Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

benny.JPGTo all my mini bear friends,

I will be teaching an online mini bear class which will be sponsored by Doll Street Dreamers' website.  The class will begin on October 20th and end around November 20th.  I have taught this class to beginners and experienced bearmakers with great results.

This is an intermediate bear pattern which will teach you how to stitch a 2 ¾" mini bear by hand. 

Click here to read more about the class description:
http://dollstreetdreamers.com/WeeBearsAd.htm

If you have any questions, please email me.

hugs,
Sheila

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi,

I've had lots of good questions about my online class.  I just thought that I would help to answer some questions.

What's so great about an online class.  You can work at your own pace at any time of the day.  The class lessons will be online for 2 weeks after the class ends.  So you will be able to have access to the classes for 6 weeks.  You can print the lessons out and keep them.  I will answer your questions anytime even if it's a year from now.  I will still help you. 

I copied this over from the class website so that you can read how the classes work.  Email me back if you have more questions. 

Thank you for your interest,
Sheila

GENERAL INFORMATION
How the classes actually work!

First of all, you don't need to be a member of Doll Street to take a class as they are open to anyone.  Teachers do not need to be members until they teach their second class.   
        Teachers decide if they want to create a kit to go with his/her class.  That transaction is solely between the student and the teacher; Doll Street does not get involved and does not take a share in kits. 
         If a teacher desires to send pattern pieces in .pdf format and there is no kit, then everything can be done on line.  If not, the teacher may send out patterns by smail mail as s/he would a kit. If the teacher wishes to send out a pattern or kit, it is sent about a week before the class begins by snail mail. 
        Then, on the day of the class, teacher and students are given a web site for that class. Both will have to get in by a user name and password that I will provide.  Only people who have paid for the class can get into the web.  On the web is the class in detail with pictures, etc.
        Each class also has its very own digest, similar to the yahoo group digests.  All the members of the class are authorized to write into this digest (and only class members).  This is the way student and teacher will write back and forth to to each other, asking questions, and the like.  People can also chat with other class members about where to find certain items and other class-related subjects. 
        One feature many like is a "show and tell" section where students can, if they wish, send in their unfinished work for comment or just for show.
        Students (or teachers) don't need to be on line at any particular time, but can access the class on the web at their leisure and can write the digest any time as well.
        The length of each class varies. I usually put up a new class every 5 days or so and the class is left on the web at least 2 weeks after the class is over.   
        We like to see no more than 100 pictures and no fewer than 4 classes, but this, too, is negotiable. 
The advantages of teaching and studying on line are many:  first, it is definitely the thing of the future as it costs students less and it is the "next best thing to being there" with the back and forth discussion with the teacher.  Teachers do not need to travel and no one has to lug around sewing machines or other sewing items.  AND, there is no limit to the number of students a teacher can have!!  In addition, both teacher and students can work at their own pace (and in their jammies if they wish!:) 
www.dollstreetdreamers.com/thedollshop.htm

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

My online mini bear class is going really good.  We have set it up as an on-going class so I am still accepting new students.  If you have any questions, please email me.

bear hugs,
Sheila

Board footer