Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm a collector and have been collecting since I was little.  I buy what I like.  I have both artists and manufacturers but have only in the last couple of years adopted some artist bears.  I also have figurines, pillows, etc.  After reading the posts on here, it seems like most are artists. 

I have a site called I Love Teddies, which is the largest resource for teddy and real bears.  I started it to bring collectors, artists, etc. a place for everything bear related.  It's been around for over a couple of years now.

My husband did http://www.teddy-bears.org

I look forward to talking about bears, but I don't think I'll be able to contribute too much about making bears.

Chrissie

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Hi Chrissie,
hope you have fun here, i spend too much time here when i should be working!
:rolleyes:
hugs Kerren

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Chrissi! It is so nice that you have come to join us. Great bunch here! Welcome!!!

Hughs Louise

piegabaer Speyer/Germany

Welcome and have a lot of fun bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Chrissie, hooray for you!!  We've been needing some collectors on the board and will welcome your opinions from a collector's point of view!  You know, we artists wouldn't be in business if it weren't for you!  Please talk about anything that comes to your mind . . . what you expect from an artist bear, if there are any exciting trends in bear making that you particularly like, etc.  Be certain that we artists will take an interest in what you have to say!!  Thanks much for joining us at Teddy Talk! bear_laugh bear_laugh

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I second what Sue Ann said, and offer you the warmest welcome.  I love your logo graphic/avatar, and have seen you before, on the web. bear_original

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

A very big welcome!
Great website! Lovely avatar! I love teddie TOO!

Hugs, Julia.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Hi Chrissie
Welcome! Your website is wonderful...thank you for heading it with a source to help the animals that were affected by the disaster.

I'm new to Teddy Talk too and I'm having a great time getting new ideas, inspiration, and making new friends.
Kathy

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome Chrissie, great to have you here!!  bear_laugh  It's great to have some collectors on the list. Have you ever thought of perhaps making them yourself?

Danni

Deb Upstate New York

Welcome Chrissie ~

You'll love it here.  These folks will make you laugh, cry, and think!  Thanks for the link.

Deb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Chrissie, a big welcome to you. Please jump right on in and let us get to know you.

Jane.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Chrissie ! Big welcome from Japan.

I visited your website and notice that you had my name under the
Artist List !!  Thank you very much for adding my name ! :D
This is really good place to talk about teddy bear and more, I hope
you stay a while with us.

Hugs/Marie

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Hello Chrissi,

We're so happy to have you here.  We love to hear from collectors.  We need your input.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Welcome Chrissie,so nice that you are here bear_laugh  Thanks so much for adding "Shar-Bear's Lair" to your artists page bear_original 

Hugs and blessings,Shari.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Danni, I've tried to make a bear twice, and it wasn't pretty.  bear_laugh  I've done it with Koto Bears at 2 of the last 3 Disney Doll and Teddy Bear Conventions.  Those ladies are really nice and helpful.  We only had to do the head (do eyes, nose and mouth, and attach ears; the nose on the first one I did was all messed up) and stuff the body.  I don't even know how to sew a button (I learned but forgot).  I'm not very crafty.  The first time, I used up all of the Koto Bear ladies (Mari and Akemi)  band-aids - I stabbed myself a lot!  It was fun doing it but I prefer to be on the other side.  I'll probably do it again, but not as an artist.  I definitely have a lot of respect for those who do it because it isn't easy.  I think I prefer being on the collector side.  :)

Regarding my website, I just added some of you (artists) to the site the other day when I found out about this message board.  If you or someone you know wants a link on I Love Teddies, let me know. 

Chrissie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I found my name on your site and appreciate the link very much.  I will be updating my links before too long, and will add yours!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Chrissie,
Thankyou so much for adding me to your website, I will put you on mine.

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Hi Chrissie -  I agree with the others - it will be great to have a collector in our midst and we will value what you have to say.  I see you are in South Florida.  I am in West Palm Beach.

Jill

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Chrissie,

A big welcome !  I havn't been on here much the past couple of weeks, but was so excited to see my name on your site.  Thank you SO much fo adding me !  I'll add you to mine also.

I agree that it will be nice to have a collector's point of view on things here.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Welcome!! It's nice to have a collector here. I'm sure we have tonnes of questions for you. Thanks for joining, and your site is VERY cool!!
Heather

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Welcome Chrissie, nice to hear from you.  Enjoy some of these wonderful people and their bears

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome Chrissie and neat that you have joined us here.

I visited your site and it is great - love the name. I think that we all have something in common
with the name of your site. thanks for adding my link and I will get my web-designer to add yours
next time he does some updates.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_original

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

thanks tammy i loved your site  too my site is new lots more to do  talk to you soon fran jazzyrags

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

studio-picture-050.jpgi am sorry chissie i called you tammy but i meant chrissie please forgive me fran silly me

Board footer