Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hello everybody!

I have been here for a while. Didn't notice this forum somehow.
I am born German, live in Sweden since 1996 and have been making bears since 1999. It all started with a german mini bear magazine with patterns sent to me by my mother. I ordered the first supplies from Germany (still can't get anything decent here) and started making miniatures (under 4 inches). Later  I moved on to larger bears, mohair, real fur and recently thread crochet bears and needle felting. I've used many commercial patterns, but also make my own. I hate to do the same bear twice and keep most of them. If I do give a bear away it is to relatives and friends whom I can trust with cherishing the bear. I haven't sold any bears yet, but perhaps I will to colleagues at work, never big style though. It will remain a hobby as I have a demanding and fulfilling day job.

I've got a simple web site so far in German only, but mostly pictures anyway.

Happy to be in this group. I've learned a lot earlier on Edinburgh's classroom and now here.

Hugs

Sabine

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Sabine! 

Lovely to hear from someone who makes bears simply because she loves it and enjoys the hobby.  So many people now want to make a profitable income from bear-making (not so easy believe me!) and they lose the pleasure of making bears for the sheer fun of it. 

Good luck with your website. :)

PS.  Must just mention how impressed I am at the non-English members' written English on this forum! (No, that statement doesn't include the US members!  I couldn't think how best to explain myself and so the sentence isn't a good one ... and me an English lass too!)  bear_rolleyes bear_cool

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Sabine, I have spoken to you before within the messages but I thought I would say a nice hello here too.
My best friend has the name Sabine, her mother was German and he father English. I love the cute bears on your website, Percy is my favourite.

Jane.

Deb Upstate New York

Welcome Sabine!  I think this New Members section has only been up awhile ... maybe even days at this point ... so you wouldn't have seen it.  Posts of people introducing themselves were moved into this area.

Nice site; nice bears.

Deb (NY)

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Sabine, HI! g030.gif 

I'm so happy to meet here girls all over the world. you'll love being part of thi bear society. I'm new also but feel like at home. So glad I could make some friends hereWelcome.
Hugs,
Julia

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Sabine! Welcome to the best group of ladies you will every hope to know! These Old birds are fun, helpful and full of support.

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, this New Members Forum has just been set up.  Our techi wonder guy, Quy, has moved all the posts regarding newcomers to this forum.  He also set up the Showcase Forum so that all of those posts would be separate from the general discussion area . . . which was getting HUGE and unwieldy!!  Hooray for Quy!!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Thank you everybody. Nice to meet every one of you! Julia, where do you find those cute angel smilies? I'll be going to Paris tomorrow (Sunday), back next Friday. I'm a little nervous about flying although I've done it many times. keep your fingers crossed :/;) No doubt I'll have to spend hours to catch up on the weekend :lol:

Sabine

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome Sabine, great to have you here, and nice to read an introduction!

Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome Sabine.
I think that you are the first Swedish Bear lady I have met so glad that you have joined our group.
I hope that you have an enjoyable time in Paris and look forward to hearing from you, on your return.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_original

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Thank you Fran! What an amazing dress!!

Cheers

Sabine

P.S. I've been to Australia a few years ago and it really is a gruelling flight, but well worth it.

Board footer