Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Hey Mindy,
you message was definately worth agonizing over........I subscribed yesterday, now I just have to get off my butt and take a face photo for the magazine............

AndreaM bear_original

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Thanks to everyone who has subscribed lately -- I really appreciate it, and think you'll enjoy getting the magazine.

I was at the Toronto show over the weekend, so I've just sent replies to all of the e-mail Face Book entries I've received since late last week. If you have not heard from me now, please resend your entry.

Mindy

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

yaaah.. I took the plunge and subscribed. Now to get a good pic to send. Thanks for this great opportunity.   :clap:

Marion

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Hi Mindy,
I have just emailed mine to you, i look forward to seeing the book it will be great! bear_smile
Kerren

Stellajella Wien

Mindy,
this is truely a great idea! I´ll email my picture to you tomorrow.
Have a smashing weekend

Gaby bear_flower

K Pawz Guest

hmmm....I sent mine on Wednesday 22nd but haven't gotten a reply, I wonder if I should send again????
PS I already had a subscription!!!

Krista

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Mindy I'd love to join in, but I'm phone phobic.... and I *much* prefer to be contacted via internet/email.  Is there anyway for me to send along my bear's photo, but to skip on the phonenumber?  :redface:  Sorry to make things difficult for you...  :redface:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: I've finally sent mine in! Thanks for the opportunity, Mindy :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I sent in, and forwarded the request to my artist friends as well.

Lynette

Teddy09328 Esche B�r

Hi Miny, it is a great idea  :dance: and I has send all details from me.  bear_flower

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

mine is uploading.....very slowly....lol...dialup stinks  bear_grin
I hope my photo is alright. My camera is kind of crap.  :redface:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Kim,

Kellie Love suggested using www.yousendit.com to send larger, high resolution files. It's free. Otherwise, the quality of a photo can be lost in transit . . . something to do with the way email programs compress files.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

ah - thank you Eileen! I am pretty sure my email prog doesn't compress photos  -
it just takes forever cause of dial up. & I am stuck with choosing from 'old' photos
because my 'best' bear is long sold...not that I am complaining about that!  bear_grin

Lancaster PA

Funny, I spent all that time writing articles about photography this year, and we've all learned more about the topic through the Face Book project! Who knew that photo programs and e-mail would undermine our efforts by making photos "easier to send"? When I have a free minute, I'll have to rewrite my photo guidelines to reflect the pitfalls of modern digital imaging!

Keep up the good effort, everyone -- I've got entries everywhere, and it's a joy!

Mindy

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Mindy,
Did you receive mine?? i didn't receive an email to confirm.   bear_thumb
best wishes Kerren

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Hey Mindy,
I'm really leaving this last minute I know, I just wondered......I have some photos that were taken professionally, could I just crop one of them to only include the face of will that not work??????
Would you rather I just take a new photo???

Thanks bear_flower

AndreaM

Lancaster PA

Andrea, Send the whole photo and we'll crop it.

Kerren, You should have gotten your confirmation now. I think I just missed you when I was checking and filing messages. (Sorry!)

I'm caught up on responses to e-mail entries, so if you didn't get a reply from me, please resend your entry. If you sent it via snail mail, we'll be sending out ad info soon -- just have to get them all open and filed.

344 entries so far ...  keep 'em coming! I've still got 50 GB of free space on my hard drive...

bear_original Mindy

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Great, will do Mindy!!!!!!!!! bear_thumb

Thanks,

AndreaM bear_original

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Sent mine in this morning, got my confirmation...so EXCITED to see the final project! :dance:

:hug:
~Chrissi

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

I just sent mine off!

AndreaM bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website
MKinsey/TBF wrote:

For this project, I don't mind last minute -- I'd rather have your entry at the last minute than not at all -- but don't forget to do it!

For the TOBYs, on the other hand, I'm recommending that people send their "last minute" entries a week early. I chose poorly when assigning the deadline, so there's basically no time between the deadline and leaving (entries in hand) for Florida to do the judging at IDEX. I'm always strict about the TOBY deadline, but this year, anyone whose entry is so much as 10 minutes late will be left out.

Mindy

Eeeks!  Do you send confirmation of receipt of the TOBY entries Mindy?   :pray:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Mindy,

I emailed mine today.  I listed under the name of Swan Valley Bears as I am changing my business name at the first of the year.

Lancaster PA

Yes, I will be sending postcards to acknowledge receipt of your TOBY entries -- I just haven't printed them yet. Only have 11 TOBY entries so far, so it's not been a big worry -- but of course I hope all of you will be changing that for me in December! (The postcards even give you a discount on an ad!)

Mindy

K Pawz Guest

What is the latest Dates for enteries for the Toby's Mindy, and not the day you leave....is 4 January pushing it?
Krista

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I now have to choose which pic. I have a short list of BooBoo, Blossom & Peter.
These are the three I have a good photo of.  MMMMmmmmm decisions, decisions.........

OK I chose and I emailed it all to you Mindy. I must though apologise for the size of the picture.
It was the correct size on the screen . It was the correct size when I printed it out but something happened when It was emailed........scary stuff this emailing photos. :twisted:  :lol:
regards Wendy

Board footer