Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Sue Ann, Thank you for your comment :lol:

I guess good night now !
bear hugs/Marie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Hang in there, Dilu :lol:

My eldest (27) has been through a range of very "interesting" boyfriends, some of whom ended up living with us.
But each one is a little less awful than the last, so I have hope!! :rolleyes:

My now-married daughter (25), the settled domestic one now working on her Masters Degree in English, used to dye her hair bright purple, wore a ring in her nose and bellybutton, and swore she'd never marry anyone but  a rock singer.

I used to iron my very long hair and dress like a goth, long before there WERE goths. In those days, I would have been every son's mother's nightmare. bear_angry Got a BA in Greek, a PhD in English, got very respectable as an English Prof and mother. Now I'm making teddies. Go figure.

Lysistrata's heart is in the right place, and that's what counts. We gotta love the people our kids love, if only on spec!

Eileen

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

:lol::lol::D!!!

I've been trying to be good about staying off the computer but I missed ya'll!  LOVED all the stories!  "hoot like a drain" LOL!  And I LOVE the term "wonky"  :lol:

Laure - WONDERFUL story!!  and thank you for your kind words too ;)

Eileen, I'm so sorry for all you've been thru... but so happy you've made it out the other end!

Penny - the poet ;), Joshua is a DOLL!!! 

Aww Daphne!  That was rotton of the kids when you were young!  I think Daphne is a lovely name!  I think many of the Greek names are pretty!

Marie - you GO girl!  I'm so glad you've found something you love and also a way to learn how to do it better (E-ZBear U).  good luck with your show!!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Laura Lynn ) Thank you for encourage !  :)
                    I am so nervous for show  .....(@@

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I just love this topic:). Here is my (little) story :
I'm very gratefull for tidying ! My mother, in a tidyness mood was putting some old clothes in a big bag... As I'm very curious and like to bother her gently, I began just putting conscientiously all the clothes OFF the bag and to try them one after all... And I saw the wonderful black fake fur coat she was wearing when I was a child... The day my father gave it to her as a present I remember having asked : "Mummy, couldn't we make teddies in it instead of using it as a coat ?" I immediately take the coat (letting all the chaos I made in place bear_tongue Poooor mummy... bear_laugh ) and began searching a pattern on the net. That's all but there is no day I don't work on a bear, now:). It's like I just do what I've ever wanted to do ! :)
My favorite bear is one of those I made off that coat, because when I hug him, I see myself as a chid, hugging my mother in her coat :).

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA
Marion wrote:

I just love this topic:). It's like I just do what I've ever wanted to do ! :)

Marion, I loved your story.  You remind me of my youngest daughter.  She is 24, living with a fiancee and a baby, and yet continues her impish habits of doing things that ruffle me on purpose, just because she knows I love her to pieces, and she can get away with it. 
She is such a darling brat!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::lol::D

I've quoted what you said above, because it reminds me of a "revelation" that came to me once, "Hey, I can create anything I want to!!! :cool:"

Here is my "brat", Edith (Edie)

http://www.pix05.com/f/edith_the_brat1770.jpg

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

(Thanks to my dear Harrap's, I now do know what a "brat" means... Mmm... nothing to do with me bear_happy :lol::rolleyes: bear_original )

I really would like to meet your daughter ! I think we would get on well bear_original !
(sweeet teeths indeed :D)

(Oh, that reminds me I forgot something in my presentation : I've a fiancee too, and the baby is mm... let say -1 year old or something like that (*youhou, daaarling, you do want a baby soon, don't you ??? bear_rolleyes *)... I hope to stay a brat a little when my baby will be here^^.)

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Please speak to me, what means, how you say, Harrap's??  Is it perchance a dictionary or some reference book?

Yes, Marion, I believe you and my Edie are two peas in a pod.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oh sorry, it's the "Harrap's new shorter" dictionary (English-French/ French-English) the "bible of bilingual dictionnaries" (so they say -in French- on the book :D). I always reffer to it like that, so I didn't tought it wasn't an evidence (it surely isn't, sorry *blush*). It's very helpful:).

I just love "two peas in a pod", it's so better that "larrons en foire" (ouch I do not know how to translate... mm... it means, err... "two peas in a pod" indeed bear_happy ).

Board footer