Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

lbs10 What a beautiful dog! He's amazingly realistic. Can you please tell me where you find that lovely long plush? I am supposed to be making a portrait of our long haired black cat for my son's birthday next month. I was going to use mohair, but if that fur comes in black it would be perfect!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Linda,
Thanks for showing us those pictures!
The coloring and just, well, everything about him is beautiful and perfect!
WOW!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Linda, your dog is breathtaking . . . soooooo very lifelike!  Do you make other dogs and/or animals, or just Shelties?  Wow, your work is awesome!

lbsl0 Whittier, California

Everyone,  Thanks so much for all the lovely compliments!!   I am a definite newcomer to Teddy talk,  I still need to make an avatar and complete a profile for myself.

Haley, The name is Linda,   I am thrilled to have inspired you!

Tami,  The fur comes from CR's Crafts,  it's the Fox fur. here is the web address 

http://www.crscraft.com/products/produc … chOffset=x

Let me how you like it and how it works for you!

Daphne,  Thanks for your help!  Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

Sue Ann,  At this point in time, all I do is Shelties.  I have two beautiful models
Boogie and Sadie, to work from!   I am working on my 14th right now.  I am trying out  the "double jointed neck".   Maybe some day, way off in the future, I might try other breeds. 

Everyone,   Thanks again,  I am gonna like this Teddy talk alot!!!

Linda

Stellajella Wien

These teddies are sooo sweet! bear_wub
And Linda, your sheltie- well, this is something else! I´m still searching for words  bear_rolleyes
Puleeeeaaazzzzzzzeeee show us some more of your incredible animals!!!!!

Well, I´m gonna post Ida Red here, who I made a feew weeks ago.
You all know, ( well,at least some do) that I don´t sell my teddies- or rather: that nobody buys them cause I don´t offer them anywhere.
So, this colleague of mine has seen a few photos of my teddies and wanted me to make a teddy for her 3 year old son soooo badly. A blue or a red one.
And yes, he takes care of them, and no he won´t eat bits and pieces off  of it, and yes he´s a good boy and no, you don´t need to worry that he might choke....she was doing me head in.

I checked with my dealer in germany, she said, red mohair is like led in the rack, nobody would want it.
Lucky me, my boyfriend´s mom had a piece of red plush which she wanted to give to me, because she would never make a bear.
I drive around town to get safety joints and safety eyes,just in case babyboy desides to eat tedy bears and even create a new pattern, sew this bear and bring it to work with me.
My colleagues all went bonkers over it and then comes she...silence...gulping....picking up jaw from the floor.....
Immideately I knew, she didn´t like Ida...she thinks, her arms are too long...she says, bear doesn´t have long limbs...she thinks Ida is ugly...she thinks Ida doesn´t look realistic ( am I in the wrong movie???) My teddies all have long arms, so we can hug better....  bear_whistle
P1010015a.jpg

Ida is a huggable bear  bear_wub

Gaby bear_flower

PS....SHE didn´t get another bear ...and never will! Duh!  bear_tongue

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Gaby, I think your bear is terrific,  your collegue I think is from a different planet.

I wouldn't make her another one either...

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Welcome Linda...I'm another fan of your sheltie  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Stellajella Wien

Denise, thanx a lot  :hug:
I have to admit: I prefer working with mohair to working with plush- plush is a bit slick.
Have a great day
Gaby bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

she thinks, her arms are too long...she says, bear doesn´t have long limbs...she thinks Ida is ugly...she thinks Ida doesn´t look realistic

Sheesh, Gaby, hasn't this lady ever heard of Steiff? Richard Steiff designed his bears after sketches of real ones, and they do have long limbs. Double Sheesh. bear_angry

Linda, your Sheltie is fantabulous--just beautiful! bear_wub

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Gaby, she is just a crazy lady. i love that bear soo much, I can't imagine her not wanting him.

Some people.............

I also want to say, it's wonderful to see the creations here, really makes synthetic fur appealing.

sarahjane Brisbane

These are synthetic bears I made a little while ago....I've never been able to make synthetics work for me since...I've tried twice for this challenge and ended up with something that resembles a football!!!  bear_cry

bear1bc.JPG

sarahjane Brisbane

There are some fantastic bears as a result of this challenge, so I'm going to keep trying!!!  bear_grin

K Pawz Guest

WoW!!! awesome guys...there are more great pictures as well in the challenge thread as well!!!

Hugs,
Krista

hatsuko Nasseh-Ya
Seattle, WA

I hope it's ok to post this here. It doesn't have an animal snout (only very tiny mouth & nostrils) so I wasn't sure... I use only non-animal derived textiles (:

Golden kitsune fox spirit made in the springtime this year. Excelsior stuffed cotter pin joints. Face is synthetic silk hand painted.
01yer_4bg.png

I look forward to posting something brand new for the challenge thread bear_happy

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Oh! I have seen your work on ebay! Lovely and very unique!

hatsuko Nasseh-Ya
Seattle, WA

Thank you Tami (:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Thankyou Tammy & Hayley for the links, I have bookmarked them all. It has been so much fun to see all of the very different creations in this post, I can't wait to get over to the challeng thread!  bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hatsuko... beautiful, unique work!

Board footer