Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I have to agree with everyone else, Charlotte: You do look amazing and younger. . .  and you are quite generous to have donated your hair to Locks of Love. Did I read your last post here correctly:  that you did this yourself??? You are very brave, indeed, and it looks like you had it cut professionally.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Chrissie ...Thanks so much...

Hugs &

Adkins, Texas

Marlys,
Yes I cut it myself... took some time...got it all up in a ponytail on top of my head...2 rubberbands...measured very carefully...and took a major deep breath...then waited a while..then went back to the mirror..scissors in hand...put them in place...said to self...hmmm should I do this??? and then I just went for it... cut between the 2 rubberbands...so that what I cut off..would stay together...then I took the rubberband off what was left on my head...and said...Ohhh I gotta wash it now...and then...and then...and then...it felt tooo good...dried in no time...just kind of fluff it up...as it dried & my natural wave came back..I have been to a hair dresser perhaps 3 times in my over 60 years..they never do it right!!!Thanks again!!! The Locks of Love happened after I cut the 14 inches off...which is a wonderful thing I didn't know about at first...

Hugs &

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

You look wonderful Charlotte!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Gladys bear_flower

Adkins, Texas

Aweeee Thanks Mucho Gladys!!!!

Hugs &

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

De nada Charlotte bear_original 
Have a wonderful weekend with your new do bear_thumb
Gladys bear_flower

Adkins, Texas

You bet as Gladys...you have a great weekend too...doing a special BBQ dinner for hubby on Sunday...new do et al!!!

Hugs &

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap: Wow!!  You look wonderful in your new haircut Charlotte!   bear_flower

I've been pondering the same.  I'm just not a 'long hair' type person, as I'm a wash n go sort.  But I've let my hair grow into a ponytail for ages.  Its down below my shoulderblades now, but I need to scheduale an appt with a hairdresser as I'm getting a primal urge to just wack it all off   bear_whistle   I don't think mine will be anywhere near the amount needed for a donation though. 

I didn't even realize about the weight, but the fact it was causing you headaches and neck aches....Charlotte your hair must've been gloriously thick and long!  bear_wub   I love the new look on you, and what a wonderful hubby!!!   bear_wub  He's right you know, you do look younger!  :hug:

Adkins, Texas

Thanks sooooo much Debbie, Wash n go is such fun!!! The Locks of Love want it in a pony tail or braid and 10 inches long...so if you are there or close...it's such a great feeling thinking it will help a beautiful child who needs it!!! LOL...I followed my primal need...I just chopped mine...and didn't even do any touch up trimming...I actually weighed what I cut off...it was over 1 1/2 ounces of hair...what an amazing difference it made:)
Try Putting your hair up in a pony tail on top of your head...then measure the length...will tell you if you have enough to donate yet.. and they also say:

Hair that is 6-10 inches in length will be accepted and sold at fair market value to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

So lots of help to them too!!!

Hugs &

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Coloring,cutting your hair makes you lovingly & new bear_thumb
Having short or long I like it too :dance:
After or before  to me your a Lovely lady,because! :hug:
Rendering love is what you know what to do  bear_wub by
Loving your hubby,teddies,family & friends and whom surround you. :clap:
Of course your hubby noticed too,he loves you because: bear_flower
Two makes one & he only has eyes for you :hug:
Two wigs or one will make a big difference in the love of a little angel too! :dance:
Everlasting beauty before or after will always be you bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Adkins, Texas

Mary,
You took my breath away...Thank you soooo very Much!!!

Hugs &

Board footer