Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Does anyone know where I can get a needle felting kit?  Does Intercal have them?  I want instructions on how to do it, material and also the needles....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Intercal doesn't carry them, but Edinburgh and Bear Cheap do.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

thank you!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

or you can go to gnome sweet gnome. Just google that. They have lots of kits and are cheap.
Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Be sure yu get a kit that has Barbara Allen's book-  It was the most conscise and clear set of instructions I have found and there are lots of pics to show you what she is talking about.

Dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Whered you get that book? where do you get your supplies Dilu? bargain shopping here LOL

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Beary Cheap and Cobweb Cottage-  The kits at both places have her book also I remember someone saying Edinburgh has the same type kits.  The beginners kit has enough wool roving for 4-5 bears and her book included, along with 4 needles.

Then if you get addicted there are a couple other places, here in the states, MIELKES FARMS has the best prices I have found so far on needles, (the tips do break off on occassion) and a large supply of wool.

There is a place called Juggles, the prices aren't as good, but....

RE: ordering from Australia and New Zealand;  I have found both places Beary Cheap and Cobweb Cottage , that I mentioned to be great places and the US dollar is a little stronger than their dollars so your order won't be as much as it states,  last time I checked the exchange rate we were about 89 cents to their dollar.  I figure that covers the shipping.

Also CobWeb Cottage, is Barbara Allen's website, and she wrote the book I was mentioning, and she is having a sale on different wools.  AND I have emailed her with a couple of questions and she responds very very quickly!

The place in Wisconsin, MIELKES FARM, has an awkward web site, but the prices are worth it and they carry a bunch of other fiber arts stuff too.

OK, since I am new to felting I don't know nearly as much as the others and I bet they have even better web sites to share with us.

But maybe this helps a little

Dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It helped a lot! Thanks!:)

Board footer