Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Mindy... I cannot WAIT for this issue to come out... as a collector!!!!  I just  LOVE looking at photos of all different artist bears!!!   bear_wub

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The TOBY deadline is Jan. 15, but I recommend getting your entry in no later than the 10th.

K Pawz Guest

Thanks Mindy

Hugs,
Krista

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I finally, after some difficulty, got mine sent in. I hope you got it Mindy and the photo is okay. i really don't knowif my email program compresses photos or not. It sure takes a long time to upload a hi res photo. Dial-up you know.
Why is it always the important things that cause you problems? sheesh! Murphy's law I guess. bear_rolleyes  bear_laugh

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Mindy, I wish the Toby and the Golden Teddy competitions were not so close to Christmas. Every year I am broke and really hate to add more to my charges. I bet more artists would join in if it were a little later in the year . Or even March . Ever thought about changing the dates? Does any one else feel this way ? I would like to do both and put several in both but  MONEY MONEY MONEY !!!

JodiFalkAvatar50pixsmall.jpg

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jodi - I'm with you on the date but for different reasons. It's too darn close to the holidays and all the other orders and 'stuff' that has to get done. I know I'd have to start in the fall in order to do my best work and not feel harried but then fall is craft and bear show season and I do both so I still don't have time to really focus on making pieces to submit to the contests. A February or March deadline would be great. But I know it would mess up everything else that's been scheduled around the TOBYs. And many don't accept change so.......

I'll just continue to admire everyone else's organization and time management skills and the wonderful creations they submit to the contests! bear_original

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Mindy,
Just wondering if you recieved my entry and photo for the face book?  I sent it on ...........um yesterday of maybe Monday bear_ermm   I have not yet recieved a confirmation.

Let me know if you get a chance.

Thanks,

AndreaM bear_original

Lancaster PA

I think I can speak for my colleagues at TB Review when I say that we have to have the contest deadlines in early January in order to have enough time to process the entries, judge them, publish the nominees and ballot, let people vote, count the votes, and order the awards before the events, which are held in the summer. (We actually moved our event up four months without changing the entry deadline -- a feat of scheduling I didn't think possible.) We are both committed to supporting certain shows with our nominee announcements and awards events, so we have to work within the time frame those events impose on us.

And, well, to play devil's advocate for a minute: We released the rules and forms for the TOBY program in June. The Golden Teddy stuff has been available almost as long. You bear makers have had six months to get your entries ready. You know the deadlines are right after Christmas every year. Plan ahead. Start earlier. You've got plenty of time; you just have to use it.

Mindy

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I'm a big "goals" person.  I set them out each year.  Not resolutions.. but goals I write out, keep in front of me (some with solid dated deadlines, some without date specific deadlines). 
I like seeing things in writing. Something happens when I take a thought and put it to paper..it becomes that real want or desire to work & strive for.  I know right now that one of my 2007 year goals is to be set and ready for the 2008 Toby/GT early submission deadlines.  I didn't feel "ready" as an artist this year, but will start fresh in the new year with the few ideas I've narrowed it down to. As far as the money...this is probably going to sound really silly, but my hub an I both do change jars (it's almost a competition to see who can save more....washer and dryer change is fair game for those who find it!! bear_grin ). After a full year of plopping loose change into a jar...man you'd be surprised at how much can accumulate!!  Teddy Jar......Commerce Bank will sort the change for free in seconds bear_original

:hug:
~Chrissi

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I finally managed to submit my photo today!! 
I've been waiting for some new lights to arrive, to go with my new lighting tent, but they haven't arrived, so I had to try and borrow lights from different family members!!  Oh well!
I haven't had a confirmation email from Mindy yet - I'm hoping the email has arrived ok?  Are you able to let me know Mindy, so that I can stop worrying that I have missed the deadline?  Thanks.
Can't wait to see the final Facebook - its going to be fab!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

I sent mine off last night...I had a hard time deciding whose photo to send in, especially since I have just come out of bear-making hibernation and haven't made many new bears yet! bear_whistle  Thanks for the confirmation e-mail, Mindy. :hug:  Boy, you must be just swamped with e-mails!

I think I'll have to order the March/April issue because I can't find the magazine in the stores that are supposed to carry it here. bear_sad And hubby and I are trying very hard to be wise (read: frugal) with our money, so I can't subscribe now.

Thanks again for this fabulous opportunity--I can't wait to see the special issue!  bear_original

Bear hugs,
Debora

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I sent mine on Tuesday the 28th  and haven't received an email yet either.  You must be extremely busy, Mindy.  Should I re-send it?  I just answered the application questions in my email.  Should I have scanned the application and attached it?

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Mindy

I have send you mine - hopefully you've got it.

:hug:

Lancaster PA

I am feverishly opening and responding to e-mails, but every time I leave my chair I come back to a dozen more. This is a good thing, but it means the responses aren't getting out as fast as they should. I'll sort the list so I start opening the oldest ones first, which should answer some of your questions.

Thanks for the great effort, everyone!

Mindy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I have to confess I only read that thread today...
I had no idea about what is going on!

And worse: I don't have any picture correct that follows instructions.
I don't make professionnal shots, i don't use uniform backgrounds and their are shadows on most of my pics...

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Stellajella Wien

Sophie, cheeses! How about that lovely white teddy on your homepage? Looks very professional and cute and sweet  to me!!!You still have a day to send, so rush rush girl!!!  :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

Lancaster PA

I just posted a list of entries received by post/snail mail/courier to date:
http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … wtopic=178

In case that link doesn't work, it's in the "news and announcements" forum on the TBF web site. It's in random order and is just based on your return address -- but at least you "regular" mail users will know if your entry is here.

If you e-mailed your entry, you will NOT be on this list -- you should have received an e-mail reply from me. If you sent your entry during the past 24 hours, you might not hear from me 'til Monday -- don't panic.

Cheers,
Mindy

K Pawz Guest

Is that for the face book Mindy? if so I am not on there, but recieved confirmation from you that you recieved my entry.

Hugs,
Krista

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Krista, 

I was thrown by that initially as well, but I think that if I'm reading it correctly, the list Mindy posted is just for people who sent their entry by postal mail / surface mail / snail mail (whatever it's called these days).   
bear_laugh

People who submitted by email should have received a confirmation from Mindy directly.  I think!

Cheers,
Kelly

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Poor Mindy! She'll be up all night tonight.
I'm sure I'm not the only one sending their submission at the very last minute! bear_whistle

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Thanks for the confirmation Mindy. I didin't want to bog down your email anymore than it already was, so I'll just post here. This must be a huge amount of extra work for you, so

Thank You!

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Hi Mindy,
I've emailed my photo but faxed the entry form. As the head shot was not up to quality I have sent two full size shots which have been used in ads so I hope that you may be able to crop these . I haven't heard back from you but no doubt you are VERY busy.
It wil be a wonderful edition so must check that my subscription won't run out prior to the publication date! I love getting them in the mail they always come on just the day you need a lift!
Regards, Susan

Board footer