Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I'm going to try and make some wings with liquid fimo (same as liquid sculpey) and was wondering how I would attach them to my mini bear when finished?  I have some thing jewellery wire that I thought to use as an edge for the wings (have been looking up this part on previous posts), but just not too sure how to attach them so they stay up nicely.

Thanks for any ideas,
Hugs
catherine
x

anitra008 Posts: 1

I just poked a small hole in the back of my tiny ted and then pushed each wired wing in the hole to open it up a bit. Then used some tacky glue on the wire part you plan to stick in the hole..After you have them pushed in use some super glue sparingly around the wire edge that is at the holes entry this is to just keep the wire in place. Then lay your teddy belly down for about 12 hours and that should do it
Anitra
Fritz's Furry Friendslogo1_copy.jpg

Antwerp, Belgium

thanks Anitra, I'll give it a try when I make some wings I'm happy with!

Catherine
x

jude P.F.A.T.T. Cottage
Belding Michigan

Hi Catherine,

When you do mini wings you will end up with one or two wires from each side of the wings.  I twist these together and then whip stitch them in place.  I them cover the wire and stitching with all sorts of pretty things like mini flowers or beads or even some chenille.  Whatever is appropriate for the faerie.  Did that make sense?

Jude

Antwerp, Belgium

that's a great idea Jude, it certainly made sense.  I love the bear in your avatar  bear_wub

Catherine

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

lulu.jpgHi Catherine

I haven't made wings - but with the wire edged wings I purchased I basically inserted them as I would a glass eye - I trimmed down the wire so it was relatively short - carefully inserted the threade and twisted the ends together - then entered the thread/wire in at the back -  and came out at the butt then repeated for the other wing coming out a couple of mm away from the first exit point - tied the two threads together and sunk the knot back into the body.  i can still move the wires around bit for posing but I know that they're not going to fall out as they're stitched in nice and firm.

does that make sense?  It's how I did the wings on Lulu below - but I don't have a shot of her back on this computer

Board footer