Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Hi everyone,

I've just finished a bear about 2.75 inches tall.  He really looks like he should be a fairy bear with wings!

Does anyone know where I can buy some little wings?  Or have ideas on how to make them myself....

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

Hi Catherine bear_grin I have used wire with white panthose or tights. You just shape the wire into wings and then put [ I use child size] the white tights over it and twist thinner wire over and over...... intil their snug over the wire. Does that make any sense? bear_tongue

chainofdaisies Palmerston North, NZ

i was just looking at this long thread  bear_laugh http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=3837 with lots of links to tutorials.. i want to try some of them out if i get a chance sometime after exams

Melbourne, Australia

Brenda - sounds like a good option, might give it a go and see how it works out!

Grace - thanks so much for showing me this thread - there's certainly a wealth of information in there and lots of inspiration!  bear_laugh

chainofdaisies Palmerston North, NZ

looking forward to seeing the bear   bear_laugh

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Yup Catherine, that 6 page thread is the way to go   bear_grin  have fun!!  other than that practise and experiment and have a blast!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Dont forget to check out blog pages. You may find lots of wing tutorials on these as well.
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl … nted-glass

there are many different options out there.

Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for the link Matilda  bear_thumb

Sarah, I should have thought to ask you about wings!  bear_wacko  bear_tongue

Board footer