Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Since Dilu has found needle felting and most likely a new addiction bear_grin it's surfaced that many others have tried needle felting as well. I thought it would be fun to see some of your work.

I'll go first. I've done exactly 3 felted bears. I have POUNDS of colored wool just waiting for me to do more though!

The smallest one is 3" tall and tallest is 7". All are very firmly felted.... hours and hours and hours of stabbing!!

3%20Bears%20a.jpg

PS. Intercal - perhaps a separate forum for Needle Felting as we could share a lot of info there!!??

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hey Hey Hey Daphne-wonderful guys there.  Really cute.....7"  wow.  I wondered if there was a sizelimit and then decided that as long as they were very very very firmly felted that shouldn't be a problem?

Is this right?

Love your guys....thanks for sharing them

Hugs

Dilu

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne, love your work there, i am a needlefelter, here is one of my latest on this Avatar, meet KeeKee and Son (Mother and son polar bears)

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are adorable!! Love their faces, so cute!

Danni

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

bluegrump3.jpg
bluedrag1Suey.jpg
AuntG3.jpg
1strabbit.jpg

These are some of my feltie creatures. I love felting but have put it aside for the summer. I have a new pattern from Bobby Rippenger for a realistic polar bear but I want to finish a couple of mohair bears first and then there is the thread bear I've been working on....and unfortunately work keeps getting in the way.

Marion

WOW YOU GUYS

Such fanciful magical creatures!  Love the bears, love the bunnies, the dragon....

you guys are so very  very inspiring!

Neddlepointedgollygeewhizzikins hugs to all

Dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Those needle felted critters, Daphne and marion, are superb.

And Daphne... a special note to you, re: the scrapbook-y composition of your photo.  Very, very cute!  Please SEND ME THAT SCOTCH TAPE ELEMENT!  No pressure.  Just do it. Will repay you somehow, someday, in kind.  bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

ALL these needlefelted critters are absolutely wonderful!  Kudos to all of you who take the time and make the effort to create these little beasties!!  I admire your patience and talent!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

BO_7.jpgGreat photos ladies.  Here's my two cents:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

OK...you've shown us all up Judi...you are the best! I want to take your on-line course but have been waiting for the details to show. Can you give us a hint of what the course will be about. I'm hoping you'll be teaching us how achieve the great looks of your face felted bears!

Marion

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I haven't taken a picture of my first felted bear yet, but I did a punk penguin for a challenge on another group (non-bear silly critter) and I have felted a muzzle on another bear (not my pattern).

Sabine

image9.jpg
image0.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would like to learn how to needle felt... i wonder if I can do it with my pom's tumbleweeds (hair balls) that are all over! LOL I vaccuum and vaccuum and they come back the next day! LOL

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Sabine, that muzzle is so cute, and the penguin is FANTASTIC!  I love him!

Judi... Well, I have no words.  Honestly, I think you are the best and most inventive and original needle felter I, personally, have ever seen.  I mean that right to my core.  There just are no words... bear_original

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Thank you so much Shelli! :)

Judi, I particularly love the toes. Have to give that a try some day.

Sabine

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yes, I'm waiting for Miss Judi to publish a book on the Art of Advanced Needle Felting. C'mon Judi!!!
Do tell us more about your online class.... just what will we learn??? That course will be full in no time!

Sabine... that Penguin is dynamite!!!! So cool!!!

Daphne

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would rather buy a book than do an online course... whenever you come out with your book, I will buy it!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi, you're a felting genius dude!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I should clarify before Judi goes into shock.... I've mentioned somewhere along the way in a post to her that she ought to write a needle felting book. I did NOT say she is going to write a book.

But don't y'all think think she should???? :D:D

Daphne

Shelli,  just use your priority tape!!! bear_laugh

All the rest of you who have been so generous in your photos, I am in awe!  I think the work is incredable.  Each one of you has your own style, just as in fur bears, every piece is so unique, I am just in awe of the imagination and the product quality.

You all give me inspiration to keep going and keep trying!

Dilu

Oh goodie Judi's writing a book

\

gotcha

In between knitting knitties, and making bears, and the kids and cows and dancing with a [INVALID] guy.........

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

pickles and tinkie

0apick.jpg  0atink.jpg
I am working on a bear right now that I am doing some needle felting on the face we will see how it turns out?

Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey, Louise, those are really nice!  I didn't know so many of you were secret felters.  I do have some supplies but am too chicken; otherwise occupied; of basically just TIRED to pull them out and experiment any.  Gorgeous little bears!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow wow I just missed 1day but you guys are amazing !!!!!

Daphne,  3bears are so cute !!! I love the one with holding flowers and
              other one with his stichs and another one is so small and
              super cute:D

Marion, Oh, you are so creative ! and so many of cuties !!!

Judi, your work is top of the superb ! I would love to take your felting
       class at E-bearz. :lol:

Sabine, great work !!!  the muzzle of your bear is so adorable and
          I love the bird bear_laugh Fantastic !

Louise,  pickles and tinkie is  so sweet and I love the small details
            you did bear_laugh cute face, foot paw, belly bear_laugh Great work !

Hmmmmm, now I know Bear Artist can make great Felt Bear too.
Bravo everyone !

Hugs/Marie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

MARIE has said it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

JUDI'S WRITING A BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

i WILL BUY IT JUDI!!!!!!!!!!!
matilda

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO  i know judi isnt writing a book, YET lol... but I will buy it when she does... i want an autographed copy!

Board footer