Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

sarahjane Brisbane

Yep seafood...yummy...Prawns, crab...etc etc then lots of yummy desserts...my favourite part... bear_whistle

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

You guys are making me feel ill all the talk of food.  My supper hasn't settled yet  :crackup:

Oh, here  is the slipper pattern if anyone is interested.  It may not be to scale, but make it whatever size you want.
slipperpattern.jpg

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Ooohhh...I hope people are still here. I just read through the 8 pages since I left around 4:00.........

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

Yeah, it's going to be pretty noisey at my place bear_cry  That fish fry sounds yummy too - is it different kinds of fish Patty?

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

byee fribbles, enjoy your shopping bear_original

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Back several pages, KJ Lyons asked about duck.....I love it....I guess I will email her with a recipe.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Yes, Lyn.  All kinds of fish.  Prawns, calamari, catfish, scallops.  Whatever they can get their hands on, I guess.

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

Not lunch time yet over here but already my poor tummy is growling at me  :crackup:

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

There was also mention of Viggo Mortensen, I believe he is the actor from up my way.....Watertown, NY to be exact. Never met him, but I know the area is pretty proud of him.

Penn Valley, CA

Viggo Mortensen . . . never heard of him.  What has he acted in?

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Our Christmas plans are long and complicated as usual. My Father-In_ Law is in a nursing home, so we are going to pick up Mom and go to the nursing home for Christmas dinner. Can't say I'm looking forward to that, but it will be nice to be with him when he can't get out. Then we are heading to Rochester to see my Niece, her family, my sister and her 2 grandkids.......then spend the night in Roch. with my other niece.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone..I'm Back! I tried to be 'back' an hour ago but couldn't get in...room must have been too crowded! You all talk too much!

I decided it was too early in the morning for champers Aleta so I have bought myself a steaming hot cup of Irish Coffee....thought the heat would kill the alcohol but I actually feel quitelight headed. WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! bear_wacko  bear_wacko

I am heading into town soon...decided to make SueAnns' festive fruit cake from her other post...love things with glace fruit and nuts...yum!
Sorry to hear there are a few sickies....hope the collywobbles go away soon!

Hmm...so I need a date for the party? Okay...I've lined up Orlando Bloom. Yummy! bear_wub  Can we eat our dates? Guess that wouldn't be too polite now would it? Okay, I'll have to settle with just drooling over him whilst swying to the music. Think I need to make my next coffee a straight. bear_ermm
Soz to those girls who like Aragorn and Captain Jack Sparrow...I like my men sqeaky clean and smellin' good...like my legolas  bear_wub ...not grubby and sweaty. bear_whistle

Looks like the aussies are up and at it and those on the other side of the pond are checking out? Where's all the Kiwis??

Patty...Viggo played Aragorn in the Lord of the rings trilogy. He's the grubby one. bear_tongue

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

oh thanks for the pattern tammy, will have to try making some of those, might try to make some out of something that can can have food put into for parties bear_original

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Viggo.....Lord of the Rings, I think??????

Penn Valley, CA

Lord of the Rings. . .  OK, I'll have  to watch it.  It's been on TV a lot lately. 

Hayley,  I'm with you on Orlando Bloom.  Yep.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Patty...I was sure you all made everything from scratch!  lol.  so carton eggnog for us then  bear_tongue   and we are Gibraltarian...(spanish) so fish is a big thing in our life too lol

Oh Viggo....my sister lovvves him!!  I like Orlando better  bear_wub

Hi Hayley...I just read your date was Orlando!  Hes mine sister  bear_angry

Australia

That little shoe is so cute Tammy!

Food on Christmas day? I have had such an upside down kinda December...I was pushing for cheese on toast for Chrissie lunch...but mum said no. bear_ermm
Duck? YUCK! Don't know if it's the brownish colour of the meat, the strong taste, or the thought of what I'm eating...but I have eaten it once only. Where's that chucking smiley?
We will probably go for seafood too...quick, easy and tasty. Although I MAY ask mum about the possibility of KFC.  bear_happy The kids never eat proper meals on the day anyways...too full of chocolate and fizzy drinks. We have an easy day this year, just us, my folks and my sister...eight all together.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

We're having Salmon on christmas day.

Sarah, KFC would be tasty too. Their biscuits are YUMMY! Though I found that the KFCs in London didn't have the biscuits. Do you guys get their yummy buttery backing powder biscuits in Oz??

Australia

Sorry Sarah and Patty....I got him first for the Chrissie party and he has eyes for me only....at least until my hubby gets home, then you can fight between you for who get's him next. bear_thumb
I had to knock back my other heart throb Antonio Banderas when Orlando accepted first, so I'm happy to hand him on to the first to put their hand up. Don't ever say I never give you anything! bear_tongue
Now be nice...no shoving!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Has everyone finished Chrissie shopping?  I have a stack of pressies here on the lounge floor ready for me to wrap  :doh:  :doh:
I still have to get to the shops to pick up a present that would be perfect for my sister....its just been too hot to move away from the air conditioner!

Daphne..no, no biscuits in KFC  bear_cry

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Now what page was that cookie recipe Aleta posted on???

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Duck.....yummy! especially the way I cook it. Here is the recipe:
Salt & Pepper the duck (I usually cut it into half or quarters) Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove to a different pan (or drain off all the fat) then put on the sauce: 1/4C. honey 1/2 t. Ginger 1T worchester sauce, cook 1/2 hour longer........sweet, crispy......

Australia

Daphne...as far as I know we don't get those bikkies...sounds like we are missing out!
Sorry Ellen..but no matter how nicely you try to dress up that duck, I'll pass. Mind you I may be tempted to try that recpe on chicken! Sounds tasty!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

oh thanks for the pattern tammy, will have to try making some of those, might try to make some out of something that can can have food put into for partie

Wendi, that would be so cute for little treats-what about using fun foam ???

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Duck cookies???  bear_tongue

Board footer