well........................

a lonesome workman had turned up (English this time) and i bent his ear about having no drains and the toilet being blocked and guess what? The toilet is blocked because they they pulled out the underground waste pipe and filled the hole with rubble!!!!

This guy seems to know what's what and is going to put a new pipe and drain in so we don't have to keep saying Hi to Mr Poo.

I do wonder where a weeks doo doo has been going though...........
:crackup:

More pics to come girls - i betcha can't wait huh?  bear_tongue

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Penny there are some Eastern European builders just up from us, they are so funny. They work hard but have their own weird way of doing things. ie their way! When the house owner calls round it more entertaining than telly. I can hear the animated conversations three doors down. You have my deapest sympathy. May Terry rest in pieces. bear_tongue

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh dear Penny...just been reading through this post!  Don't know whether to laugh or cry for you!  Geez..well at least maybe your toilet will be fixed soon! :hug:  :hug:
xx Sarah

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Penny, you'll have enough to write a book with all that story!

You could put as a title: The Mysterious Garden...

I cannot wait to know more about that story!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked What on EARTH were they thinking to yank the soil pipe and fill the hole with rubble?!?!  bear_shocked  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  Oh PenPen, I'm afraid I'd have their hides tanning in what was left of the garden!    bear_angry   Hang onto that English workman...he may be your only hope for salvaging your garden!   bear_thumb  bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

psssst.  (Whispering now.)  I like the wall.   :redface: I'm sure they're going to do something lovely with it.  Thinking positively here.   bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Dilu Posts: 8,574
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Penny, the way you describe your dilemma has me in stiches, but I'm still wincing big-time on your behalf.  Hope it gets cleared up soon; the poo, the language barrier, the fence, Terry's ashes... everything!!!

Hang in there!:rose:

HA HA HA you lot crack me up.....................  :crackup:

Aleta, i will try and think positively about the garden wall  bear_wacko

NOTHING is happening in the garden over the weekend although my cat did have her early morning poo in the rubble and instead of me running out there to pick it up as i normally do when she decides the litter tray is not private enough, i shall leave it for the builders on monday morning - i am evil when angry
:twisted:

HOWEVER............i am going to visit the Van Hague garden centre today. It is the most gorgeous place which sells beautiful and expensive garden furniture, water features, statuary and of course plants...........i intend to get Terrys credit card into meltdown mode!
:crackup:  :crackup:

If i can remember/be arsed, i will take pics of my visit and post them here.

Penny  :hug:

P.S. I forgot to say.................MY LOO IS FIXED!!!!! :clap:  :dance:  bear_thumb  :bday:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Yeah, Penny!

At list one important thing is fixed!

I wish I could visit that garden shop with you to help you find the most exensive things and plants to go to you garden!  bear_innocent

Maybe at the end of the building of your garden, if the result is not as beautiful as you hope, you can still take some paint brushes and paint mooning bears on the stones of the wall!  bear_tongue

Oh, you should encourage your cat to leave more smelly gifts for the workers!

bear_whistle

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lapousmor wrote:

Yeah, Penny!

At list one important thing is fixed!

I wish I could visit that garden shop with you to help you find the most exensive things and plants to go to you garden!  bear_innocent

Maybe at the end of the building of your garden, if the result is not as beautiful as you hope, you can still take some paint brushes and paint mooning bears on the stones of the wall!  bear_tongue

Oh, you should encourage your cat to leave more smelly gifts for the workers!

bear_whistle

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

HA HA HA  :crackup:

I certainly will encourage the cat to leave more gifts for the builders!  bear_laugh

I wish you could come with me to the garden centre Sophie - i will definitely take photos and post them here for you to see - i know how you love gardens.

PenPen  :hug:

WildCatDancer wrote:

Ah, you are finally getting to the FUN part, the spending of Terry's money. How nice!  And if you would like, I could send even more poo for the rubble...5 cats, one large economy size, and a horse, oh we are never poo deficient here!

POO DEFICIENT!!!! HA HA HA HA HA  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Yes send POO Renea.................wrap it in plastic so it does'nt dry out and lose it's delightful odour - i'll spread it around so it's gauranteed to get trodden on by builders boots!!!!
bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Penpen

Over here, if someone dies they freeze the cards and account....unless its a joint account,.....so you'd best get those purchases in soon! g015.gif

And of course we will be your alibi! e020.gif Don't we look like upstanding citizens? c080.gif

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

lapousmor wrote:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Sophie, I love it!!!

