Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What fun Penny - your garden is going to be amazing.
Love... the love seat - and the PenPen stonehenge pavers.
thanks for sharing your wonderful  tales and can't wait to see the finished garden.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I love these slabs!

I hope the result will be great!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: This worker should be careful if he does not want to finish as a fossil in one slab!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

At Last! The paving has started to be laid.

The stone is just so lovely, lots of fossils from when it was a sea bed so seaweed is all over them - i'm waiting for a fish fossil now ha ha!
Things are going a lot smoother here now.............the Russians have gone  bear_whistle

PAVING.jpg

Here's a pic of one of the dolls i have been making, he is'nt finished yet but it will give you an idea of the style i am producing. My dolls are very grumpy and austere old things...........let me know what you think please girls.
My new doll website is under construction too but i'm not supposed to talk dolls here - just bears!!!  bear_tongue

dollenata2.jpg

dollenata1.jpg

DOLL1.jpg

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked Amazing--It's Voltaire . . . or old Mr. Chuzzlewit . . . or me?

I love your fossil stone! I have one with a trilobite, but just one. bear_cry

For you, Penners--
MaxStrength.jpg

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

This Doll Penny - is the head sculpted by your own fair hands or what?

Garden coming along - Chelsea next year?????????????? TT as a sponser. :dance:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh Penny....your new garden is going to be wonderful.  I can hardly wait to see it all finished.  I have to admit  I'm way envious...okay...I'm down  right GREEN with jealousy.

Now, you're working on dolls too...oh good grief...is there an end to your creativity?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh the Saga just gets better and better....

Love Volatiare....

Love your choices...will be a lovely garden to be sure!

i would like to see a piccy of Terry, when he is released from the hospital, but still adequately bruised and abraded.

Eileen what a funny plaque

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177
shantell wrote:

Oh Penny....your new garden is going to be wonderful.  I can hardly wait to see it all finished.  I have to admit  I'm way envious...okay...I'm down  right GREEN with jealousy.

Now, you're working on dolls too...oh good grief...is there an end to your creativity?

HAHAHAHAHAH  :crackup:  Creativty???? More like CAPTIVITY Shantell.............i'm stuck in the house because of the bloody builders (can't leave them alone, it's too risky).

Sandra - yes i make the dolls with my own fair hands, no molds used. I have an offer on the doll already but he's not finished and i may keep him as a prototype anyway.

Eileen - Voltaire? MrChuzzlewit? You? ha ha ha Yes, he does looka bit Voltaire-ish now you mention it.......i have'nt named him yet. Should i just call him Eileen?
:crackup:

Renae - Terry is'nt as handsome as the doll  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

TODAYS GARDEN FIASCO UPDATE.....................
Well....it's raining, it rained all night, i have no connected drainpipes (cos they moved the drains) so all the rain water is just pouring down onto the paving which is not dry and probably won't dry EVER!
The water started seeping through under the back door so i now have a wet utility room floor. I'm as mad as a sack of snakes.

As for the paving itself.........erm........it's quite pale when dry.............now that it has rained.............it's MULTI COLOURED!!!!!!  It has so much pattern in it because of the fossils that it looks like a Van Gogh painting! I'm not sure we chose the right stone.........i love it but it's a shock to see how vivid the colours are when it's wet. Maybe it will grow on me?
Here's a pic of it - judge for yourselves.

slabrain1.JPG

Even though it's raining buckets the builders are here en masse today...........what are they gonna do in the rain?
Suggestions????

We have started naming the paving slabs already. One is named Saturn because it has rings on it like the planet - there's Mars as well as it's red and stripey - another is named the Elgin Marbles as it looks like marble (probably is for all we know) and another, Raspberry Ripple.....simply cos that's what it looks like! I can see a new game of 'Name the Paving' cropping up when we have BarBQ's.
bear_tongue

Penny  bear_wacko

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked You MADE him with your own lily-whites? That is one wonderful face . . . character-plus.

bear_thumb Better yet, how about naming one of those beautiful stones Eileen, and naming the doll Voltaire?

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm
gotobedbears wrote:

As for the paving itself.........erm........it's quite pale when dry.............now that it has rained.............it's MULTI COLOURED!!!!!!  It has so much pattern in it because of the fossils that it looks like a Van Gogh painting! I'm not sure we chose the right stone.........i love it but it's a shock to see how vivid the colours are when it's wet. Maybe it will grow on me?
Here's a pic of it - judge for yourselves.

Dear Penny,

I've been away for a week and don't believe how this saga has developed.  :doh: You seem to be keeping your sense of humour though and its very entertaining.  bear_rolleyes

Love the paving. Get some terracotta planters model huge and Mediterranean style garden furniture to go with it. On El Stupidos's (formerly known as El Tel) account of course.  bear_tongue  bear_whistle  :twisted:

Hang in there and please keep us informed.

Hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Hi Penny,

How is your garden doing ???

I live in Luton which is not far from you and I have never heard of that garden centre. Which one do you go to as it looks lovely. I think your garden will look gorgeous when its done!!!

Just keep hanging in there !!!!

Hugs

Claire

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Penny,
Firstly I Hope your mother in law is feeling a bit better now
I have just been reading all about your garden and builders you really should be a writer( mm how to fit that in with your many other talents might take a bit of juggling - bet you can do that too bear_original  bear_original )
  Ouch!! a great need for patience on your part
  Ouch!! a greater need for expenditure on El Tel's part
OOOOOOOOOOOOhhh but your paving is wonderful - I always wanted a garden like in stately homes - I am soo sorry your plants have been lost - but I think your finished garden will be a haven of tranquility and artistry and when is the open day scheduled?? - just think - cream teas and classical music  ---mmm I look forward to seeing  more :photo: of the progress towards your own little valhalla/eutopia/Shangri La   bear_original  bear_original
I saw your doll - another Wow!!
I am simply amazed how you manage to fit everything in!!
I am running just to keep up with myself just now!!
:hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I have to confess I quite like this multi coloured result under the rain!
This will make your garden pleasant even when it rains!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Penny you really should write a book about your adventure.  It would be a best seller !!!  I think the stone is quite pretty actually.  Your garden will always be a bright happy place in the rain   bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Just caught up on this post since Mr. Poo was hainging out in your loo!  :crackup: So glad he's gone!

Oh, Pen, that garden center was gorgeous! I'm not sure we have anything like that here in the states.... SO beautiful! I want that bathtub full of flowering plants!

Your bench is just perfect to sit and name pavers in!! I can see it nestled amongst all the beautiful flowering plants and shrubs Terry is buying you!  bear_grin

Those pavers are really quite interesting... a conversation piece all in themselves! You could have them treated with something that will permanantly bring the colors out... there must be something. I remember as a kid, going to the beach and finding rocks that were so colorful in the water. I'd get them home and they'd be dry and dull and ugly. Totally lifeless. I wanted them to look like they did when they were wet so I used mom's clear nail polish and painted them. It worked! No, I'm not suggesting you take to painting each one with nail polish.... could be a good job for Terry though! I've yet to meet a man who LIKES the smell of nail polish!

Voltaire is quite....... er........ um........Voltaire-ish!!! Will he be the ruler of the Moonlings??

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."  -Voltaire

Board footer