Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Yeahhhhhhh ... I found that type of material  that is around the rods at Lowe's ...it was in the nursery dept. . it was a cushion you put under your knees when you are weeding. I made some armatures up using it and one stripped  telephone cable wire.

It turned out to quite a chore as I had to first cut a rectangle  then shave off the corners with scissors to get it to be round ...last I cut a slit using a box cutter into the finished shape so the wire could be inserted..then wrapped the whole thing up with plummers tape so the wire stayed in. Comparing it price wise to the purchased armature at Edinburg I think my home made ones were higher priced due to my labor .
I think if I could find that stuff in a tube shape...which you have , than making the armature may be cheaper.
I know Rotaurd Illish makes her armatures for her critters, some are spines for the bears...but I think she wraps them with whatever.. I have made armatures for dolls and they are not covered with anything but they are for display only... Winney

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Boy am I glad I mentioned I couldn't get steel shot. I guess thats why I should ask you guys before I ask here at work eh?? LOL

Donna, I'm going to open the phone book when I get home, but try and get glass beads. Are they expensive??

Ellen and Tammy, you're prood I can get them here! Thanks. I also think I would have to justify why I was buying them though. I'ma bearmaker, not a hunter :D

Off to hunt down some supplies.

Heather

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Heather,
I bought 25 pounds of glass beads when I bought mine.  It came out to be about 25 cents a pound.  It was much cheaper than buying them from the mohair suppliers and I was not paying all that shipping.  Then I shared with all my bear making friends.
Donna

Board footer