I have been a-buying girls  bear_smile

First i bought a new french ironwork love seat that looks old, then a stone fountain and 8 Italian terazzo planters and finally i popped a couple of solar powered metal lanterns onto the overladen trolley just for luck.

This is not the end though................i still want a few other things but i am just biding my time hee hee

Ever since i bought the solar powered lights it has clouded over and we have actually had some rain. So if you are suffering from drought or heatwave i recommend buying solar lights..................they are guaranteed to make it rain and cool down
bear_cry  bear_wacko  bear_whistle

Here are some pics of my trip to the garden centre from yesterday (saturday)

gardencentre001.JPG

gardencentre004.JPG

gardencentre005.JPG

gardencentre009.JPG

gardencentre010.JPG

gardencentre011.JPG

gardencentre013.JPG

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked WOWZA, PenPen--buy it all, girl! Maybe the builders will manage to knock down the house next door, and you can e-x-p-a-n-d  :crackup:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Penny I can't wait to see the results of the garden.

PLEASE can you send the builders round to my house to do my garden so I can go shopping at the Van Hague garden centre.

WINK, WINK!

Hugs Jane.   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

You know, I am sitting here in my little house in Adelaide Australia, and my life is revolving around Pen and her garden fiasco.  Every day, the first thing I do on the computer is go to the Shoot Me Now topic, so that I can catch up on the latest garden catastrophy and all the hilarious comments from other girls around the world.  Penny's garden has really become a "United Nations" topic, and I think that when it is finally complete, we should all fly in and have an unveiling of the new garden and a memorial plaque commemorating the event.

Now, what would you girls put on the plaque.....

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh my gosh!!  I'll take four of those gothic wall thingies!!  I love those!!  Problem is, they really don't go with the rest of my house.   Hmmmm.  I wonder how much it would cost to goth all the windows in the house and stone the exterior.  My neighbors would really think I was eccentric but I think my husband would have me committed.
:crackup:

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

You know, I am sitting here in my little house in Adelaide Australia, and my life is revolving around Pen and her garden fiasco.

HA HA HA - i know what you mean Christine...............my life is revolving around the garden fiasco too  bear_wacko

Renae - i look forward to recieving the parcel (i think)  :crackup:

Aleta - if you want a gothic folly it only costs £6,500 so for 4................£25,000...........shall i order them for you????
bear_whistle

Just one pic for you this morning girls, more tomorrow no doubt as the paving is being laid today (supposedly) - well it is arriving today (another supposedly), whether it gets laid is another matter!  bear_sad

Here's my little love seat.............french wirework, painted a distressed antiquey green colour and suprisingly very comfortable.

gardencentre019.JPG

Terry's mum is a bit poorly so i don't have time to write much today............hopefully she will be better tomorrow and i'l have more time to chat.

See you soon girls

Penny  :hug:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Hi Penny

Its not exactly boring at your house - is it? :crackup:

Keep drinking the champagne and --- em.

Morning All  bear_flower

Well the paving slabs arrived - late! So no work got done yesterday - what a suprise  bear_shocked

BUT............today, weather permitting (we had the first drop of rain in 4 weeks last night) the slabs will start to be laid. The guy that is laying them is really creepy, you know - the sort of guy that stands too close to you when he's talking to you and his eyes keep shifting to your cleavage - so i am keeping out of his way!
Until he puts a step wrong then i'm gonna bust his butt
bear_tongue
The slabs have naturally occuring fossils in them, we thought it would be great for our grandson Joshua to go around finding them etc.............just a little game for him (and me of course). We are turning a small area into a special garden for him, somewhere for him to hide out and eat worms or something equally disgusting. We will put in a small water feature and various interesting bits and bobs which will keep him amused - hopefully.

OK, i'm off to shower and get dressed before Creepo Builder gets here at 8 a.m - i'll be taking more pics later!

Penny

P.S. Terry's mum is feeling a little better today, thank goodness  :pray:

slabs001.JPG

slabs002.JPG

Board footer