Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Teddy Talk Teddy Talk
California
Website

With our TEDDY TALK forum, Intercal hopes to provide a warm and friendly meeting place where teddy bear lovers of all backgrounds and interests -- whether bear artisan or collector, craftsperson or promoter -- from a worldwide audience can join together and share bearmaking tips & techniques; resource recommendations; newly created items for sale; and support for all things bear.

So let's get to TALKing!

Enjoy,

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hello!  Thank you Sue Ann for inviting me to this forum:).  I am wondering how to attach an avatar.  I have not seen where to do the upload for this.  Thanks very much!

Bear hugs and best wishes.  Judi Paul

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hello again.  As you can see I found out how to upload my avatar.:lol:  I am no computer wiz but I am getting it......;)

I have to say that I have recently found Intercal and am sooooo very impressed by how warm and personal the staff is.....this means you, Johnna:D.  I look forward to yards and yards of wonderful mohair to bring my bears to life.

:D:D:P

Hugs, Judi

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOOHOO!!  Glad to have you aboard, Judi and welcome!  bear_laugh  Let's all have a bunch of fun here!  bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well hello Miss Judi Paul!  It's already become a warm and friendly bunch and we've hardly begun!  Thanks for joining in and saying hello.

Looking forward to many more chats with you here.

PS  Love that needle felted avatar cub!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks guys...I mean gals!!!  I love talking teddies, and not just about how to do things....but just plain 'ole bear stuff...like...the one I started on NCTB about "do you look like your bears?"  and "True confessions/stories from bear lovers".    By the way Shelli, thanks for the story and post.   I will take some photos of my buddy bear and my dad's Rattus.   I would love to see your pink elephant too.  Hope your panda doesn't chase after your lady bears after what he may have witnessed in your 'eh hem....sleeping quarters!!!LOL:o

SueAnn, do you look like your bears?  I have been told I look like my bears and so has Shelli.  I have seen others, as well, who look like their bears.  This is not just limited to a particular feature, but the over all look and expression of your work.

Thanks Shelli for the compliment on "Bo"!:D

Bear hugs,
Judi

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

What a hoot!  Yes, I've been told my bears look like me - or - I look like my bears (whatever)!  bear_happy  My feeling is that after a bear maker starts designing his/her own patterns and develops a personal "look/style", the bears will certainly start revealing the individual artist's personality.  I think an artist bear expresses the life experiences of the artist somehow in a "magical" way.  Eeeekkk . . . I'm getting a bit esoteric here. bear_rolleyes  Anyway, I do believe bears can and do look like their creators - just like dogs can resemble their owners sometimes!  bear_grin  Judi, add some of your delightful bears to the "for sale" forum.  I don't want to be the only one. bear_ermm

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Everyone
Have just joined the list and look forward to meeting many more bear artists and learning a whole lot of new things. Great to also see an area where we can if we wish sell our bears and BUY as well without the e-bay fees!!!!
Hugs
Gail ( Loonie ) Canada:cool:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Amen to that, Gail!  Welcome!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

HI GAIL!  Nice to see you here.  This place is growing every day.:D

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Welcome from me, too, Gail.  Yep, I think the Bears For Sale Forum is a wonderful addition to this board!  bear_laugh

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a great opportunity for the bear-making community!  Wishing you all every success and thanking you for the invitation to participate. :)

www.allbear.co.uk

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Welcome Paula!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hi, Paula, and welcome to the board.  What a super avatar! bear_laugh

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Paula...welcome to the group of us crazy teddy bear makers....Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I can't even remember which magazine I was reading just tonight (can you believe I've been so busy that I have issues of TBR, TB&F, and TBCI that I've not yet devoured???), but I noticed that Paula has a wonderful big fluffy beigy-tan guy published this month! 

Congrats, Paula!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  Lovely to meet you all. bear_original

Thank you too Shelli for the plug - very much appreciated!! ;)

Seems like this place is buzzing already and I'm delighted to see that Chris Pike here in good ol' Blighty, has been signed up as a help advisor.  Good luck Chris! bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi Paula.  Welcome!  I see you are from the UK.  I am originally from The UK too.  Spondon, Derbyshire.  Now I am in Wisconsin.

Shelli, WHat is TBCI?  Also, still having trouble with my avatar.  It will not upload.  For some reason it is tells me it is not jpg when I try to up load it to this site...when I know that it is.  Sorry to be a pain .  You did such a beautiful job on it too.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Judi... you're not a pain.  Let me reformat and resend your way.  It should be fine.  Does it read .jpg as the extension?  Who knows... maybe it's my mistake and I sent you the wrong file (I saved in several formats.)  Will check on that and get back to you...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

A huge, special welcome to all of you UK bear people!! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh  So happy to have your input on this board!  As a matter of fact, a huge and special welcome to all of the international posters . . . we in the USA value your knowledge and experience and hope your time here will be well spent.  I know we'll all be learning from each other and what could be better?!!  Thanks to all of you for stopping by.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Absolutely ditto what Sue Ann said, coming from me, too.  It's great to make new friends!

kimkc Australia

Love everyones avatars:)
They are great. Will have to take a piccy so i can add my own:rolleyes:

Board footer