bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hey, thanks Jenny!  That was just what I was looking for  bear_original

Hugs,
Kelly

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Shelli and Kelly. We just had a lost in the family  and I am overly sensitive. bear_cry
Everybody friends  bear_thumb 
Bear hugs and Golly smiles
Gladys bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Now you have all got me oh so ready to use the beautiful Faux fur that I bought last year at Hugglets. It is absolutely beautiful. I fell in love with each fur they had so bought a metre of each. I don't know why but in a year I haven't used it, but after reading all the messages I will be cutting one piece of it for my next bear.
One question for all you Faux fur users...does the fur absorbe the colour from airbrushing or shading markers in the same way?

Gladys I am sorry to hear that you have lost a family member, hugs to you!  :hug:

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

I learned a lot from these posts! I am using Bear Bottoms fur with the suede type backing.....three bears so far.....I should've gotten a leather sewing needle or perhaps worn gloves! Now my fingers are tough enough to hand sew leather :crackup: That is a good thing! Because my next group of bears will be made from my deceased grandmothers  :pray: mink coat. She was a very large woman and the coat is large enough to have several experimental bears!
     Thanks for sharing all the tips! Maybe there will be a post started on using recycled real fur?!? bear_grin
     JeannieB bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Jane..I don't think it absorbs...but it dries out fine...and seems permanent enough...and it doesn't appear to change the texture too much either... I've used just about everything on it including oils and it all works fine.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

BillyMoonhead.jpgLaughalot.jpgMilligan.jpgZinger.jpgtigers1.jpgTigerfeet7.jpgTheLynxEffect.jpgSerendipity2.jpgWotalot.jpgI love Tissavel fur! It's such fun to use! I've been buying from Prefur for ages ... since before they sold their own bears ... hmmn!  Anyway, that aside, here are a few of my faux fur designs!

Coincidentally, I started work on another faux fur bear yesterday!  He's being made in brown chinchilla and it is absolutely beautiful!  Really dense, very soft, fabulous markings ... I'll let you know how he turns out!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh, great bears Paula, I just had a visit to the Prefur site and it's so nice to see the furs made into beautiful bears!!  bear_wub   bear_wub My favorite is the last one with the long carmely color fur. Is that from Prefur also?

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Thank you Shari!  Yes, the caramel fabric is from Prefur ... in fact, from memory, I think all these are made from Prefur fabrics.  I think the caramel one is a 'bear brown' or similar ... sorry I can't be more specific, I made these guys quite some time ago!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Paula, I have snail dial-up and see there are even more pictures now so the carmel one isn't the last picture. I love the look of all these furs but of course your style just adds to the appeal  bear_wub   bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

French Velour: www.dear-bears.com
I have their samples... very lovely, soft stuff!!!! bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shari - that's my favorite too! bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm trying to curtail my spending habit here people....THIS is not helping!!!   :crackup:   :crackup:

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Shantell, tell me about it.  I just HAD to ask about the French Velour...  <sigh>.  It's a terrible thing to be a teddy bear artist with no willpower.  Now where's my credit card...

Cheers,
Kelly

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Jane bear_flower
GLADYS

clare14 Country Bears
England

I love all your bears guys - they're awesome!!   bear_wub

I love sassy's Imported Synthetics, like these:

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.c … atch=exact

They have a non stretch backing and most have guardhairs - lovely fabric!!   :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sassy's fabrics are beautiful!
But for those who make big bears most of the pile lengths aren't long enough! bear_sad

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Uh oh.  Guess who never heard of PreFur or Tissavel until now and has just ordered the sample pack....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Go Shelli!!!!!! Welcome to the club!!!  bear_thumb

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Shelli..I have bought from Prefurs but went on their website earlier today...they have some new fabrics and they look fantastic..I feel a credit card crisis coming on..

Willamette Valley Oregon
jenny wrote:

I feel a credit card crisis coming on..

I'm in the midst of it RIGHT NOW!!!  So much for curtailed spending...

Do you think they'll wonder why all of a sudden a bunch of women are ordering fur and samples...should they be warned?

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Would someone put the link up here for Prefurs, pretty please  :pray:  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

Willamette Valley Oregon

I think it was on the previous page somewhere...but here it is again.

http://www.prefurs.com/

You know, Vicki,  ...this is only trouble brewing!!!   :crackup:   :crackup:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I was just about ask where all the pictures were of all these pretty fabrics and low and behold Paula comes to my rescue with the most adorable eye candy. Thankyou Paula.  :hug:
It was one of your Synthetic bears that got me hooked on your creations. I just absolutely adore the white spotty one. Both of them hahahah Your bears are still at the top of my wish list. :redface:  bear_thumb

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

im000117ppsitting9bp.jpg

I have done quite a few bears in synthetic but this one would be my favourite so far.

This is Pumpkin & Pickle.
Made from Koo-Gee plush in Tropicano.
Purchased from Beary-Cheap Supplies in Australia.
Pumpkins head is made from Mock Mohair.

Pickle is made from Moccassin.

These two have been sold.

The fabric is thick but lovely to work with..I reversed the fabric for the paws and footpads and then needle-sculptered them..

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

My goodness that polar bear fabric is to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and then the sables.............
I'm in heaven...... I'm in heaven...... da da dada da da da............ bear_wacko
Nothing like a pretty fabric to turn a girls head bear_grin

Board footer