Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi bear_original
I love the chubby cheeks bears!! You all have done a GREAT job!! I just wanted to add that I do  make a few stitches, from the top of the cheek ( right under the outside corner of the eye ) to the bottom of the cheek ( one side at a time). It is hart to explain and I am NOT too good at it!! At the same time I am making sure that the stuffing is toward the chick, working it with the needle if is needed. The stitches not only, when you pull can give a puffier cheek but, it helps to keep the stuffing secure in the cheeks.
I hope that you can understand ??
Have a great weekend.
Bear hugs. bear_wub
Gladys

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I love all your cheekies bears!  I too have done the scissor sculpting on the sides of the muzzle to create puffy cheeks.  However, I have been wanting to create some actual cheeks next to the muzzle on my bears...so I have created this look:
Cheeks-01.jpg

Cheeks-03.jpg

I made the bear's head last night.

Here is another new design I call Cheeky Chops.  I also designed applied cheeks for this bear. 

Cheeks-04.jpg

Cheeks-05.jpg

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Judi, those are great! Love them!

I have a pattern somewhere that was given to me, it also has cheeks like your bears, but your bears are soo much better!

I love the last one with the open mouth. I just keep scrolling up to see him
bear_wub

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Judi

They look great, both of them.
You've got a marvelous look, I love your bears, they are so cheerful.

Hugs Birgitte  :hug:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  someone's hiding all the acorns in their cheeks Judi!

THose designs are great....I like how one looks so feminine and the other like a mischevious little boy.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Judi!  They are so adorable!  I just wanna pinch those little cheeks... lightly and with clean hands of course!!!   bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Judi! They are both AWESOME!!!  :hug:  :clap:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks!  I laughed when I read the bit about acorns , Melissa! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh   I think the first picture looks kind of like a chipmonk.  I think that design will be a one of a kind never to be duplicated.   bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

I am making more of the second bear.  I like that one better than the first.  I have been wanting a bear with cheeks and instead of trying to figure out a side head design, I desgined spearate cheeks to be sew on.  They blend right in with the mohair.

It's fun trying new things, isn't it? :dance:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

They really make me smile Judi!!! I love the puffy cheeks!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I love everyones cheekies bears !!  :clap:

Judi ! Judi ! Judi !! I love your bear #1 and #2 but I really like
the #1 !! so please make duplicate !!!  bear_wub
Your idea never came to my mind !! I never thought
of trying put a "separate cheek parts" for face. You are so clever !!!!  :photo:
May I try your idea ??   :pray:  please !!

Hugs/Marie

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

hahahahah Judi I was just going to say when I saw that first head,
PLEASE make a chipmunk! You could paint his stripes just right, too!

I don't make poofy-cheeked guys but I've found this thread to be utterly
fascinating just the same. & seeing all the examples really makes learning
so much easier! TT people are so generous with helpfulness  bear_wub

EvilMcWeevil Felt Fascinated
Newcastle

Ive just tried something similar to what you've done Judi.  But I think I did it the hard (read; probably stupid) way.  I made insets for the side of the face and the cheeks don't look quite like I had planned.  Unlike yours Judi, which look fantastic by the way.  This will be the first bear I've made in over 8 years, so I'm sadly out of practice and my bears aren't nearly as good as so many of those made by the talented members here.  Here is the head (so far)...

IMG_5521.JPG

EvilMcWeevil Felt Fascinated
Newcastle

Thanks, it has a long way to go before its anywhere near finished though bear_laugh

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

I have also been experimenting with puffy cheeks -I have made a double skin and stuffed them -bit hard to explain but you can put your finger up inside the cheek.1344610505_buster_10best_lightened.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That's terrific, Jo - perfect for a pup! bear_flower

Becky

mandybutler Posts: 2
Terrie wrote:

http://www.teddy-talk.com/img/members/2 … r-003.jpgI do my long haired bears like Melissa explained  but I have one on the go at the moment that has short hair that I have tried to get puffy cheeks on. He's not quite finished and doesn't have a name yet but I am pretty happy with his little puffy cheeks. I cut his muzzle a little larger so that there was room to "stuff some cheeks".

Board footer