Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

When I checked my credit card bill yesterday I found that someone in Thailand had charged something to my account...I called the bank and stopped my card...but with all the stuff that has been happening to me lately it's making me nervous about using cards online..these people seem to be able to get all the information they need.

I was thinking of buying a sewing machine but noticed that several of the sellers had zero feedback and insisted on the buyer emailing a prominent email address on the auction page..so they obviously sell outside eBay without any buyer protection, eBay admit they are aware of these things but they can't seem to ( or won't) do anything about it!!I am just so fed up of all these scams...what is the world coming to?

I am going to buy from local dealer..that way I pay more, but at least I know who sold it to me if I get any problems...

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Thanks for the notice Miss Jenny.
I am happy for you that you caught it in time.....

beary_clairey Luton

Sometimes buying on line is just not worth it!!!

I refuse to buy electrical or very expensive items from ebay as they are so open to con merchants, plus if the item is faulty, all the hassle that would follow trying to get it replaced or refunded !!!

No thanks

Claire

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I don't blame you Jenny for buying local as you will be able to take the item back if you have any problems.Somethings are cheaper on line but anything electrical is best bought locally as there always a possibility it will go wrong.I would be very wary about anyone with zero feedback as these are the ones you can't trust in a lot of cases as decent feedback is what can assure you they are genuine sellers and care for their customers especially if they have sold many items before.
Laurie :hug:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Good advice Jenny - thanks  :hug:

What machine did you decide on in the end?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Sandra...I still haven't decided..I think it might be a Husqvarna Designer 1..I am going to a shop next week for a 'go' on them..and they say they can do me a deal!!!!

It better be a good one!!!

Board footer