Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie from the UK, this looks like a great forum, look forward to chattng and seeing all your wonderful bears:)

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi Wendi!  Very cute avatar there!  Welcome to TEDDY TALK.  We're new and growing and so far it's been a complete and total blast.

Your website is very nicely done..... and cute teds!  Do be sure to check out the sales forum where you can post pics of your work for FREE!

Enjoy,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yeah  Wendi, Hello Hello

I am so glad you are here.  The ideas on tips on this site are fabulous....and there are a few really wickedly funny senses of humor too!

Dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Add my greetings and welcome to this board, Wendi.  Come and visit us often . . . you've got a really cute avatar!  bear_laugh

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Wow great webpage, welcome to the forum Wendy!

I am sure you're going to love it here!
Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hey Wendi -
I echo what everyone else has said!  :D
And I love your bears!!
Hugs, Daphne

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Hubbie just made the avatar, he is a clever clogs, i wouldn't have a clue how to make one:lol:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

wendi wrote:

he is a clever clogs

I have no idea what this means, but I like it!  I tend to call people by silly names.  Toby, my son, has a broken arm, so we morphed two entirely politically incorrect words -- crippled and gimpy -- into "Crimpy", and now he goes by that.  Before, he was "Peaches," because he has the downiest, most pillowy cheeks on earth.

We've also cycled through "Snaggletooth Fartman," "Loudmouth Bulldog," and the more standard fare such as:  Bug, Punkin, Turkey, Doofy, Skeezer, and Boo.

But I must admit "Clever clogs" just hasn't yet come up.  It sounds kinda like "Krispy Kreme," a famous doughnut brand.  Kewl.

I am adding a mental note to try it out on Noah (younger son) first thing tomorrow morning.  When he asks me what it means I will say, "I have no idea.  I heard it last night in the wee hours from some gal in the UK and it didn't come with a definition."

Anxiously awaiting your clarifying comments... bear_tongue:P:P

Laura Lynn Teddies by Laura Lynn
Lexington, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOl!!!  Oh Shelli you always crack me up!! bear_laugh  My hubby calls my daughter (his stepdaughter) "Who".  He says that now when he says "Who did that?".... it actually places the blame somewhere :lol:.  Actually she loves the nickname... but ONLY from him!  I "can't" call her that :rolleyes:... she's my "kiddo" or "punkin"...(she's almost 17 now!)

But I also wanted to say to Wendi... WOW!  Great bears and awesome website!!!

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

LOL Shelli, you totally lost me now bear_grin ..snaggletooth...not heard that one before:lol:

Clever clogs simply means some one is clever, maybe cleverer than you thought they would be or someone that knows it all..or thinks they do:lol:

Sorry to hear about 'crimpy':) hope he heals soon

Thanks for the welcome Laura and for looking at my site:) I haven't got round to looking at everyones yet.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I looked at your site, Wendi, and it is great.  Snaggletooth is what you are after you've lost one or more teeth.  Most every kid gets called that after the baby teeth start coming out!! Isn't it fun to learn crazy phrases from other cultures??!!  I love it!  bear_grin bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddies by Laura Lynn
Lexington, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I had no idea that's what Snaggletooth meant!  I just remembered the cartoon character named Snaggletooth bear_grin

kimkc Australia

Hi Wendi,
looking forward to chatting with you:)

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Belated welcome, Wendy,

Love your bears and your rotate-a-bear feature! I made myself dizzy playing with it.:P

Eileen

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Wendy...welcome to the board...you won't be bored here...lots of action and learning loads here ...Winney

Board footer