Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

articrose On The Brite Side

I just joined and am new to the world of making teddies. In fact I have never made one yet, have made soft sculpted dolls and am infatuated with the beautiful bears I see made by others. so I am trying to learn and find a pattern to make my first bear.
Sheri.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome, Sheri!  You'll find lots of helpful advice and friends here.  We're all nuts about bears.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Welcome!!!  SueAnn has posted a pattern for our use.  Here's a link to the patterns and instructions and I believe a place where you can ask her questions.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewforum.php?id=42

Have fun...and yes, we are all nuts...not just about bears either but all things furry (cats, dogs, critters of all sort).

Hugs,
Shantell

well if your crazy about all critters I'm in the right place. I have 6 australian shepherds, I do agility, conformation and obediance. I was brushing them the other day and had a pile of hair, first thought in my mind is, hmmmm, how can I work this into something  bear_laugh
Sheri

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I was brushing them the other day and had a pile of hair, first thought in my mind is, hmmmm, how can I work this into something

NEEDLE FELTING ! ! !

Welcome, Sheri.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Sheri - big welcome to Teddy Talk!  Where in Alaska are you from?  My husband and I visited there in August with his sister and her family . . . all in Anchorage.  We did take the glacier tours and were just awed by the glorious scenery.  Once you start making bears, you will become quickly addicted . . . as we all have.  And yes, most of us have a houseful of animals of some sort.  I have 4 cats and 2 dogs.  Definitely, you can use your shepherds' fur for needlefelting.  We have a forum on that subject, so you might want to check it out.  Look forward to seeing pictures of your work after you get started.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Hi Sheri
Welcome to TT!

Your 'not quite so northern' neighbour,
Cheryl(from Edmonton, AB)

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Sheri,  bear_flower
Welcome!  I'm originally from Alaska.  Grew up there, went to school there, got married there, had my kids there......then got out of there with the whole lot in tow.  We still have family living in Eagle River and Palmer/Wasilla so we travel back up once in a blue moon.  It's a beautiful state. 

Again, welcome!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Sheri, welcome to teddy Talk. It will be great to see how your first bear turns out. Sue Ann's pattern is there for you to use and what better to have the expert that Sue Ann is, here ready to help if you should need it. Emjoy your new found craft and remember once bitten by the bear making bug you'll be hooked.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Sheri

Welcome to TT.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WELCOME TO TT

!!!

welcome441.gif

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Welcome Sheri ! Please post pictures when your first bear is made !  :hug:

TeddyB Posts: 83

bear_flower Welcome to the family  bear_flower

thanks everyone for the warm huggy welcomes.

It was asked where in Alaska am I living. I am in fairbanks. yes, It is a beautiful state and so much inspiration to me.

I use to do beadwork, infact I published 2 books on my own designs geared towards Alaskan designs. arthritis made it so I had to much of a problem holding the tiny needle and doing such fine work so went back to sewing quilts and progressed to dolls and now want to try bears.

I also use to make fur hats and mitts so working with the hairy stuff shouldnt be to new.

And needle felting my dog hair is an idea I will have to try. I have so much of it, need to put it to some use besides gliding across the floor.

would it be OK to post a picture of on e of my dolls for now till I get my first bear done???
Sheri

Teddy09328 Esche B�r

Hello Sheri a very bear welcome too from me to Teddy Talk  bear_flower

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Welcome Sheri,   bear_flower
I'm pretty new here also, about a week.  I can't seem to get off of the computer....it's so addictive! bear_original
Everywhere I look there's somethng here to spark creativity!

I look forward to seeing you bears!

AndreaM bear_original

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Hello Sheri - very nice to meet you .

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

articrose wrote:

would it be OK to post a picture of on e of my dolls for now till I get my first bear done???
Sheri

Yes, absolutely it would.  We are always so inspired by the variety of talents out there in the bear world.  Please do add a picture of your dolls!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Welcome Sheri!!! I know you will have a good time here.

Michelle

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Hi Sheri, welcome to TT!!!

don't be afaid to jump in and post, we love to hear how evryone is going  bear_grin

Celena Oxford

WElcome to TT, Sheri  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome to Teddy talk Sheri - glad that you have come to join us.
Please post a photo of your dolls. Good luck with your bear making.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer