Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
FenBeary Folk wrote:

I think I must be really hooked as I tend to see bears in every piece of fabric, rug, cushion and clothing that I see :crackup:

I've luckily stopped myself a time or two from saying out loud "Oh, your dog's fur would make a beautiful teddy bear!" How awful that would be!
:crackup:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I know what you mean we have a gorgeous tan/black long haired german shepherd who is 18months and I have eyed her fur a few times -contemplating how I could use all the fur she sheds, I could certainly stuff a lot with it but how to weave it onto a backing eludes me at the moment :crackup:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario
Daphne wrote:

This Japanese silk stuff is sounding very interesting.... Edinburgh doesn't have theirs in yet. bear_sad But it's on it's way!

Hey Daphne,  just came back from TBAI and believe it or not Edinburgh was there, and they had the silk stuff , it's very soft but be prepared to cut off your right arm to buy it.  It's over the moon in price, it's very soft but I'd be interested to hear how it is to work with. 

big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Good... that they have it now... they didn't for their big preview at Expo or for my show last weekend as expected.

Bad... that it's so expensive... more than their mohair?

Edited to say I spoke w/Edin. today... they only had a few small pieces which Pete brought to TBAI... they don't have any in the warehouse yet and no prices.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Good tips daph, I'll now be looking at throws.............

Yes, you have to be creative to find cool stuff to make bears out of. I've found some great stuff thanks to this thread.
Oh, and the african stuff seems cheap if you buy it off their site. The prices even include shipping!!!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Well if I remember correctly the Silk that Pete had at TBAI Daphne was around 68-69.00 per quater, would be one really expensive bear when all is said and done.  It was beautiful stuff though and sooo   soft, appeared to have a really nice backing to it as well.

big hugs

Shane

My Loubear samples arrived this morning and they look really lovely, I have checked the exchage rate again and they look really well priced :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sue - I placed my order online Sunday night and got a shipping confirmation by mid-day on Monday! They are fast!! I ordered 3 different styles in various colors. I can't wait to get it!

Oh Daphne, you will have to let us know what they are like when they arrive, my samples took 8 days airmail so not bad at all :hug:

Board footer