Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC02378-2.JPG

I have a wonderful friend in New Zealand, she can't wear necklaces but loves dangly earrings.....so I thought how hard can it be to make golly earrings?

This is what I came up with.....

But I think they will drive her nuts.....they would me....the fur tickeling your neck?  Maybe I shall have to make another pair, that have the hair going the other direction in a big bow or something?  IDEAS ANYONE?

It was good to challenge myself....Now I need to package them to send them off.....

I hope she will be surprised.....

gollyhugs

dilu

This maybe one of those surprises where the thought counts more because the actual surprise is so annoying!  But I know she will smile....

gollyhugs

dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

She is going to LOVE them !!!! They are very cute . What a great surprise gift. I would love to see her open them !! Good job !!!

Jodi Falk

K Pawz Guest

Awesome Job Dilu, she will love them for sure!!!

Jodi I love your new avatar :clap:

Hugs,
Krista

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I don't think there is any direction the hair could go and NOT tickle! That's half the fun!!! bear_laugh And so tipical of a Golly to always let you know they are there, oh so subtly, or not so!!

What a cute idea and neat gift!!!

Ya made me smile Daphne....Thanks for your insight....Yep you are right....

gollyhugs...

dilu

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

Im in New Zealand. I wish the mail man or women would get the wrong letter box and put them in mine  :crackup:  I think they are fabulous earings. Your friend is going to love them no question there.

Kind Regards
Tania :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I think she will love them.  They are adorable.  If it were me I probably wouldn't wear them anyway.   They are so special that I would just put them somewhere to be looked at a lot but not damaged.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

They are SUPERB-A-MONDO Wonkywoo!!!!!!

But i think you are right about the tickly bit  bear_laugh  bear_wacko  bear_tongue

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
K Pawz wrote:

Awesome Job Dilu, she will love them for sure!!!

Jodi I love your new avatar :clap:

Hugs,
Krista

Thank you , now I feel like a big girl !!! :dance: It is better than looking at my face all the time !!!  bear_laugh I am loving it !!!

Jodi Falk

Thanks guys

....they are boaxed and ready to go to the post office....Wow I have three things going out today....My postmistress hates having to work the window....and I frustrate her no end because of stuff going overseas and customs and all....and then when she hears whats in the packets....she rolls her eyes with the best 13 year old you ever saw...

Renae, you are right about feathers.....Her students love all her crazy danglys so maybe she will use them.....

gollyhugs
dilu

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Dilu, I am sure the Golly Earrings will be a huge success...they are adorable!!!

Hugs &

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very cute idea, Dilu . . . your friend will cherish them because they are from YOU!!!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Too cute! . . . she's gonna' love 'em.

Ahh you guys are too nice...I'll be happy if she gets a chuckle or two....before the mohair starts her sneezing.....

Too bad sculpy is so heavy....

golly hugs

dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very fun and cute Dilu - your friend is going to be so happy to get her present and will be so proud
to wear them even if they tickle. They are so unique and nobody else will have a pair.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu, they are fun with a capital "F!"  She might get tickly from them, but she'll love them all the same.

Awesome, original idea!

Kathleen Pa

Dilu, what a cute, original idea!  I'm sure your friend will love them. bear_original

Kathleen

Board footer